Publication number 3 (2nd first author pub)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Publication number 3 (2nd first author pub)
It isn't in print yet, but a pdf of the accepted manuscript can be downloaded by clicking on the article title below:
Stratigraphy and paleoenvironmental analysis of the Frasnian-Famennian (upper Devonian) boundary interval in Tioga, north-central Pennsylvania

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-12-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Publication number 3 (2nd first author pub)
Congrats!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
05-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Yes indeed, congrats are in order.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
05-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Congratulations Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-12-2016, 03:55 PM
(05-12-2016 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It isn't in print yet, but a pdf of the accepted manuscript can be downloaded by clicking on the article title below:
Stratigraphy and paleoenvironmental analysis of the Frasnian-Famennian (upper Devonian) boundary interval in Tioga, north-central Pennsylvania

So that's like Nature for weird dorky paleophiliacs according to Google Metrics. Just how many pubs in top-notch journals do you need in your field for your PhD?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-12-2016, 03:56 PM
(05-12-2016 03:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It isn't in print yet, but a pdf of the accepted manuscript can be downloaded by clicking on the article title below:

So that's like Nature for weird dorky paleophiliacs according to Google Metrics. Just how many pubs in top-notch journals do you need in your field for your PhD?

More than I have. Enough to get me hired. If that isn't clear to you, join the club.

-Rick
05-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Many congrats! Publishing is hard.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-12-2016, 04:20 PM
(05-12-2016 03:56 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 03:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So that's like Nature for weird dorky paleophiliacs according to Google Metrics. Just how many pubs in top-notch journals do you need in your field for your PhD?

More than I have. Enough to get me hired. If that isn't clear to you, join the club.

Here's a strategy I've seen work. Get a Government job (probably USGS or Smithsonian for you, maybe DOE too) and once the school realizes that you are reviewing grant proposals and contracts they'll hand deliver your sheepskin ... by a girl jumping out of a cake.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-12-2016, 03:10 PM
neat, hope everything works out. I will read it if there isn't a paywall Blush

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
12-12-2016, 02:45 PM
A direct link to somewhere you can download the publication if you want:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication...nnsylvania

-Rick