Poll: how long until they pump all tunnels dry?
days
weeks
months
years
some unusable
[Show Results]

Pumping the tunnels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Pumping the tunnels
How long will it take to pump the tunnels out?

How long will it take until the tunnels are usable?

Is it possible to restore the tunnels?

How about you science people - how long?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: Pumping the tunnels
Heh... pumping the tunnels...

Stop talking dirty, you are turning me on.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
01-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Probably weeks. Problem is there would have been unseen "weakening". There will no doubt be a huge "incident" at some point in the future, secondary to unseen damage. No

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Days.

The pumps are ALWAYS on during normal operation. It's always pumping out Olympic swimming pools of water every day. The infrastructure is already there for pumping, let alone State and Federal aid coming in for this specific event. This is a first world city in a first world country. It's going to be cleared out easily.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
01-11-2012, 10:00 PM
(01-11-2012 09:21 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Days.

The pumps are ALWAYS on during normal operation. It's always pumping out Olympic swimming pools of water every day. The infrastructure is already there for pumping, let alone State and Federal aid coming in for this specific event. This is a first world city in a first world country. It's going to be cleared out easily.

I'm going with PoolBoy. Sounds like he knows a thing or two about pools of water. Wink

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Re: Pumping the tunnels
The problem is they have to go slower to pump it out evenly.. It else there could be structure damage.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Here's hoping they get it under control before the harsher Winter temperatures kick in. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
02-11-2012, 09:30 AM
(01-11-2012 03:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Probably weeks. Problem is there would have been unseen "weakening". There will no doubt be a huge "incident" at some point in the future, secondary to unseen damage. No
Yeah, that's what it sounds like, and what I am worried about. There is an article in today's paper reporting that the subway has a pump train for the problem and it pumps 1500 gallons a minute, and I estimate that comes out to about a million gallons a day; but I doubt if the machine has such endurance for for the millions of gallons in each of the subways.

On a radio report they said they have a similar specification commercial pump service for pumping lakes, and probably levies like Hurricane Katrina. Probably be a couple of days until they get a couple of those into town and installed.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
02-11-2012, 09:40 AM
(01-11-2012 09:21 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Days.

November 11, is the first benchmark for restoring electric; haven't heard anything about opening the tunnels - hopefully, Emergency management is doing the old unexpected relief social-psychology.

The hardest hit residents are beginning to whine about rescue, and the Marathon, that is needed for money and the materials it can leave behind like portapotties and generators - the problem is the city needs thousands of generartors.

02-11-2012, 10:11 AM
(01-11-2012 02:38 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Heh... pumping the tunnels...

Stop talking dirty, you are turning me on.
We should start a "pumping IN the tunnels" thread.
It can be about "sex you'd had in public places" .. or under "dangerous circumstances", or "when someone easily could have walked in" ??

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post