Puscifer - New Album Out - Atheist Rejoice!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2011, 02:37 PM

RE: Puscifer - New Album Out - Atheist Rejoice!
This this new Puscifer song on for size! Talk about pointed lyrics that dont beat around the bush!!!! Pretty rockin tune too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcrQIqAKhxY

I see you lingering around
Like a bad idea
Peddlin' salvation,
Threatenin damnation

About to drop you like Cain, like Cain dropped Abel

You're no medium
Just the scum on the shallow end of assumption
Time to come correct, son
Rapture, my ass
You better hope he takes you
Before I do

About to drop you like Cain, you better hope he takes you
About to drop you like Cain, I've had enough of your voodoo

Rode to Sodom
Your Gomorrah
Deliverin' redemption
Feel my resurrection

About to drop you like Cain, I've had enough of your voodoo
Before I do
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
16-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Been jamming to Puscifer for the last little bit... they're some contenders, but this is still my jam of the year: Bartholomew ~ The Silent Comedy.

Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2011, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2011 07:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-11-2011 02:37 PM)Denicio Wrote:  This this new Puscifer song on for size! Talk about pointed lyrics that dont beat around the bush!!!! Pretty rockin tune too!

Well that's pretty clear and direct. Not sure I needed to know that there was this whole atheist rock genre. I mean the thought to slaughter the Jehovah's Witnesses who come to my door had never entered my mind. Not sure it needed to. ... Oh well, off to youtube for more Puscifer.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-11-2011, 08:22 AM

(17-11-2011 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-11-2011 02:37 PM)Denicio Wrote:  This this new Puscifer song on for size! Talk about pointed lyrics that dont beat around the bush!!!! Pretty rockin tune too!

Well that's pretty clear and direct. Not sure I needed to know that there was this whole atheist rock genre. I mean the thought to slaughter the Jehovah's Witnesses who come to my door had never entered my mind. Not sure it needed to. ... Oh well, off to youtube for more Puscifer.

Enjoy the Puscifer!
As for as Lyrical Content, i dont think this is any new ground for Maynard. He's always fused in his dislike for religion in his tunes.
Not sure its "Theist Rock". Probably closer to anti religion. Then again, who can tell about the illusive Maynard.

D
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
18-11-2011, 10:53 AM
... the Illusive Man. Big Grin

Yeah, Girly, that's my mind -slaughtering the JWs - hey, peeps, come on in! I gots a question to ax you! Muah-ha-ha-ha... but I'm better now. That's when I was a theist, rocking out to "killing in the name of god."

Atheism is more like "loving in the name of humanity," the evolutionary mandate to kill is thus reduced to poetry. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh man, I'm such a huge Puscifer fan (hopefully seeing them next March). One of my favourite Puscifer "songs" in terms of humour is Sour Grapes (Where's The Line Mix): http://youtu.be/cDRLAx1mUhY

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
- Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
22-12-2011, 08:16 AM

(21-12-2011 05:21 PM)kylestyle Wrote:  Oh man, I'm such a huge Puscifer fan (hopefully seeing them next March). One of my favourite Puscifer "songs" in terms of humour is Sour Grapes (Where's The Line Mix): http://youtu.be/cDRLAx1mUhY

I saw them in St Louis and was left dumbfounded.
The 2nd leg of the tour was announced last week and i scored the VIP package. So not only do i get awesome seats but i get to do the Mirkin Vinyard wine tasting experience too (and some other goodies).

I love the songs, i love the oddball humor he plants around the band..with all the characters like Billy D, Major Dousche and Peter Mirkin. You can tell he dont give a shit and is having fun with it.

Dennis