Pure Insanity! Simply hard to believe this is happening.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: Pure Insanity! Simply hard to believe this is happening.
(29-03-2012 06:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 06:42 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  In what universe should a person like this ever be released back into society?
(at the very least she should be sterilized)

Church psychosis!!! We need more of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR_anti-r...%931964%29
To be honest I disagree. The more you fight it the more ammunition you give churches to claim they're being persecuted. Then you just end up giving them sympathy from people who normally wouldn't get involved.

I think we need a big campaign to teach children simple truths about the world early on and to encourage free-thought. That way slowly but surely we can work towards a more enlightened society that values people who ask questions as opposed to people who blindly follow whoever they're told to.

Call me cheesy but I see the change to a more secular world as humanity stepping through a door from darkness to light. I'd rather we waited a little longer and stepped through the door willingly than a couple of us dragging the rest through kicking and screaming the whole way.
I'd never call you cheesy No Big Grin

You're probably right although the other way might be more fun Yes

I'm angry today - it's good you called me on it Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 07:02 PM
(29-03-2012 07:00 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I'd never call you cheesy No Big Grin

You wanna be angry and I wanna be difficult. I think we compliment each other quite well Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
29-03-2012, 07:06 PM
(29-03-2012 07:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 07:00 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I'd never call you cheesy No Big Grin

You wanna be angry and I wanna be difficult. I think we compliment each other quite well Big Grin.
Indeedy doody, Hughsie Doosy (just call me Aurora Flanders!)

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
30-03-2012, 01:18 AM

No, wait a minute. If atheism is true, we are just biological organism motivated by external and internal stimuli. Our consciousness is merely an epiphenomenon of our brains biochemical activity. If atheism is true, there's no real right or wrong. There's just chaotic causes and their effects.

See, as an atheist, you get to delude yourself that you don't sin. Because if there's no God, there's no sin. But then the same holds true for Andrea Yates.

Now, as a psychiatric nurse, I'm all for her being allowed to go to church. She's mentally ill. She was deemed to not be responsible for her actions. She's not a danger to other people (now that her kids are dead) so, there's no reason to not let her go to church. And, yeah, she will have to be released at some point if she continues to show that she is capable of living outside the hospital.

I'm curious, how do you feel about late term abortions? Is it a woman's right to choose or should she be forced to carry that baby and give birth to it against her will?
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 04:31 AM
(29-03-2012 06:38 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 05:26 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Lets put Pope Benedict in charge of world contraception and Dracula in charge of the blood Bank. No
In all fairness, it's better than putting the Pope in charge of prosecuting child abusers.
He already is in charge of prosecuting child abusers, he personally gives them a spanking, in the privacy of his dimly candle lit papal bedroom.
30-03-2012, 05:16 AM
(30-03-2012 01:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  No, wait a minute. If atheism is true, we are just biological organism motivated by external and internal stimuli. Our consciousness is merely an epiphenomenon of our brains biochemical activity. If atheism is true, there's no real right or wrong. There's just chaotic causes and their effects.

See, as an atheist, you get to delude yourself that you don't sin. Because if there's no God, there's no sin. But then the same holds true for Andrea Yates.

Now, as a psychiatric nurse, I'm all for her being allowed to go to church. She's mentally ill. She was deemed to not be responsible for her actions. She's not a danger to other people (now that her kids are dead) so, there's no reason to not let her go to church. And, yeah, she will have to be released at some point if she continues to show that she is capable of living outside the hospital.

I'm curious, how do you feel about late term abortions? Is it a woman's right to choose or should she be forced to carry that baby and give birth to it against her will?
I don't think there is an objective right and wrong. I do have my own set of morals though and killing children definitely goes against them.

Depends how late you mean when you say late term abortion. I believe that at around 20-24 weeks the foetus develops sentience. I've never really looked into the various arguments on abortion but that seems like a good time to draw the line.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
30-03-2012, 07:56 AM
America is a soap-opera.
I am picturing this 'handsome' doctor that let's the woman off, but he looks off al evil leaving us to guess at his sinister motives. Does he just want the woman? Does he hate children? Does he want chaos?
Find out on the next episode of, the 9'o clock news!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
30-03-2012, 08:03 AM

(30-03-2012 01:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  No, wait a minute. If atheism is true, we are just biological organism motivated by external and internal stimuli. Our consciousness is merely an epiphenomenon of our brains biochemical activity. If atheism is true, there's no real right or wrong. There's just chaotic causes and their effects.
That was a Public Service announcment by Egor for "Those who dont understand the first thing about Atheism".
Now back to the topic at hand...which was GOD told this gal to drown her kids. So it take god to do REAL dastardly deeds.
I've yet to see 'Atheist woman drowns her kids because there was NO hell and NO god'. Nope not one story, but god..by his own admission would have fucking hi-fived this christian lady as she 'dashed the little ones and dashes them against the rocks'.

But i am sure the Egor translation reads much differently.
Probably something like "Blessed is he who taketh the kid to baskin and robbins ice cream and getteth them a jamoca almond fudge with wipped cream". Not because he got a new translation from the original language and he's an expert in that language....nope it would be retranslated because of all the voices in his head and he did not like the way the original read.
Egor, please hijack your own thread. Leave mine alone. What... are you stalking me again?
D
30-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Quite correct.

However, this doesn't mean that we have to be dicks.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
30-03-2012, 11:52 AM

(30-03-2012 05:16 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't think there is an objective right and wrong. I do have my own set of morals though and killing children definitely goes against them.

Depends how late you mean when you say late term abortion. I believe that at around 20-24 weeks the foetus develops sentience. I've never really looked into the various arguments on abortion but that seems like a good time to draw the line.

Yeah, but that’s just your arbitrary opinion. Just the supposed morals of one person. They mean nothing unless you have a lot of nuclear weapons to back them up.

That is, if atheism is true.

(30-03-2012 08:03 AM)Denicio Wrote:  That was a Public Service announcment by Egor for "Those who dont understand the first thing about Atheism".
Now back to the topic at hand...which was GOD told this gal to drown her kids. So it take god to do REAL dastardly deeds.

I’m guessing you don’t work with the mentally ill. Hyper-religiosity which is a very common symptom in psychosis looks nothing like faith or any kind or rational religion. It’s not ever religious. It’s just part of their paranoia. So, God didn’t tell her to do anything. But because you don’t know what you’re talking about, you spout off your opinions.

Quote:I've yet to see 'Atheist woman drowns her kids because there was NO hell and NO god'. Nope not one story, but god..by his own admission would have fucking hi-fived this christian lady as she 'dashed the little ones and dashes them against the rocks'.

So, you believe in God then? I mean you don’t get to have it both ways: You can’t condemn a God you say doesn’t exist.

Quote:Probably something like "Blessed is he who taketh the kid to baskin and robbins ice cream and getteth them a jamoca almond fudge with wipped cream". Not because he got a new translation from the original language and he's an expert in that language....nope it would be retranslated because of all the voices in his head and he did not like the way the original read.
Egor, please hijack your own thread. Leave mine alone. What... are you stalking me again?
D

If you don’t believe in God, why do you care if I’ve synthesized the Gospels? And as for hijacking your thread…as for stalking you…you're the one responding to my reply.
Bechased