Public reactions from theists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: Public reactions from theists?
(14-11-2015 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 10:37 AM)izel Wrote:  Where I'm from, people think of Atheists as satans worshipers. They think you are going to sacrifice them and then burst into flames.

We don't often burst into flames. Drinking Beverage

I know! They the one bursting into flames with those suicide bombs hahaha. Not funny though

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
14-11-2015, 06:39 PM
(14-11-2015 05:41 PM)izel Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  We don't often burst into flames. Drinking Beverage

I know! They the one bursting into flames with those suicide bombs hahaha. Not funny though

It's kinda funny. In a dark, twisted, warped kinda way.
So I guess it was actually very funny!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
14-11-2015, 06:45 PM
(14-11-2015 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 10:37 AM)izel Wrote:  Where I'm from, people think of Atheists as satans worshipers. They think you are going to sacrifice them and then burst into flames.

We don't often burst into flames. Drinking Beverage

What, we don't spontaneously combust? Consider

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-11-2015, 07:02 PM
People either expect me to sprout horns and start baptizing babies in blood, or they ask the stupidest questions I've ever heard and smirk like they won something.
[+] 2 users Like mecanna's post
14-11-2015, 07:10 PM
(14-11-2015 06:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  We don't often burst into flames. Drinking Beverage

What, we don't spontaneously combust? Consider

Nah, more of a slow, smoldering burn. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-11-2015, 08:43 PM
bah, as long as they don't discover my barbecued-baby recipes I don't care much about them seeing my spontaneous combustions.

But so far my experience has been totally positive with claiming in public. Helped me get rid of a few (read most) annoying friends, and find some whom I actually like, helped me get out of a job without having to look for a reason to quit, oh and best of all, no more knocks on my door on Saturday mornings, YAY!!! Big Grin

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 2 users Like Aoi Magi's post
14-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Here in very conservative central Florida the reaction is one of shock. Especially if they have just asked you what church you belong to.

Shocking

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 2 users Like OhDannyBoy's post
14-11-2015, 08:51 PM
(14-11-2015 08:43 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  bah, as long as they don't discover my barbecued-baby recipes I don't care much about them seeing my spontaneous combustions.

But so far my experience has been totally positive with claiming in public. Helped me get rid of a few (read most) annoying friends, and find some whom I actually like, helped me get out of a job without having to look for a reason to quit, oh and best of all, no more knocks on my door on Saturday mornings, YAY!!! Big Grin

Got rid of that problem when I moved into a gated community. Hot Damn!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
14-11-2015, 11:08 PM
I don't usually tell people.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-11-2015, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 09:27 PM by smeli.)
Interesting comments. Thanks everyone.

A friend once asked me when I last went to church. This was probably about 2 years ago and at that time I thought I was agnostic but was atheist and just didn't let myself realize it. He's the type who prays a lot and mentions jesus and all of that silly stuff. Anyway, I thought it was odd he would ask about my church attendance. I don't hear about atheists going around asking people why they pray to a non-existent god.

I don't mention to people that I'm an atheist as I normally don't hear people talking about religion, and nobody has asked me what mine is. I'll be happy to tell em if they do (aside from the parents... lol) as I'm perfectly comfortable with it, even if others aren't.

For once I wish the Mormons would come by so I could confess my atheism.

(14-11-2015 03:24 AM)Freethought Wrote:  I agree - also, if we were to reverse the scenario and have someone tell a group of atheists they're theist, I think we'd be much more tolerant and respectful to the person than if it were the other way around.
Yeah, I agree but I don't get it. Don't most religious leaders tell people to be tolerant of others and to love their neighbors? I don't think that's working very well.
[+] 1 user Likes smeli's post