Public Breastfeeding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Public Breastfeeding
I live with a woman that's breastfeeding. I RARELY see that *gasp* nipple. 1) because the baby's head is covering it most of the time 2) because I'm talking to her face not her breasts. Sheesh. It's the natural way humans feed their babies and it's HUMAN anatomy.

Nah, let's all just be ashamed of female bodies and continue the cycle of self-criticism and loathing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aquaquilter's post
05-10-2013, 12:50 AM
When I was at my sisters place the other (she just had a baby) I saw WAAAAY to much sister boob. Like.. WAAAAAYYYY too much.
She wasn't even breast feeding, just like whipping it out to rub some nipple cream on. The fact that I'm sitting RIGHT THERE totally irrelevant to her...

I don't have a problem with breast feeding in public. Get over it I say. But sister boob? Not cool. Not cool at all.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Breastfeeding in public is fine, heck in New York women can go topless for no reason at all.
05-10-2013, 07:46 AM
(05-10-2013 12:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  When I was at my sisters place the other (she just had a baby) I saw WAAAAY to much sister boob. Like.. WAAAAAYYYY too much.
She wasn't even breast feeding, just like whipping it out to rub some nipple cream on. The fact that I'm sitting RIGHT THERE totally irrelevant to her...

I don't have a problem with breast feeding in public. Get over it I say. But sister boob? Not cool. Not cool at all.

I don't understand why that should bother you in the least. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-10-2013, 11:02 AM
(05-10-2013 07:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 12:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  When I was at my sisters place the other (she just had a baby) I saw WAAAAY to much sister boob. Like.. WAAAAAYYYY too much.

Reaction Formation.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
05-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I remember the mall near where I grew up added an area of the main bathroom for breastfeeding. However, it was still in the bathroom. Do we really think women should take their babies into a public restroom in order to feed them? At what age should people be allowed to eat somewhere other than near a toilet? The people who have problems with it need to grow up. Even the most prepared mother of newborn can find herself in a situation where she has to breastfeed her child in public even if pumping or supplementing with formula.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Breast feeding in public. That's kind of a tough one for me. I lean toward against it! Why? Because it's in public and will make many people uncomfortable. Also, If you're gonna flop a tit out, I'm gonna be hard pressed not to look! Just being truthful here! I'll try not to stare and that will make me uncomfortable. But my eyes will wander. Can't help it. So: you have a minority of people (Who are right. It's the best thing for their children.) And the majority of people (Who are also right. They are in an expensive restaurant, maybe about to propose to the person they love and public breastfeeding has ruined their evening! Yes, breastfeeding is a natural act. So is fucking! We gonna do that in public?
05-10-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm personally pro anything that gets boobs out and in the open, so it would be hypocritical of me to not support this as well. Feed away I say.

05-10-2013, 01:58 PM
(05-10-2013 07:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I may take back part of my previous post because earmuffs makes a very good point. Sister boob is no good. Other people's sister boob is fine though.

05-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote: Some even talked about how they ask women to move to another spot or go in the bathroom to breastfeed.
I think that's so awful. I mean, would you want to be forced to eat a sandwich in the bathroom, with someone taking a shit right beside you? No? Then why do people want to force babies to eat there. Sometimes, mothers don't have a babysitter and need to take the kid with them. Babies have to eat frequently, so they might not be able to wait until they are home, and they may not have a bottle with them. I don't see why people are so weird about boobs.

Quote:Want to know one of the more ridiculous things many of them were saying?
"Women need to be considerate of others! I don't want to have to explain to my child why you have your boob out in public with a baby sucking on it!"
[headdesk]

Quote:Not that I think anything is wrong with it, but I used to work at a café where there would be a lot of mothers breastfeeding their babies, and they would remove their shirt entirely and just sit there half-naked and refuse to cover up.
I dunno where you are, but I'd think taking the whole shirt off would be against some regulations in a food place, kind of like the 'no shirt/no shoes/no service" stuff.

It's an interesting point though. I don't have kids. when I think of public breastfeeding, I think of people at the mall or on a park bench. I had a friend who breastfed and she would hide in the car with a blanket over her, or go into a bathroom and use a breastpump so she'd have a bottle, she was so horrified of people seeing her do it.

Quote:I would have nothing against it if everyone was a good-looking babe, or just average for that matter, but when you look like a fucking whale, then please, for my eyes sake, cover your fat, disgusting body up.
Why do people only tend to body-police fat women? Women aren't decorations, they're human beings. Some of them are fat. It's not your business either way.

Quote:Also, If you're gonna flop a tit out, I'm gonna be hard pressed not to look!
So what? It's not the woman's fault you're that amazed by human nudity. Half the adult population has breasts, they're not that much of a novelty.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post