Public Breastfeeding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: Public Breastfeeding
It's not a question of who's fault it is. It's just reality. And if you are shocked by the fact than men love breasts, I have a bridge across the Sahara desert I'd like to sell you! Again: The majority of the population is either offended or uncomfortable about it. Therefore the public breast feeders have to lose the argument!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't' wish for there to be a law against it but women should take it upon themselves to cover up. We don't live in 5th century Africa. We live in 21st century America where tits are not life support as much as they are sexual objects. On top of most women in the US having far from attractive tits I'd rather not have my child sitting in the DMV with me seeing a fat chick flop her pancake nipple out. If you're breastfeeding carry a blanket around.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-10-2013, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 03:54 PM by amyb.)
(05-10-2013 02:40 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  It's not a question of who's fault it is. It's just reality. And if you are shocked by the fact than men love breasts, I have a bridge across the Sahara desert I'd like to sell you! Again: The majority of the population is either offended or uncomfortable about it. Therefore the public breast feeders have to lose the argument!
Being shocked or offended doesn't make you right, nor is it a good reason to make something illegal (and if you aren't arguing for illegality, I don't know what you're arguing for. Otherwise, the shock and horror is irrelevant).

To put it another way, some people are shocked when they see a burn victim. Does that mean we can't let them in public, because they might not fit your ideals of attractiveness?

Quote:I don't' wish for there to be a law against it but women should take it upon themselves to cover up. We don't live in 5th century Africa. We live in 21st century America where tits are not life support as much as they are sexual objects. On top of most women in the US having far from attractive tits I'd rather not have my child sitting in the DMV with me seeing a fat chick flop her pancake nipple out. If you're breastfeeding carry a blanket around.

I still fail to see why it matters that she's fat. Breastfeeding is not a sex act; breasts are body parts. I don't see why the kid should go hungry because you judge the mother as unattractive.

Breasts serve different functions. They are a secondary sex characteristic, yes, but they also serve as a way to feed a baby. Just because you don't want to see someone's tit doesn't give you the right to say they can't feed their baby. Again, I've seen a lot of men shirtless who have far from attractive bodies, but I don't tell them to cover that shit up, because I'm not sexualizing them and it's not my business what they're wearing.

I see a lot of men out there who aren't attractive, should I ask them to cover up their faces? Attractiveness has fuckall to do with feeding your kid. If some women has committed the apparently horrible crime of not being attractive or of being overweight, avert your eyes. Again, women are not decorations. They don't exist so you can find them attractive, and if you don't find them attractive, they have nothing to apologize for. They are not responsible if other people are judgmental assholes, and their kids should also not have to suffer for it.

Also, most breastfeeding mothers DO cover up quite adequately, as far as I've seen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
05-10-2013, 03:50 PM
I'd also like to point out that taking a shit is easily as natural a process as breastfeeding but you wouldn't want people everywhere to start shtting in their yards. Those of you saying 'don't like it don't watch' must not have kids.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-10-2013, 03:54 PM
(05-10-2013 03:49 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 02:40 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  It's not a question of who's fault it is. It's just reality. And if you are shocked by the fact than men love breasts, I have a bridge across the Sahara desert I'd like to sell you! Again: The majority of the population is either offended or uncomfortable about it. Therefore the public breast feeders have to lose the argument!
Being shocked or offended doesn't make you right, nor is it a good reason to make something illegal (and if you aren't arguing for illegality, I don't know what you're arguing for. Otherwise, the shock and horror is irrelevant).

To put it another way, some people are shocked when they see a burn victim. Does that mean we can't let them in public, because they might not fit your ideals of attractiveness?

Quote:I don't' wish for there to be a law against it but women should take it upon themselves to cover up. We don't live in 5th century Africa. We live in 21st century America where tits are not life support as much as they are sexual objects. On top of most women in the US having far from attractive tits I'd rather not have my child sitting in the DMV with me seeing a fat chick flop her pancake nipple out. If you're breastfeeding carry a blanket around.

I still fail to see why it matters that she's fat. Breastfeeding is not a sex act; breasts are body parts. I don't see why the kid should go hungry because you judge the mother as unattractive.

Breasts serve different functions. They are a secondary sex characteristic, yes, but they also serve as a way to feed a baby. Just because you don't want to see someone's tit doesn't give you the right to say they can't feed their baby. Again, I've seen a lot of men shirtless who have far from attractive bodies, but I don't tell them to cover that shit up, because I'm not sexualizing them and it's not my business what they're wearing.

I see a lot of men out there who aren't attractive, should I ask them to cover up their faces? Attractiveness has fuckall to do with feeding your kid.

Also, most breastfeeding mothers DO cover up quite adequately, as far as I've seen.

Because I don't want to see some fat chicks tits. And the kid shouldn't go hungry. The mother should just cover up. Fat men should keep their shirts on too. It's called courtesy. No one wants to see that. And for the sake of fairness and consistency hot women with great tits should also cover up. I don't have to look but I can't stop my 13 year old son (If i had one) from rubbing his pecker in the DMV to a 5'9" 130lb blonde breastfeeder.

-Mark Twain
05-10-2013, 04:01 PM
I think it's perfectly ok for a fat man to go shirtless in some places, because it doesn't affect me. Just because I see him shirtless doesn't mean I have to fuck him or something, I don't even have to imagine myself having sex with him, I'm an adult and I can keep my opinions to myself. Likewise, I don't see how "she's fat" shows anything but immaturity on the part of the observer. Not all bodies have to be sexualized all the time. Why can't people just see them as bodies, rather than having to judge every one on its fuckability?

I saw the same attitude when I was an art student. People would say horrible shit about some of the nude models for having slightly imperfect bodies. They weren't there to fuck us or be judged by us; they were there so we could learn how to draw the human body.

And again, I've never seen a woman just totally disrobe in public and yell "hey everyone look at my tits." Every time I see a breastfeeding mother, she is covered up and being quite modest, in my experience.

If you had a 13 year old son who rubbed his dick every time he saw a tit, I'd say that's the kid's problem for having no idea how to behave in public more than the breastfeeder's.
05-10-2013, 04:06 PM
(05-10-2013 04:01 PM)amyb Wrote:  I think it's perfectly ok for a fat man to go shirtless in some places, because it doesn't affect me. Just because I see him shirtless doesn't mean I have to fuck him or something, I don't even have to imagine myself having sex with him, I'm an adult and I can keep my opinions to myself. Likewise, I don't see how "she's fat" shows anything but immaturity on the part of the observer. Not all bodies have to be sexualized all the time. Why can't people just see them as bodies, rather than having to judge every one on its fuckability?

I saw the same attitude when I was an art student. People would say horrible shit about some of the nude models for having slightly imperfect bodies. They weren't there to fuck us or be judged by us; they were there so we could learn how to draw the human body.

And again, I've never seen a woman just totally disrobe in public and yell "hey everyone look at my tits." Every time I see a breastfeeding mother, she is covered up and being quite modest, in my experience.

If you had a 13 year old son who rubbed his dick every time he saw a tit, I'd say that's the kid's problem for having no idea how to behave in public more than the breastfeeder's.

Well congrats. You are okay with fat ugly men. They should still take it upon themselves as a common courtesy and cover up. Like I said, I'm not advocating a law, just a rule of thumb. Nude models are exposing themselves in a private place for an audience of people specifically there to see a nude model. How would you feel if the next time you were at the doctor's office some grown man quietly walked to the trash can in the corner of the waiting room and took a piss? You might choose to not look but what about your 10 year old daughter seeing a grown man's penis? I mean, afterall, it's only natural.

-Mark Twain
05-10-2013, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 04:33 PM by amyb.)
(05-10-2013 04:06 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Well congrats. You are okay with fat ugly men. They should still take it upon themselves as a common courtesy and cover up. Like I said, I'm not advocating a law, just a rule of thumb. Nude models are exposing themselves in a private place for an audience of people specifically there to see a nude model. How would you feel if the next time you were at the doctor's office some grown man quietly walked to the trash can in the corner of the waiting room and took a piss? You might choose to not look but what about your 10 year old daughter seeing a grown man's penis? I mean, afterall, it's only natural.

I think it's one area where nudists have it right: desensitization to nudity. The idea that you DON'T have to sexualize every body and every body part you see. I think the problem with many places (USA) is that people think body parts and nudity are so shocking that it causes these extreme responses.

Also, a man pissing in a waiting room is not the same as a mother breastfeeding. Trash cans are not for piss, and there are laws against exposing yourself in this way.

But also, I don't think there is a problem with a young girl knowing what a penis is. The problem is that some fucking psychopath is whipping it out in the doctor's office. When I was a kid, my parents bought me books that explained human anatomy. I knew what a penis was and how it worked. So I'd worry more about the man pulling his dick out's motives than I would with the idea that a young girl knows that men have penises. If it were my daughter, I'd call the fucking police and tell the daughter than the man is a creep. But I don't think I'd have to explain that men have penises to her. Nor do I think it would be too shocking to any child to learn that women have breasts and they sometimes feed babies with them, but that's an acceptable thing to do with a breast. Pissing in the waiting room is not acceptable.

which brings me to: by and large, it's ADULTS who have problems with breastfeeding, not kids. If you just tell a kid "that lady is feeding her baby," they will tend to accept that (until they've reached the age where they internalize their parents' idea that bodies are horrible and disgusting). It's usually adults that have a fit about it.

Also, you seem to think I said "natural" = "good," and I did not. I said there isn't a logical reason to be offended at the sight of a tit, even a fat woman's tit.
05-10-2013, 05:21 PM
(05-10-2013 04:22 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 04:06 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Well congrats. You are okay with fat ugly men. They should still take it upon themselves as a common courtesy and cover up. Like I said, I'm not advocating a law, just a rule of thumb. Nude models are exposing themselves in a private place for an audience of people specifically there to see a nude model. How would you feel if the next time you were at the doctor's office some grown man quietly walked to the trash can in the corner of the waiting room and took a piss? You might choose to not look but what about your 10 year old daughter seeing a grown man's penis? I mean, afterall, it's only natural.

I think it's one area where nudists have it right: desensitization to nudity. The idea that you DON'T have to sexualize every body and every body part you see. I think the problem with many places (USA) is that people think body parts and nudity are so shocking that it causes these extreme responses.

Also, a man pissing in a waiting room is not the same as a mother breastfeeding. Trash cans are not for piss, and there are laws against exposing yourself in this way.

But also, I don't think there is a problem with a young girl knowing what a penis is. The problem is that some fucking psychopath is whipping it out in the doctor's office. When I was a kid, my parents bought me books that explained human anatomy. I knew what a penis was and how it worked. So I'd worry more about the man pulling his dick out's motives than I would with the idea that a young girl knows that men have penises. If it were my daughter, I'd call the fucking police and tell the daughter than the man is a creep. But I don't think I'd have to explain that men have penises to her. Nor do I think it would be too shocking to any child to learn that women have breasts and they sometimes feed babies with them, but that's an acceptable thing to do with a breast. Pissing in the waiting room is not acceptable.

which brings me to: by and large, it's ADULTS who have problems with breastfeeding, not kids. If you just tell a kid "that lady is feeding her baby," they will tend to accept that (until they've reached the age where they internalize their parents' idea that bodies are horrible and disgusting). It's usually adults that have a fit about it.

Also, you seem to think I said "natural" = "good," and I did not. I said there isn't a logical reason to be offended at the sight of a tit, even a fat woman's tit.

So tits get exempt, and penises don't? Sounds sexist Tongue There's just as much "natural" in going off to a designated area to urinate in a man-made toilet as there is peeing in a waste basket. I mean both urination & breast feeding have an equal lesson value in biology, but you could toss in a history lesson from the trashcan-pee if the guy's nice enough to rinse out & clean it after Tongue
"See daughter, before toilets people used 'chamber pots' to discard their body waste. There were even ones you placed under the butts of people who couldn't get out of bed so they could poo, & pee in their sleep" "eeyoooo" "yeah Shy "

Tongue I kid I kid Tongue

05-10-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 05:30 PM by I Am.)
This is really interesting to me. A large fraction of the objections to public breast feeding aren't about breasts, babies, child-rearing, or decency. They're about the attractiveness of the adult woman. From both women and men, we've heard fears about fat women, ugly women, etc. offending eyes with their unattractive bodies. Even many of those in favor say they are because they like exposed tits.

Get over yourselves, you judgmental, shallow, body-obsessed, sexist nitwits.

This is not an aesthetic question. It's a question of the right of a mother to care for her child, when and where that child needs care. Unless you happen to be the mother or the child, it's none of your damn business. If you can't help but look, then LOOK. Stare. Drool. Hoot and holler and cat-call until you realize what an ass you're being, and then (at the risk of repeating myself) get over it. It won't take long.

[Image: mass-public-breast-feeding-rome-salvamamme.jpeg][Image: the-mask-eye-pop-out-o.gif]

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post