Purgatory is a real place

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: Purgatory is a real place
(15-08-2014 01:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nice C&P.

I'm immune to flattery, though.

Ha - is he trying to suck your dick too, Kingsy? Laugh out load

I can't see his shit because I temporarily have him on ignore. It's Friday and I don't like to wade through the droppings of a user. It's a waste of time.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 02:32 PM by DeepThought.)
(15-08-2014 06:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 10:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Sorry but those two threads between them contain over 60 pages. I simply am not interested enough in WC (no offence to the guy) to wade through 60 pages of people bickering at each other. Now I'm not Admin I have no obligation to.

It is the job of the forum team to monitor.
If you are unwilling to do so, then resign from the forum team.

lol, I don't really monitor all the posts and I'm not willing to. AFAIK it's handled just fine by other people and I trust their decision to be fair.
I don't think it would be good for the forum for me to resign though and I think it's my decision to make. If enough people don't want me around I'd leave though thats not very likely. Who would manage the server while I'm gone? Sure it will probably run well for a long time..

Every member of the forum team doesn't need to read all the posts. It's a forum team so the work can be split up.

I know allot of you don't like "WC" <- isn't that the sign on some toilet doors?
Still being generally disliked isn't a valid reason to ban someone. It's a matter of principle. Judge a man by his actions/words/stuff that you can see and reference.

Allot of the stuff I've seen against WC are opinions and interpretations reading some meaning into what was said.
I know some people are uncomfortable with him around and I don't blame them or think they are wrong or bad for feeling that way. It's just where do you draw the line. It's important to stick to guiding principles rather than making exceptions and excuses to force things your way.

Where do you draw the line? Once you start down that path you set a precedent for future incidents. Imagine if we had banned KC before we got to know him? That would be a horrible wasted opportunity to get to know an amazing person who as far as I can tell has more courage and integrity than most people I've ever met. Hell I'd easily say right now that I as a person I want to be more like KC (and Stark Raving who is also pretty awesome), and metaphysics have no part to play in my assessment of KC as a person.

I value honesty, integrity, and being true to yourself before all the other stuff. To me this is the foundation of a person.

I'm an atheist and I've got nothing to hide. I'm not afraid of having the stuff I say scrutinised and challenged. I welcome it as an opportunity to learn and expand my understanding. I feel no need to ban people who think/believe differently to me. (Not saying you or anyone else is - no strawman intended.)

There are many ways of thinking about post. You can think "this guy is a troll and his garbage posting ass should be banned" or "this person is just revealing himself for what/who they are and their actions belong to them alone." amongst other options.
One of these gets you angry and irritated and the other leaves you neutral and calm.

Out of those two I prefer calm, and quiet.

Cya! and have a good night/day.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 10 users Like DeepThought's post
15-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Word! That is Scripture there. That is like in the top five epitome of Scripture! Hell Yess! I send you my love and high regards
15-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Aaaannnnd dick suck. Rolleyes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
15-08-2014, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 03:14 PM by DeepThought.)
I've neva heard of a cyber blow job:
*Blowjob smiley removed*
This sort of thing is not allowed and you should already know this.

tell the AFs about the fun we have here. Smile
15-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Can this forum get a new smiley?
15-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Take this for what it's worth, WC, but when you log off of your computer, phone, etc...THAT is your real life. This site as others, can be fun and informative, but if you find yourself spending more time here, than in your real life, it might be time to change things up. I used to post on a non-religious site a few years ago, and I witnessed marriages get destroyed because these people cared more about what fucking strangers on an internet board thought than their own partners. Sad

The internet can be addicting, especially if something is lacking in your offline life. Of course we should work to communicate and contribute well when on here, but this shouldn't be anyone's life. What I've gleaned from forums in general, is that there are a lot of unhappy folks in the world, hiding behind keyboards, easily throwing insults at other posters. Doubtful they'd say half the shit they do, in person. But, the internet is a place for some people to morph into the badasses they wish they were, offline.

When you log off, and shut down your computer, there's your real life. Work on that, and I have a feeling you won't be seeking affirmation from all these people here. There's a lot of nice people here, but you don't need their affirmation.

I say this as a friend. Heart Be your own man, and you will be far happier in life. Online and off! lol

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
15-08-2014, 03:48 PM
(15-08-2014 03:35 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Take this for what it's worth, WC, but when you log off of your computer, phone, etc...THAT is your real life. This site as others, can be fun and informative, but if you find yourself spending more time here, than in your real life, it might be time to change things up. I used to post on a non-religious site a few years ago, and I witnessed marriages get destroyed because these people cared more about what fucking strangers on an internet board thought than their own partners. Sad

The internet can be addicting, especially if something is lacking in your offline life. Of course we should work to communicate and contribute well when on here, but this shouldn't be anyone's life. What I've gleaned from forums in general, is that there are a lot of unhappy folks in the world, hiding behind keyboards, easily throwing insults at other posters. Doubtful they'd say half the shit they do, in person. But, the internet is a place for some people to morph into the badasses they wish they were, offline.

When you log off, and shut down your computer, there's your real life. Work on that, and I have a feeling you won't be seeking affirmation from all these people here. There's a lot of nice people here, but you don't need their affirmation.

I say this as a friend. Heart Be your own man, and you will be far happier in life. Online and off! lol

Backing off the posting volume wouldn't hurt, you have posted 795 times in less than a month. Putting you on ignore doesn't really help to get around you when you're everywhere. Every thought you have does not need to be shared with the world.
Please, ease up, this isn't Facebook.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
15-08-2014, 04:12 PM
WC. I'm not singling you out. I speak from experience. It's easy to get addicted to the Internet. Because it is an escape from reality for a bit. It can be fun and informative as I said above, but if it's used for the right reasons. A lot of people spend too much time worrying over what strangers who most likely they'll never meet, think about them. It's important to be respectful of others but not everyone will like you.

I ended up dating an asshole a few years ago off of a forum. The Internet literally became my life. It was then that I knew I had to make some changes.

Take it for what it's worth. Have a good weekend! Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
15-08-2014, 05:34 PM
(15-08-2014 03:35 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Take this for what it's worth, WC, but when you log off of your computer, phone, etc...THAT is your real life. This site as others, can be fun and informative, but if you find yourself spending more time here, than in your real life, it might be time to change things up. I used to post on a non-religious site a few years ago, and I witnessed marriages get destroyed because these people cared more about what fucking strangers on an internet board thought than their own partners. Sad

Beautiful post! Your my Guawdian Angel Angel Bowing BowingAngel

I'm living in a funny farm We're going swimming in like 15 minutes. Yay! Big Grin