Purgatory is a real place

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Purgatory is a real place
Yes but the animals at the zoo that people are most interested in are often the weird ones Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Re: RE: Purgatory is a real place
(15-08-2014 10:49 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Yes but the animals at the zoo that people are most interested in are often the weird ones Wink

I wish.. People I go with just want to see the Bears and lions everytime.

Nothing duller than seeing the same behavior routinely.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-08-2014, 10:56 PM
I like to see the primates and the reptiles.
15-08-2014, 11:10 PM
(15-08-2014 02:21 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 06:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is the job of the forum team to monitor.
If you are unwilling to do so, then resign from the forum team.

lol, I don't really monitor all the posts and I'm not willing to. AFAIK it's handled just fine by other people and I trust their decision to be fair.
I don't think it would be good for the forum for me to resign though and I think it's my decision to make. If enough people don't want me around I'd leave though thats not very likely. Who would manage the server while I'm gone? Sure it will probably run well for a long time..

Every member of the forum team doesn't need to read all the posts. It's a forum team so the work can be split up.

I know allot of you don't like "WC" <- isn't that the sign on some toilet doors?
Still being generally disliked isn't a valid reason to ban someone. It's a matter of principle. Judge a man by his actions/words/stuff that you can see and reference.

Allot of the stuff I've seen against WC are opinions and interpretations reading some meaning into what was said.
I know some people are uncomfortable with him around and I don't blame them or think they are wrong or bad for feeling that way. It's just where do you draw the line. It's important to stick to guiding principles rather than making exceptions and excuses to force things your way.

Where do you draw the line? Once you start down that path you set a precedent for future incidents. Imagine if we had banned KC before we got to know him? That would be a horrible wasted opportunity to get to know an amazing person who as far as I can tell has more courage and integrity than most people I've ever met. Hell I'd easily say right now that I as a person I want to be more like KC (and Stark Raving who is also pretty awesome), and metaphysics have no part to play in my assessment of KC as a person.

I value honesty, integrity, and being true to yourself before all the other stuff. To me this is the foundation of a person.

I'm an atheist and I've got nothing to hide. I'm not afraid of having the stuff I say scrutinised and challenged. I welcome it as an opportunity to learn and expand my understanding. I feel no need to ban people who think/believe differently to me. (Not saying you or anyone else is - no strawman intended.)

There are many ways of thinking about post. You can think "this guy is a troll and his garbage posting ass should be banned" or "this person is just revealing himself for what/who they are and their actions belong to them alone." amongst other options.
One of these gets you angry and irritated and the other leaves you neutral and calm.

Out of those two I prefer calm, and quiet.

Cya! and have a good night/day.

The problem was that he was giving his opinion on something he had no knowledge of. He should just shut the fuck up if he is unwilling to read the thread.

It is the forum team's job to keep tabs on things, how you divvy up the work is your problem.

But don't respond to reported posts with "Oh, I wasn't aware of that, send me links." Go look, you lazy fucks.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-08-2014, 08:30 AM
(15-08-2014 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  The problem was that he was giving his opinion on something he had no knowledge of. He should just shut the fuck up if he is unwilling to read the thread.

It is the forum team's job to keep tabs on things, how you divvy up the work is your problem.

But don't respond to reported posts with "Oh, I wasn't aware of that, send me links." Go look, you lazy fucks.

Well, recieved your sentiment loud and clear. Wouldn't hurt to make the job easier, especially when it requires minimal effort on your part. You would already have the post open.

Considering no one is getting paid for their time I think you have some funny expectations. I'm pretty sure at least 2-3 of us have gone over WC's post content.

Actually, lets take a role call (voluntary - you are not obligated to speak up.) Who out of the moderator group and above has been monitoring the bulk of WC's post content?

Lets weigh in and see how we are doing with this aspect. Be interesting to get actual stats.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
16-08-2014, 08:33 AM
(16-08-2014 08:30 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  The problem was that he was giving his opinion on something he had no knowledge of. He should just shut the fuck up if he is unwilling to read the thread.

Well, recieved your sentiment loud and clear. Wouldn't hurt to make the job easier, especially when it requires minimal effort on your part. You would already have the post open.

Considering no one is getting paid for their time I think you have some funny expectations. I'm pretty sure at least 2-3 of us have gone over WC's post content.

Actually, lets take a role call (voluntary - you are not obligated to speak up.) Who out of the moderator group and above has been monitoring the bulk of WC's post content?

Lets weigh in and see how we are doing with this aspect. Be interesting to get actual stats.
In other words, which of you has no life? Laugh out load
16-08-2014, 09:49 AM
(16-08-2014 08:30 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  

I'm trying to keep up. You can tell the threads I have been noticing because there's usually a point where I have felt the need to step in.

As ever, we rely upon the traditional self-policing method.

I'm kinda busy with work and studying for another exam so I really don't need someone taking advantage of our free speech ethos to work through their psychological issues but y'know ... noblesse oblige.... from a governance perspective, it's the mods job to attempt to see as much as their free-time permits.

Note that I say mods not supermods. It's not your job to worry about that as per the governance model we discussed in class.

16-08-2014, 09:58 AM
(16-08-2014 09:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... I really don't need someone taking advantage of our free speech ethos to work through their psychological issues but y'know ... noblesse oblige....

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't want to watch. So I don't read those posts.

#sigh
16-08-2014, 11:26 AM
(16-08-2014 09:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 08:30 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Well, recieved your sentiment loud and clear. Wouldn't hurt to make the job easier, especially when it requires minimal effort on your part. You would already have the post open.

I'm trying to keep up. You can tell the threads I have been noticing because there's usually a point where I have felt the need to step in.

As ever, we rely upon the traditional self-policing method.

I'm kinda busy with work and studying for another exam so I really don't need someone taking advantage of our free speech ethos to work through their psychological issues but y'know ... noblesse oblige.... from a governance perspective, it's the mods job to attempt to see as much as their free-time permits.

Note that I say mods not supermods. It's not your job to worry about that as per the governance model we discussed in class.
you seem like the kind of gentleman that would read every single post that was reported to you.
16-08-2014, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 12:37 PM by Wicked Clown.)
(14-08-2014 10:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 10:08 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Link people to posts, not 34 page dick-year long threads that people (or at least myself and probably Hughsie) have 0% interest in. An actual post is much more convenient than wasting 30 minutes scrolling through 34 pages of bullshittery.

Sure wouldn't want to actually know what's going on by reading the background. That would be bad. Of course, the background has been cleaned up in many instances.
quit leading people to believe things that aren't true. anything staff want to know about anything I remember saying here, I will tell them . If you like ,lll even tell it in not only perfect detail but make it sound worse than it really is. I have nothing to hide, look at the things I post, does it look like I'm really being extremely superficial to hide something?

like that time you accuse me of stalking and victimizing and targeting people, when I told you that the person that I spoke with by far the most was deidre, and you made it sound like that was disturbing stalking behavior? you are such a liar. why don't you take your lying tongue and go stick it where the Sun don't shine.