Public Homophobia Alive & Well Downunder?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Exclamation Public Homophobia Alive & Well Downunder?
From one of Australia's newspapers today.....

Margaret Court vows to stop flying Qantas over marriage equality stance.

Court was raised Roman Catholic but became involved with Pentecostalism in the mid-1970s. In 1983, she gained a theological qualification from the Rhema Bible Training Centre, and in 1991 was ordained as an independent Pentecostal minister. She subsequently founded a ministry known as Margaret Court Ministries...

She has generally embraced teachings associated with the Word of Faith movement. Since 2010, she's been the president of Victory Life International, a network of like-minded churches based in Perth, Western Australia...

In her role as minister, Court has become a consistent critic of homosexuality in general and same-sex marriage in particular in Australia. She says that "homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord! Abortion is an abomination to the Lord!" Today, The West Australian newspaper printed an open letter from Court in which she said she would no longer fly Qantas because of the airline's chief executive's support for same-sex marriage...

Although stating that she does not hate homosexuals and welcomes them into her congregation, she has publicly expressed her opinion that same-sex sexual activity is a sinful choice and that the LGBT community is "aggressively demanding marriage rights that are not theirs to take".

Unbelievably, in 2007, she was made an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO), for her services to tennis, as a mentor and to the community. The AO is the third highest order of chivalry [sic ]—established in 1975 by Elizabeth II, "Queen of Australia", to recognise Australian citizens and other persons for achievement or meritorious service.

—I wonder if dear old Queenie will take back Court's AO now she's proved to be a bigot and high-functioning homophobic?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
25-05-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Public Homophobia Alive & Well Downunder?
I don't know why, but I really enjoy being an abomination to people like that. It makes me feel like a badass- even though I most certainly am not a badass! Laugh out load

I mean, really, though, these kinds of people need to just get their heads out of their asses.
[+] 10 users Like Emma's post
25-05-2017, 02:14 PM
(25-05-2017 12:59 PM)Emma Wrote:  I don't know why, but I really enjoy being an abomination to people like that. It makes me feel like a badass- even though I most certainly am not a badass! Laugh out load

I mean, really, though, these kinds of people need to just get their heads out of their asses.

I can at the least assure you Emma that people like this stupid, stupid old woman have gained virtually no traction in the Aussie electorate with their distorted viewpoints on human sexuality. So half a century ago she could hit a fucking tennis ball with a racquet? Big deal. How does that "qualify" anybody—who happens to gain a public platform by pure genetic chance—to pontificate on the rights and wrongs of a 21st-centiry society? It doesn't of course.

The (unfortunately) silent majority downunder are repulsed by multi-millionaire Margaret Court and her bigotry, hypocrisy, condescension, and obvious idiocy.

[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
25-05-2017, 02:21 PM
(25-05-2017 12:28 PM)SYZ Wrote:  She says that "homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord! Abortion is an abomination to the Lord!"

Yeabut homosexuals don't have abortions.
25-05-2017, 02:40 PM
(25-05-2017 02:21 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 12:28 PM)SYZ Wrote:  She says that "homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord! Abortion is an abomination to the Lord!"

Yeabut homosexuals don't have abortions.

Well not with that attitude!

J/K, but it's possible for a lesbian to require an abortion in the event of rape, and bisexual people in the event of unprotected straight sex.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
25-05-2017, 02:46 PM
(25-05-2017 02:40 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 02:21 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Yeabut homosexuals don't have abortions.

Well not with that attitude!

J/K, but it's possible for a lesbian to require an abortion in the event of rape, and bisexual people in the event of unprotected straight sex.

Don't complicate my words of wisdom.
25-05-2017, 06:33 PM
I hope that the CEO of Qantas said good riddance to bad rubbish or something along those lines.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
25-05-2017, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I assume Australia is a lot like us, those who are loudest tend not to do well at all in elections.
The silent majority has far more common sense than these vocal minority tards.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-05-2017, 09:33 PM
It's got even worse today.

Court has now accused the LGBT community of bullying her. Unbelievable, considering she's been bullying them for years now.

She says "It is because it's in the Bible". (Whatever that means?) "And my values even as a little girl and being brought up was that marriage was between a man and a woman, because the Bible says it and it's in the beginning and God created man".

And for those wishing to avoid constipation, here's an image of one of our country's most vocal bigots...

[Image: 2aaed50db5043de6d3ebd9bba664c1d0]

Court also believes she could have been even better if she had found God during her career. "I only wish I'd known what I know now when I was playing tennis—I would have won six Wimbledons, not three".

—Stone the flamin' crows!

[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-05-2017, 03:31 AM
I don't understand the argument that it's wrong because God created a man and a women.
He also made them naked and yet we all wear clothes. He also created them in the garden of eggman but we live all over the earth. He also made them white middle class Americans, and yet we're all different colours and cultures. Obviously, it didn't happen to begin with, but even if it did it's hardly an argument against homosexuality.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post