Pure Insanity! Simply hard to believe this is happening.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: Pure Insanity! Simply hard to believe this is happening.
(31-03-2012 12:31 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 07:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I disagree with this. I think evolution can explain love. Love leads to a man and woman forming a lifetime attachment that is never broken. Not only does it ensure continual opportunities to mate, for males it helps ensure that only you mate with a particular female.

This would mean that individuals who fell in love always had a better chance of successful reproduction.
The chemistry of love (Serotonin, Oxytocin, Vasopressin etc.) are needed for short or long-term bonding but not necessarily for a lifetime.
Evolution requires only that the guy hangs around long enough to provide security while the offspring are still vulnerable. Then his primary directive (passing on his DNA) takes over again so there is no drive to stay partnered after her breeding ability expires (clinical, or what?)

Back to the subject of the thread....
I too am shocked at this report but... how can I put this?... If all religious nutjobs were encouraged to drown their young... well... problem solved, no?
Those are potential atheists, dear Watson.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Pure Insanity! Simply hard to believe this is happening.
(31-03-2012 09:02 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 08:58 PM)Stevil Wrote:  No, I qualify my statements. Morality is about absolute right and wrong. I have no belief in absolute right and wrong.
I just want to survive. This is my selfish position. In order to increase my chances of survival I must fight against other people's belief in morality. It is survival and not morality that drives me. My statement reflects that.
That, in itself, is a moral conjecture.

And you may think that your will to survive is the only thing that drives you, but you are so very wrong.
You can call my desire to eat food or to take a shit a moral absolute or morally subjective or moral conjecture or whatever, but you are not convincing me whatsoever that morality exists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply