Poll: Is it racist to NOT hire someone specifically because of their race and to only hire people of the same race?
Yes
No
No opinion
[Show Results]

Pulling the "race card" card (now with a poll)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Pulling the "race card" card (now with a poll)
I wish I could remember the exact quote. It went something like this. It was said by a Black American man who is a conservative Republican. He basically said, when the, so called, black leaders of today die off the racism we see today will die off with them. The Jessie Jacksons and Al Sharptons of today make everything about race. They don't want to be members of the human race like I do. All they want to do is make controversy and to use the race card whenever they possibly can.
A a white female American born in PA in the mid 60's I was raised by parents that taught me to take every person on an individual basis and to not judge a book by it's cover. When people say I'm racist just because I'm a middle aged white woman, to say that I get pissed is an understatement. I get furious. What I see in my neck of the woods is that the people who complain about racism are the worst racists themselves. I see people who use there race to NOT do a good job at work then when you try to fire them for standing around and doing nothing all day they shout discrimination. I've seen it with my own eyes and heard they discuss it with their own words. Then the black leaders come running to their side saying oh poor you. You were treated this way just because you are black. If I was to do these things I would loose my job in a heartbeat and no one would come running to my side. Alveda King says it all.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2013, 08:12 AM
(28-07-2013 07:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't mistake me being ignorant with you being stupid, because that's exactly what you're doing.

I'm right and you know it. Drinking Beverage

Have you been taking debate lessons from creationists? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Re: Pulling the "race card" card (now with a poll)
I've seen plenty of lazy workers in my life, and all of them white. But your views are exactly what I'm talking about in the OP. That some double standard exists that now gives privilege to minorities at the expense of whites. That's Bullshit.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-07-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm beginning to think he taught them... Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-07-2013, 08:16 AM
It's worth noting Smidgen, that your anecdotal testimony means as much as a creationists. The facts and statistics show more in poverty for minorities and even things like longer prison sentences for the same crimes.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
28-07-2013, 08:40 AM
The biggest problem in the country is that too many people are being taught to play the victim card.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
28-07-2013, 08:41 AM
You don't think your post is exactly that? That if you did what you thought they did, you'd be gone?

—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-07-2013, 08:43 AM
(28-07-2013 07:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't mistake me being ignorant with you being stupid, because that's exactly what you're doing.

I'm right and you know it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
28-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:Poll: Is it racist to NOT hire someone specifically because of their race and to only hire people of the same race?

No, it's not racist.

Accepting that it was racism, would still be a sort of irrelevancy. I personally can't see the gratification in labeling it racism, and having that label be accepted.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
28-07-2013, 05:51 PM
It's not about gratification but recognition. You can't help in resolving a problem, if people can't identify the problem.

—Thomas Henry Huxley