Public Radio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Public Radio
Recently as many of you know I have started working again. The job I managed to find is painting apartments. I spend 8 or more hours a day in an empty place with a paint brush so I need something to keep me from going insane. I thought I would go get the radio and to my surprise when I plugged it in every station was in some way affiliated with god. Most of the stations had been bought out by christian radio stations (like the classical music station which now plays prayer songs).

When I was listening to an oldies station and they had a moment of silence I began to get particularly perturbed waiting about 5 minutes for the radio to be a radio again. And, when it came back the announcer discussing why they had a moment of silence said, "This radio station is filled with strong moral Catholics, and if you don't like this fact you can change the station and never come back, because we don't need you". At that point i gave up on the radio.....

A good point to all this, it convinced me to go ahead and listen to the podcasts from this site which I turned into MP3s and brought to work (though my headphones busted).

I know I live in the bible belt (Missouri), but do you guys have this issue with the basic radio? AM and FM but not the satellite stations. You know the free stations. It seems every day that I want out more and more.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2011, 10:53 PM
RE: Public Radio
No but this theater near where I live had a sign that said this:

March is "I am a Christian month!"

and that same sign now says:

Pray for life - help stop abortion.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
13-04-2011, 11:46 PM
RE: Public Radio
We had a alternate rock station change into a religious rock station around here. I dont think it lasted long in that format. I think it has changed to something else.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.