Purpose

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 04:33 AM
Purpose
I have skimmed the rules and some information. However, I'm unclear what I should be doing on this forum.

Can you please explain what is the purpose of running AFA forum so I can fulfill its purposes as I see fit? I am not going to waste my time interacting in a manner that is of secondary to no importance. I want to engage here in a manner that is productive, practicable, constructive and conducive to catalysing changes to the real world.

I look forward to a favourable reply here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thinker's post
28-02-2017, 04:49 AM
RE: Purpose
What you should be doing here?

Are you a sheep waiting for shepherd to tell what to think and do? It's up to you.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-02-2017, 05:09 AM
You've already been doing it. Discuss things with people. It's a discussion forum.

I don't know what you're getting at.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2017, 05:40 AM
(28-02-2017 04:33 AM)Thinker Wrote:  I have skimmed the rules and some information. However, I'm unclear what I should be doing on this forum.

Just try to be honest. And if you can't be honest, be humorous.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
28-02-2017, 05:45 AM
Discussion here... is pretty much the same as discussion in real life, except you might get moderated here.

It has no more or less purpose, but it does have the advantage of being viewed by a wide audience.

It's a place to exchange ideas.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
28-02-2017, 05:57 AM
(There's not exactly a right way of using the forum. There certainly is a wrong way, and that's to break the rules!)

Like life itself, you find your own purpose here. I like to meet new people in a place where I can discuss things freely, listen to different viewpoints, express my opinions and to have fun! Hopefully I cause a few people to stop and think here and there, as they cause me to do the same. Maybe I can help support people who are going through a tough time, and to nudge attitudes of anonymous readers in what I believe to be a healthy direction.

(I'm not staff or anything, this is just my perception.)

[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
28-02-2017, 06:02 AM
(28-02-2017 04:33 AM)Thinker Wrote:  I have skimmed the rules and some information. However, I'm unclear what I should be doing on this forum.

Can you please explain what is the purpose of running AFA forum so I can fulfill its purposes as I see fit? I am not going to waste my time interacting in a manner that is of secondary to no importance. I want to engage here in a manner that is productive, practicable, constructive and conducive to catalysing changes to the real world.

I look forward to a favourable reply here.

Hello! Big Grin

I think there's an unwritten rule which pretty much states:

"Don't be a dick."

Other than that?

I look forwards to interacting with yourself. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
28-02-2017, 06:15 AM
What kind of changes in the world are you trying to effect?

It's possible to get many different things from this place. Community, support, humor, argument, sanity or challenges to your sanity...you're the one who decides.

If you do feel that any time spent here being frivolous is a waste, just post in the more serious threads. Or, you know, find an online community that's a better fit for you.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
28-02-2017, 06:18 AM
What? That's some of the stupidest shit I've seen on this forum.
It's not a fucking video game with an end objective you need to achieve. It's a fucking internet forum, what are you retarded or something?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
28-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Give me all your money.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post