Purgatory is a real place

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 12:36 PM
RE: Purgatory is a real place
(16-08-2014 08:30 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  The problem was that he was giving his opinion on something he had no knowledge of. He should just shut the fuck up if he is unwilling to read the thread.

It is the forum team's job to keep tabs on things, how you divvy up the work is your problem.

But don't respond to reported posts with "Oh, I wasn't aware of that, send me links." Go look, you lazy fucks.

Well, recieved your sentiment loud and clear. Wouldn't hurt to make the job easier, especially when it requires minimal effort on your part. You would already have the post open.

Considering no one is getting paid for their time I think you have some funny expectations. I'm pretty sure at least 2-3 of us have gone over WC's post content.

Actually, lets take a role call (voluntary - you are not obligated to speak up.) Who out of the moderator group and above has been monitoring the bulk of WC's post content?

Lets weigh in and see how we are doing with this aspect. Be interesting to get actual stats.

I've read the ones I've come across anyway (not a huge amount), plus any I have had brought to my attention. I haven't waded through te endless pages of bickering that people seem to think I should read. I got about 10 pages in before deciding it wasn't something I had any interest in doing.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
16-08-2014, 12:43 PM
the bickering also would not have happened were not for people falsely accusing me and me having to state the truth. I don't feel good about myself that I keep saying that, in fact it's kind of embarrassing, but the problem is it keeps getting brought up like I've been bickering with out any freaking reason for it, but to annoy people. look at how how many times angel keeps trying to make it look like I've been hiding shit with the edit button which is clearly not true and she doesn't have any evidence to back up a claim , just empty fruitless bullshit regurgitated.
16-08-2014, 12:43 PM
(15-08-2014 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 02:21 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  lol, I don't really monitor all the posts and I'm not willing to. AFAIK it's handled just fine by other people and I trust their decision to be fair.
I don't think it would be good for the forum for me to resign though and I think it's my decision to make. If enough people don't want me around I'd leave though thats not very likely. Who would manage the server while I'm gone? Sure it will probably run well for a long time..

Every member of the forum team doesn't need to read all the posts. It's a forum team so the work can be split up.

I know allot of you don't like "WC" <- isn't that the sign on some toilet doors?
Still being generally disliked isn't a valid reason to ban someone. It's a matter of principle. Judge a man by his actions/words/stuff that you can see and reference.

Allot of the stuff I've seen against WC are opinions and interpretations reading some meaning into what was said.
I know some people are uncomfortable with him around and I don't blame them or think they are wrong or bad for feeling that way. It's just where do you draw the line. It's important to stick to guiding principles rather than making exceptions and excuses to force things your way.

Where do you draw the line? Once you start down that path you set a precedent for future incidents. Imagine if we had banned KC before we got to know him? That would be a horrible wasted opportunity to get to know an amazing person who as far as I can tell has more courage and integrity than most people I've ever met. Hell I'd easily say right now that I as a person I want to be more like KC (and Stark Raving who is also pretty awesome), and metaphysics have no part to play in my assessment of KC as a person.

I value honesty, integrity, and being true to yourself before all the other stuff. To me this is the foundation of a person.

I'm an atheist and I've got nothing to hide. I'm not afraid of having the stuff I say scrutinised and challenged. I welcome it as an opportunity to learn and expand my understanding. I feel no need to ban people who think/believe differently to me. (Not saying you or anyone else is - no strawman intended.)

There are many ways of thinking about post. You can think "this guy is a troll and his garbage posting ass should be banned" or "this person is just revealing himself for what/who they are and their actions belong to them alone." amongst other options.
One of these gets you angry and irritated and the other leaves you neutral and calm.

Out of those two I prefer calm, and quiet.

Cya! and have a good night/day.

The problem was that he was giving his opinion on something he had no knowledge of. He should just shut the fuck up if he is unwilling to read the thread.

It is the forum team's job to keep tabs on things, how you divvy up the work is your problem.

But don't respond to reported posts with "Oh, I wasn't aware of that, send me links." Go look, you lazy fucks.

Lol, this whole "you can't judge until you read all his posts" thing is retarded. Have you actually read every single one of his posts? If not you can't judge either. Have you read every single one of mine? No? Guess what, you can't have an opinion on me either. Have you followed every word or every statement, either written or oral, by Obama? No? Oh, no opinion on him either for you I'm afraid.

My opinion is that you don't need to stalk someone to have an opinion. You judge them based on what you do see and adjust your judgement as you see more and more of them. Guess that's just me.

Anyways, I have no desire to continue an immature conversation so this is the last I'll say on it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
16-08-2014, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 12:57 PM by Wicked Clown.)
by the way guys, I can't tell you how many times after I posted something, then I could see the purple and green and pink onions at the bottom of the screen showing that they were reading what I posted. the mods have been doing a very good job of reading my content.
their more quick to read my post and probably than any other ones on this website precisely because they're so suspicious as a result of all the bullshit.

if you're so certain you do a better job how come you can't just say what you remember me saying or report the post? I bet you anything the post that you would like staff to see have already been viewed by one of them
16-08-2014, 01:56 PM
(16-08-2014 12:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  The problem was that he was giving his opinion on something he had no knowledge of. He should just shut the fuck up if he is unwilling to read the thread.

Lol, this whole "you can't judge until you read all his posts" thing is retarded. Have you actually read every single one of his posts? If not you can't judge either. Have you read every single one of mine? No? Guess what, you can't have an opinion on me either. Have you followed every word or every statement, either written or oral, by Obama? No? Oh, no opinion on him either for you I'm afraid.

My opinion is that you don't need to stalk someone to have an opinion. You judge them based on what you do see and adjust your judgement as you see more and more of them. Guess that's just me.

Anyways, I have no desire to continue an immature conversation so this is the last I'll say on it.

If you haven't read the thread, your opinion is of little value.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2014, 01:57 PM
what is your opinion of "the thread".
16-08-2014, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 02:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-08-2014 01:57 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  what is your opinion of "the thread".

It's absurd.
It assumes spacetime (temporality) in a timeless environment.
That's meaningless. One would have to "transition" from one state to another.
You must "get from one to the other". Facepalm
Whoever cooked up Purgatory made assumptions not even theologians make any longer.

The real question is, "What about Limbo ?" and all those freakin' non-baptized babies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo
Weeping

Buncha crap

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-08-2014, 02:09 PM
God can give the sacrament of baptism to a baby without the help of a priest
16-08-2014, 02:41 PM
(16-08-2014 02:09 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  God can give the sacrament of baptism to a baby without the help of a priest

That's not what Aquinas said.
And if a god is "bound" by a rule about baptism at all, it's not the creator/sustainor of Reality, but somehow subject to a larger Reality.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-08-2014, 03:05 PM
a larger reality that he created.