Poll: What would you have done with the "gay-books"
Pulp them!
Move them to the adult's section
Leave them in the children's section
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Pulp The Gay Penguins!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 05:53 AM
RE: Pulp The Gay Penguins!
(02-09-2014 01:35 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Books of the invisible man, to the Adult Only Section !

Books of gays and les, well, should also be in the adult section. Before the age of 18, let's generaly tell them that a boy often likes a girl.

And tell them that a boy sometimes likes a boy.

However, you're from a society that doesn't put a high value on truth. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 06:03 AM
(02-09-2014 01:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 01:35 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Books of the invisible man, to the Adult Only Section !

Books of gays and les, well, should also be in the adult section. Before the age of 18, let's generaly tell them that a boy often likes a girl.

How cute that you think homosexuality is a lie. Guess Big Brother does not approve of it then.

Rev. Please go to the children's section and pull out that one about Learning To Read.

Laugh out load

Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 06:06 AM

Yeah, well Dodgy

It's not just the christian and muslim die-hards that are cause of the Singaporean progressives' face-palm injuries... we have a huge and very conservative Chinese population.

Weeping

02-09-2014, 10:42 AM
One could always start by creating a new section in the library - PG = Parental guidance.

That way, parents can make their own decisions.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-09-2014, 10:55 AM
(02-09-2014 10:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  One could always start by creating a new section in the library - PG = Parental guidance.

That's effectively what they did.

One could argue that that was 'passing the buck' (to parents) and not tackling the real issue but equally, it was a decisive, pacifying measure to head off a brewing storm.

02-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Rev and Chas have more than covered my thoughts on the matter - to wit, that the matter cannot be treated as one of an exclusive "or".

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
02-09-2014, 12:18 PM
(02-09-2014 10:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 10:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  One could always start by creating a new section in the library - PG = Parental guidance.

That's effectively what they did.

One could argue that that was 'passing the buck' (to parents) and not tackling the real issue but equally, it was a decisive, pacifying measure to head off a brewing storm.

I don't think it's passing the buck to ask parents to be parents.
Although I do think some seminars or ed u cation for parents might be in order. Never assume they're smart or cultured.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
02-09-2014, 12:32 PM
(02-09-2014 12:07 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Rev and Chas have more than covered my thoughts on the matter - to wit, that the matter cannot be treated as one of an exclusive "or".

M'kay. Could you be more specific regarding "the matter"? There are a number of matters in this particular scenario.

02-09-2014, 12:34 PM
(02-09-2014 12:18 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 10:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That's effectively what they did.

I don't think it's passing the buck to ask parents to be parents.
Although I do think some seminars or ed u cation for parents might be in order. Never assume they're smart or cultured.

Yup. Agreed.

Can I take it from that you are not in favour of using the ban-hammer on the penguins?

02-09-2014, 12:47 PM
(02-09-2014 12:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 12:18 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I don't think it's passing the buck to ask parents to be parents.

Yup. Agreed.

Can I take it from that you are not in favour of using the ban-hammer on the penguins?

How could anyone want to ban hammer penguins?
WTAF is the world coming to????

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post