Pure bollocks and an opportunity for me to create a new community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Pure bollocks and an opportunity for me to create a new community
As many of you here at the TTA know, I am a private pilot and avid flyer.

This happened a little while ago, back in summer 2011.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pilots-...t-banners/

And it gets me thinking.....

I love flying. Always have. Built models of airplanes as a kid. Drew airplanes. And when I was old enough, I flew airplanes. Flying always had a romance to it. An unending source of joy that never seemed to get old.

But as much as I dearly love flying, the people who are taking over general aviation have got to go.

That hobby has become flooded by right wing fundamentalists, both in the ranks of pilots and FBO owners. These people are extraordinarily prejudice toward secular flyers and I have a feeling there are a lot of pilots out there like myself who don't believe and feel pushed out of the hobby and beleaguered.

It's true that general aviation is an activity with a cult following but I'm convinced that there are nonetheless a lot of non-believers out there in the ranks of pilots who are looking for the same message but not finding it: you are not alone.

So I've decided to form a new organization on Facebook called the Atheist Pilots Association. It's open to all free thinkers. Whether you are a pilot, learning to fly, aircraft afficianado, always wanted to fly, work in the industry building airplanes or just get a child like sense of wonder every time you see a jetliner fly overhead, you're welcome to join. I'll see if I can get the approval of other free thought groups as well. I will also be building a website for the group in the days to follow as well.

PS Attn David Silverman: if you ever need a banner tow pilot to advertise for your group, I will be happy to do so for you for free. Take me up on it.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
23-03-2013, 05:07 AM
RE: Pure bollocks and an opportunity for me to create a new community
That's a bit worrying.

I'm flying to Perth (Oz) in a few hours. I really hope I get a science-based pilot and not a faith-based pilot.

Ohmy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-03-2013, 04:42 PM
(23-03-2013 05:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That's a bit worrying.

I'm flying to Perth (Oz) in a few hours. I really hope I get a science-based pilot and not a faith-based pilot.

Ohmy

They exist and they're dangerous.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/03/2...3B20090325

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
25-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Yikes!

I started wondering about other occupations, and then I decided that it would be better to stop.

Good luck with your site!

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume