Purgatory is a real place

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2014, 10:13 AM
RE: Purgatory is a real place
(14-08-2014 10:09 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I'm sorry. I've grown a lot in the last month.

(14-08-2014 10:20 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  ...
I failed here. But the failure will be a valuable lesson for the future.

I'm sorry. ...

(15-08-2014 08:55 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  ...
staff have already expressed that they recognize what appears to be misrepresentations of my conduct. when we lose track of how many times an accusation is provided with no evidence, the authorities are going to be suspicious about how serious to take them and your credibility just becomes less and less. quit crying wolf!

But not sorry enough to take the advice from TheGulegon, GirlyMan and me (in your etiquette thread) and now Deirdre in the post above this one.

Your misconduct or otherwise is now irrelevant.

You have failed... socially.

Once again, I suggest that it would be better for you, if you are sincere about making amends, to leave for at least one month; put into practice what you say you have learned by successfully engaging on other forums (or failing and learning again).

It would also be better for the forum, don't you think? Or is that not something that concerns you?

Selfishness is not a crime but again, socially it's a good way to get yourself rejected.

As I said before:

(06-08-2014 06:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ...
Go... learn... come back in a few months and start afresh... don't offer explanations or excuses... just demonstrate, through rational participation, that you have changed.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
15-08-2014, 10:14 AM
On my previous forum we had Soviet Russia as a place to send trolls. The regular members could go on there with second accounts of the format 'Comrade' followed by 6 digits. These accounts were always restricted to Soviet Russia and couldn't see the rest of the forum. Everybody would speak in a fake Russian accent and torment the trolls that were sent there. None of the regular members knew who anybody else was either. It was like a game of Mafia.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
15-08-2014, 10:39 AM
I have failed but this means giving up possibly my favorite website to go to , at least one that I go to most frequently to learn new things. and I really like a lot of the people here especially the ones that filled me in on so much information I didn't know about historical things involving the Ottoman Empire and the israeli-palestinian conflict.

yes I also like the drama here and believe it or not this is the only site I know of where you can give people negative reputation points and I think that's pretty cool even though ...you know... it hasn't served me well Tongue

the lessons learned here and af are priceless

since I've been coming here I stop going to my Soviet empire communist forum and the atheist Republic or happy atheist farm. so much more interesting shit goes on here and I don't think that I have the self control to stop visiting a place when its teaching me lessons for life both online and offline and toughening me up. as far as online forums go, this is boot camp.
15-08-2014, 10:43 AM
(15-08-2014 10:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  On my previous forum we had Soviet Russia as a place to send trolls. The regular members could go on there with second accounts of the format 'Comrade' followed by 6 digits. These accounts were always restricted to Soviet Russia and couldn't see the rest of the forum. Everybody would speak in a fake Russian accent and torment the trolls that were sent there. None of the regular members knew who anybody else was either. It was like a game of Mafia.

Yes, we discussed implementing such a section some time ago and at the time, I felt it would be an interesting idea. But I've since changed my thinking... I see it as part of a bigger issue. Such a "disciplinary system" only separates, segregates, and polarizes people and ideas, and it confuses and diverts responsibility and accountability. It doesn't matter who implements it, it is systematic tyranny.

I've been thinking about this a bit lately. I've seen the damage religion can do; how it seems so ready to justify inhuman behavior. Emulation of such systematic tyranny would not help a secular community toward progress or growth. In my estimation, it would make it a clone of the very thing it seeks to do away with.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-08-2014, 10:53 AM
actually, the greater tyranny is when you execute someone without giving them any chance to reform or prove himself.

I'm learning that every forum has its own personality. like fascism it's wise to conform to that personality if you wish to have a good reputation. what get you banned from one forum can get your reputation points from another. for instance, at af.org you can get kudos and reputation points for showing off your penis or tits.
15-08-2014, 10:55 AM
DLJ it could be better for the forum but possibly not. I used to be scared of spiders now I love them. I had to get close to them to overcome my fear. since there is no threat here, that should help people to overcome and irrational fear. at worst what you have here is a monster behind in cage that he cant xscape from.
15-08-2014, 10:57 AM
(15-08-2014 10:39 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I have failed but this means giving up possibly my favorite website to go to , at least one that I go to most frequently to learn new things. and I really like a lot of the people here especially the ones that filled me in on so much information I didn't know about historical things involving the Ottoman Empire and the israeli-palestinian conflict.

yes I also like the drama here and believe it or not this is the only site I know of where you can give people negative reputation points and I think that's pretty cool even though ...you know... it hasn't served me well Tongue

the lessons learned here and af are priceless

since I've been coming here I stop going to my Soviet empire communist forum and the atheist Republic or happy atheist farm. so much more interesting shit goes on here and I don't think that I have the self control to stop visiting a place when its teaching me lessons for life both online and offline and toughening me up. as far as online forums go, this is boot camp.

As I said, selfishness is not a crime.

Learning can be passive, you know? i.e. reading without posting.

Are you saying that you are only posting to cause drama?

I'm sure you know... you just don't care.

Thanks a bunch.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
15-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm not posting to cause drama. Look at the majority of the threads that I've started. does it look like I was trying to provoke anyone? aside from theists from time to time.
15-08-2014, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 11:09 AM by Wicked Clown.)
you say I don't care , when I've made how many apologies and attempts to reconcile with people repeatedly? I've also cleaned up my act a lot.
15-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Shut.
The.
Fuck.
UP.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post