Public Opinion on Canadian Monarchy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Public Opinion on Canadian Monarchy
Suck on it!

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: Public Opinion on Canadian Monarchy
(02-08-2014 10:17 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Suck on it!

Funny that data is not shown out in voting patterns. It is almost as if a selective bias was put into the formation of the questions and the selection in the poling. Got any data from a neutral polling center like Pew?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-08-2014, 11:00 PM
(02-08-2014 10:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Funny that data is not shown out in voting patterns. It is almost as if a selective bias was put into the formation of the questions and the selection in the poling. Got any data from a neutral polling center like Pew?

None of the polling was done by Citizens for a Canadian Republic, they merely compiled the data together. I you scroll down you can see that it is all done by neutral parties.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
02-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Well, I didn't expect to see much pro-monarchy still around when I opened the link.

I guess people still like their authority figures / celebs.

03-08-2014, 12:28 AM
This just strengthens cjlr, Rev's, myself and others point you idiot.
03-08-2014, 12:39 AM
(03-08-2014 12:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This just strengthens cjlr, Rev's, myself and others point you idiot.

Which was?

Unsure

03-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Data without error bars (and sample size, and confidence range, and methodology) is worthless. Utterly worthless.

So there's that.

Nor does it change the fact that Res Publica here doesn't understand monarchy. Witness his earlier thread. Where he attempted to argue that his feels were more important than the Constitution in determining legal status.

... this is my signature!
03-08-2014, 01:21 AM
(03-08-2014 12:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 12:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This just strengthens cjlr, Rev's, myself and others point you idiot.

Which was?

Unsure

That monarchies are subject to popular opinion, that public opinion is what keeps them in place and when they lose that public opinion they lose their legitimacy.

The data he shows is data of Canadian's opinions about Canada becoming a republic or remaining with the Queen as head of state. (By the way, it doesn't show public opinion on monarchies as a whole, just what people in Canada think Canada should do. Even if Canada become a republic the Queen will still have her job.). This public opinion will than be reflected in Canadian politics if it ever becomes an issue (note: Not everything is seen as a pressing issue. This will be one of them.) and if public opinion becomes in favor of becoming a republic than a political party will be elected on that issue and Canada will become a republic.

The monarchy's position is legitimized by the people and this data just further shows that.
03-08-2014, 03:58 AM

How can we, when it's in your mouth ? Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.