Purgatory is a real place

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 06:23 PM
RE: Purgatory is a real place
(17-08-2014 05:50 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 01:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Following procedure is far more important than what is good for the overall health of the forum in the view of the current mod team. Gotta have those t's crossed and i's dotted.

Ah, the old "ze ends justify ze means", I wondered what had happened to that one. Rolleyes

Overblown rhetoric that is inapplicable to the issue.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Roughly three hours to edit and seven hours to post.

So, the bullshit continues.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2014, 07:03 PM
this post was supposed to be on a different thread please delete it.
18-08-2014, 07:16 PM
(18-08-2014 07:03 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  this post was supposed to be on a different thread please delete it.

We're not big fans of deletion here. You say it, you own it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-08-2014, 07:26 PM
(18-08-2014 07:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 07:03 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  this post was supposed to be on a different thread please delete it.

We're not big fans of deletion here. You say it, you own it.

Unless you or someone else edits it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

18-08-2014, 08:19 PM
(17-08-2014 05:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 12:53 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Convenient that! Dodgy A post that would have gotten even a long time member banned having actually been made by WC, that was edited by a mod to keep it clean, not being able to be cited for a mod, when the mod asks for instances of ban worthy activity Dodgy

TTA doesn't ban on first offences. Never has been our policy to as far as I'm aware.

That's not exactly something new and radical.

That takes nothing away from the convenience I mentioned of not being able to discuss a possibly ban-worthy post, though, now does it? It WAS ban worthy, yes?

I forget; do the strikes against accumulate across all rules, or does everyone get 2 chances to break every one of them?

I can't remember wishing for the ban of anyone, and meaning it (...well vehemently, anyway), other than for this guy's. HBL, Res Republica, MozartLink... all idiots, but I don't think they've ever been warned against bringing up a subject that would ruffle a few sensibilities, much less creeped the fuck out of a number of people who've donated money to this site.

But I hear ya...
Making sure the Deconversion thread doesn't have a thread next to it created by someone who makes people's skin crawl & entitled "Is a fetus nutritious to eat?", is no where near as important as making sure that that one subject that makes people's skin crawl is never mentioned and all evidence of it's presence eradicated for all time.

Totally on board with that Hobo

18-08-2014, 08:30 PM
(18-08-2014 08:19 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 05:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  TTA doesn't ban on first offences. Never has been our policy to as far as I'm aware.

That's not exactly something new and radical.

That takes nothing away from the convenience I mentioned of not being able to discuss a possibly ban-worthy post, though, now does it? It WAS ban worthy, yes?

I forget; do the strikes against accumulate across all rules, or does everyone get 2 chances to break every one of them?

I can't remember wishing for the ban of anyone, and meaning it (...well vehemently, anyway), other than for this guy's. HBL, Res Republica, MozartLink... all idiots, but I don't think they've ever been warned against bringing up a subject that would ruffle a few sensibilities, much less creeped the fuck out of a number of people who've donated money to this site.

But I hear ya...
Making sure the Deconversion thread doesn't have a thread next to it created by someone who makes people's skin crawl & entitled "Is a fetus nutritious to eat?", is no where near as important as making sure that that one subject that makes people's skin crawl is never mentioned and all evidence of it's presence eradicated for all time.

As long as the evidence is gone - none of this happened. Honesty is the price we pay for total inclusion.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-08-2014, 08:35 PM
(18-08-2014 08:19 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  That takes nothing away from the convenience I mentioned of not being able to discuss a possibly ban-worthy post, though, now does it? It WAS ban worthy, yes?

But I hear ya...

Whether people like it or not we are not having discussions on paedophilia, jokes on paedophilia, or open discussions on what may or may not have been meant or intended to have been meant by a post that has fallen foul of that rule. That's the way it is.

If you see a post that is in violation of that rule then the best course of action is to use the report button and leave it to a Mod to deal with. If you really wanna discuss the response to the post, or state a case regarding the post, you can always create a thread in FTM to do so.

As for a big group discussion on such a post on the public parts of the forum, that's simply not gonna happen.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
18-08-2014, 08:37 PM
You mentioned the forbidden word...not I or Guley.

Guess who can say it is up to you. As it was with WC.

18-08-2014, 09:39 PM
(18-08-2014 08:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You mentioned the forbidden word...not I or Guley.

Guess who can say it is up to you. As it was with WC.

IKR. (Not a knock on anyone but the policy maker even if it was Seth, himself)
Policy:
1) Ban subject matter.
2) Allow personification of subject matter

Great Success Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post