Pure Insanity! Simply hard to believe this is happening.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Pure Insanity! Simply hard to believe this is happening.
(30-03-2012 01:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm curious, how do you feel about late term abortions?

Like shooting you in the head? Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 11:59 AM
(30-03-2012 11:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, but that’s just your arbitrary opinion. Just the supposed morals of one person. They mean nothing unless you have a lot of nuclear weapons to back them up.

That is, if atheism is true.
Deja Vu, had a very similar convo on WCF.

You are mostly right. My opinions are nothing special on their own and are totally meaningless in a way. I have no nukes to force them on others so what's the point? The point is my morals mean something to anyone who agrees with them. I think that is how society should work. The most widely held morals are adopted as the society's moral code (with the odd safeguard) and are enforced as law. That way a society's rules reflect it's members and they progress as the people themselves do.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2012, 12:03 PM
(30-03-2012 11:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  That is, if atheism is true.

It is not possible for atheism to not be true. "Lack of belief" is a matter of degree, and Veridicanism confirms this. Wink

You're stuck on the moral connotations, but you fail to understand that a simulation of god is not god, and that those without an explicit simulation use an implicit one. Wink

30-03-2012, 12:53 PM
(30-03-2012 11:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 05:16 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't think there is an objective right and wrong. I do have my own set of morals though and killing children definitely goes against them.

Depends how late you mean when you say late term abortion. I believe that at around 20-24 weeks the foetus develops sentience. I've never really looked into the various arguments on abortion but that seems like a good time to draw the line.
Yeah, but that’s just your arbitrary opinion. Just the supposed morals of one person. They mean nothing unless you have a lot of nuclear weapons to back them up.

That is, if atheism is true.
Morality is a plague on the earth. Just an excuse for people to control and oppress others.
Christian morality is the cause of witches and heritics being burned at the stake, it is the cause for oppression and persecution of homosexuals.
Many people have been killed in religious wars fueled by the desire to enforce a religious morality onto others.
We don't need it to live peacefully together, it doesn't allow us to live peacefully together. It is a tool of war, not love.
30-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Egor, the argument that without the Bible/god there are no morals is a bullshit argument and you know it. On the off-chance you don't know it try to educate yourself a bit. Human societies have developed laws and limits of acceptable behavior for many thousand years without your God and his supposed written word. Your point is a red herring and is totally without merit. Given your moral structure (the bible and the ten commandments) treating women like second class citizens is ok, genocide of non-believers is ok, slavery is ok and abusing children is ok but don't take his holy asshole's name in vain. If I insult a bald man, god will send bears after me. JFC on a stick.

This loon drowned her own children as a result of two things: (1) mental imbalance and (2) some degree of brain washing by a church and its beliefs. She did get one thing right, they didn't go to hell. Too bad they didn't got anywhere else. 5 lives' potentials destroyed by an irrational fear of a mythical place. The horror in this story is the church and its beliefs oh and its apologists.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
30-03-2012, 01:35 PM

(30-03-2012 11:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 05:16 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I’m guessing you don’t work with the mentally ill.
No i don't work with them but i have tried consulting with one on the TTA forum, his name is EGOR and apart from being a total and complete puckered up sphincter of a human being he's invented his own version of a very old religion. He's known to hijack threads via proselytizing. He suffers from a form of self importance combined with the fact he cant reconcile the bible that the WORLD has used for centuries, so he's created his own brand of nonsense so he feels better about the fact he's got a low case of self esteem. Not to mention his time in Taekwondo ("Take One's Dough" as its known in the REAL martial arts, real fighters use real martial) He's clearly wired wrong from the beginning because In posts where folks bear their soul, he pulls out his pecker and waves it around calling names and insulting folks. He hijacks threads that are not his own and lately he's caught up in Symbology as it relates to his delusion and changed it because MORE people have called him Nucking Futz. I have even stopped my fluent sarcasm and natural urge to mock and speak to him like a peer and give him advise...to which he yammers on, pulls his dick out and blathers about his star trek religion and he love of smacking men down.
A loudmouth obnoxious WWE smackdown asshole....wait....oh..oh dear, its clear to me now! Ladies and gentlemen we are in the presence of Wrestling Royalty! Let me introduce the person behind the bogus name of Egor, yet another April Fools joke has been sprung upon us!

From now on please call this person by its real name..... Cyndi Lauper!!

(Many of us in the 1980's remember Cyndi's stint in the wrestling ring with her pal Capitan Lu!)
Cyndi, please stay off my threads with your brand of insanity and speaking in circles and pure nonsense, you were not invited. YES i have worked with the mentally ill...i have tried having a discussion with YOU and thats about pushed me into the nut house. I dont take you seriously, you are a pimple on the ass of humanity. Your clearly as crazy as those you work with and simply put...you are a joke.
Now off to get your meds and shock treatment...cuz you know, girls just wanna have fun!

D
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 01:46 PM

(30-03-2012 11:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Like shooting you in the head? Big Grin

I always feel comforted at night knowing that a person who I really think is disturbed has this to say about me. I’m not as worried as Gweneth Paltro probably is, but…worried…

(30-03-2012 11:59 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Deja Vu, had a very similar convo on WCF.

You are mostly right. My opinions are nothing special on their own and are totally meaningless in a way. I have no nukes to force them on others so what's the point? The point is my morals mean something to anyone who agrees with them. I think that is how society should work. The most widely held morals are adopted as the society's moral code (with the odd safeguard) and are enforced as law. That way a society's rules reflect it's members and they progress as the people themselves do.

I agree; that’s the way it works. The only problem is when society is obviously wrong. How is it that we judge them as wrong? And I’m not talking about the Bible, or using the Bible or the VGJC to make laws. I’m talking about the value of our moral sense to begin with. Doesn’t it have to be based on an intuition of perfection?

(30-03-2012 12:53 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Morality is a plague on the earth. Just an excuse for people to control and oppress others.
Christian morality is the cause of witches and heritics being burned at the stake, it is the cause for oppression and persecution of homosexuals.

So, is it immoral to burn heretics and witches? Is it immoral to persecute homosexuals? Are you saying it’s wrong to do those things? Tell me it ain’t so! Weeping

Quote:Many people have been killed in religious wars fueled by the desire to enforce a religious morality onto others.
We don't need it to live peacefully together, it doesn't allow us to live peacefully together. It is a tool of war, not love.

So, as Jesus taught us, love is the foundation of morality. But love is contrary to the laws of evolution. In fact, love sabotages evolution.

(30-03-2012 01:07 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Egor, the argument that without the Bible/god there are no morals is a bullshit argument and you know it.

You’re right. I do know it. Thumbsup

Quote:On the off-chance you don't know it try to educate yourself a bit. Human societies have developed laws and limits of acceptable behavior for many thousand years without your God and his supposed written word. Your point is a red herring and is totally without merit. Given your moral structure (the bible and the ten commandments) treating women like second class citizens is ok, genocide of non-believers is ok, slavery is ok and abusing children is ok but don't take his holy asshole's name in vain. If I insult a bald man, god will send bears after me. JFC on a stick.

Isn’t your atheism great! It has finally freed you to be vulgar. We have to jerk our dogs lead to keep her from eating cat poop. Eventually, if you keep progressing in your atheism, you’ll have to be on a leash, too. But hey, at least you’ll be free to be vulgar.

Quote:This loon drowned her own children as a result of two things: (1) mental imbalance and (2) some degree of brain washing by a church and its beliefs. She did get one thing right, they didn't go to hell. Too bad they didn't got anywhere else. 5 lives' potentials destroyed by an irrational fear of a mythical place. The horror in this story is the church and its beliefs oh and its apologists.

So, you think the Church she followed encouraged her to kill her kids? Do you really think if you stamped out religion the mentally ill would suddenly recover? If there were no religion, she would have killed her kids to keep space aliens from getting them. The last day I was at work, a man got quite upset and felt I was trying to get him because I wouldn’t admit I could see the clown that had jumped on his back and was holding on.

You want to blame religion for this, but you can’t. Mental illness is mental illness, delusional paranoia is delusional paranoia. If you want to blame someone, blame the last psyc hospital that discharged her because her insurance wouldn’t pay for another day—if she even had insurance.

We need more mental hospitals, and we need more prisons. Our society is deteriorating, and atheism is one symptom of that. Just look at the way you talk about God, and you don’t even believe in God.
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 01:49 PM
(30-03-2012 01:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 12:53 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Morality is a plague on the earth. Just an excuse for people to control and oppress others.
So, is it immoral to burn heretics and witches? Is it immoral to persecute homosexuals? Are you saying it’s wrong to do those things? Tell me it ain’t so! Weeping
It is not wrong to do these things, however it is dangerous to society. In order to have a safe society we need to protect each other from the morality of others
30-03-2012, 02:31 PM
(30-03-2012 11:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Like shooting you in the head? Big Grin

I always feel comforted at night knowing that a person who I really think is disturbed has this to say about me. I’m not as worried as Gweneth Paltro probably is, but…worried…

(30-03-2012 11:59 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Deja Vu, had a very similar convo on WCF.

I agree; that’s the way it works. The only problem is when society is obviously wrong. How is it that we judge them as wrong? And I’m not talking about the Bible, or using the Bible or the VGJC to make laws. I’m talking about the value of our moral sense to begin with. Doesn’t it have to be based on an intuition of perfection?

Quote:Many people have been killed in religious wars fueled by the desire to enforce a religious morality onto others.

So, as Jesus taught us, love is the foundation of morality. But love is contrary to the laws of evolution. In fact, love sabotages evolution.

(30-03-2012 01:07 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Egor, the argument that without the Bible/god there are no morals is a bullshit argument and you know it.

You’re right. I do know it. Thumbsup

Quote:On the off-chance you don't know it try to educate yourself a bit. Human societies have developed laws and limits of acceptable behavior for many thousand years without your God and his supposed written word. Your point is a red herring and is totally without merit. Given your moral structure (the bible and the ten commandments) treating women like second class citizens is ok, genocide of non-believers is ok, slavery is ok and abusing children is ok but don't take his holy asshole's name in vain. If I insult a bald man, god will send bears after me. JFC on a stick.

Isn’t your atheism great! It has finally freed you to be vulgar. We have to jerk our dogs lead to keep her from eating cat poop. Eventually, if you keep progressing in your atheism, you’ll have to be on a leash, too. But hey, at least you’ll be free to be vulgar.

Quote:This loon drowned her own children as a result of two things: (1) mental imbalance and (2) some degree of brain washing by a church and its beliefs. She did get one thing right, they didn't go to hell. Too bad they didn't got anywhere else. 5 lives' potentials destroyed by an irrational fear of a mythical place. The horror in this story is the church and its beliefs oh and its apologists.

So, you think the Church she followed encouraged her to kill her kids? Do you really think if you stamped out religion the mentally ill would suddenly recover? If there were no religion, she would have killed her kids to keep space aliens from getting them. The last day I was at work, a man got quite upset and felt I was trying to get him because I wouldn’t admit I could see the clown that had jumped on his back and was holding on.

You want to blame religion for this, but you can’t. Mental illness is mental illness, delusional paranoia is delusional paranoia. If you want to blame someone, blame the last psyc hospital that discharged her because her insurance wouldn’t pay for another day—if she even had insurance.

We need more mental hospitals, and we need more prisons. Our society is deteriorating, and atheism is one symptom of that. Just look at the way you talk about God, and you don’t even believe in God.

You obviously fail at reading comprehension. I stated this happened due to mental imbalance and brainwashing. I never said it religion went away so would mental illness. Vulgar? where was I vulgar. your apologetics and brand of religion are vulgar. Since you have nothing to add I will not respond further. spew away. I'll let you expose your own ignorance.
30-03-2012, 03:34 PM

Don't be silly. My Gwynnies loves me. Big Grin