Poll: Is it racist to NOT hire someone specifically because of their race and to only hire people of the same race?
Yes
No
No opinion
[Show Results]

Pulling the "race card" card (now with a poll)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 09:54 AM
RE: Pulling the "race card" card (now with a poll)
But I would argue that no matter the reason behind it, a racist action will be seen by those around you as making you a racist. Your intentions don't matter if you use racism to serve a selfish purpose.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2013, 10:03 AM
(26-07-2013 09:28 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Then I hope it would be considered just as racist for an Indian sushi bar owner to hire nothing but Asians due to the white customers demand for authenticity!

Yup. Thumbsup

26-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Guys, immigration laws in the US are even made so that you can import people from a given country to staff an ethnic restaurant. You have to prove that you can't find anyone in the US who qualifies as to skill and ethnic background. At least that was the way it was a couple of decades ago, when I last looked.

The example of an ethnic restaurant is a bad one if you want to talk about racism. Places portraying an ethnicity are allowed to use that ethnicity to do so. Anything else wouldn't make sense.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-07-2013, 11:50 AM
(26-07-2013 10:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  Guys, immigration laws in the US are even made so that you can import people from a given country to staff an ethnic restaurant. You have to prove that you can't find anyone in the US who qualifies as to skill and ethnic background. At least that was the way it was a couple of decades ago, when I last looked.

The example of an ethnic restaurant is a bad one if you want to talk about racism. Places portraying an ethnicity are allowed to use that ethnicity to do so. Anything else wouldn't make sense.

It may be along the lines of being for "entertainment." Places like Hooters and strip clubs discriminate based on appearance and sex under that allowance in the law.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
27-07-2013, 09:37 AM
I've been discriminated against, not so much as I am white but rather because of where my family is from. [Germany/Switzerland] As well of my gender and sexuality. People of any race, color, sexuality, sex or age can be discriminated against. Instead of bitching about what race is being the biggest douche focus on being polite. Teach your kids to be polite, correct your friend's if they're discriminating someone.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
27-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Well this got tl;dr fast.

I was wrong about being wrong in my last post.

I stand by my original point that action and reason are different things and reason is what makes an action (which is otherwise not inherently/inherently racist) racist or not.

So all you'll are wrong and I'm right.
So..
[Image: the-world_s-top-10-best-images-of-cats-p....jpg?w=584]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-07-2013, 01:51 AM
(27-07-2013 09:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well this got tl;dr fast.

I was wrong about being wrong in my last post.

I stand by my original point that action and reason are different things and reason is what makes an action (which is otherwise not inherently/inherently racist) racist or not.

So all you'll are wrong and I'm right.
So..
[Image: the-world_s-top-10-best-images-of-cats-p....jpg?w=584]

Okay, ignorance. I can deal with that. Drinking Beverage

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTptQMq6Kq6AR6AxCAzrxh...dTOxxIwG-w]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
28-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Don't mistake me being ignorant with you being stupid, because that's exactly what you're doing.

I'm right and you know it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Re: Pulling the "race card" card (now with a poll)
You can't claim to be right over and over without even reading the opposing opinions and rebuttals to your points. Unless you're a theist talking about your religion?

—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Re: Pulling the "race card" card (now with a poll)
And stupidity is "willful ignorance." Who has been the one displaying that trait in this discussion?

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post