Putins Op Ed message to the America in NYT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Putins Op Ed message to the America in NYT
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinio...d=all&_r=0

Once again for the past 60 years, Russia is anti-war and the US loves it and wants it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Re: Putins Op Ed message to the America in NYT
But IandI.. He must believe lies, he said America worked together with Russia to defeat the Nazis.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-09-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Putins Op Ed message to the America in NYT
(13-09-2013 08:03 AM)I and I Wrote:  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinio...d=all&_r=0

Once again for the past 60 years, Russia is anti-war and the US loves it and wants it.

Stop being so obtuse. Russia is anti-war? No, Russia is anti-war to the extent that it's not the one waging one. Georgia, Chechnya, and meddling in Armenia and Tajikistan being not too distant examples.

Look, the US is imperfect as well, but this unprincipled and unquestioning fawning toward Russia and other imperfect critics of the US is just tiring.
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
17-09-2013, 10:04 PM
I&I loves slobbering over the dicks of his favorite dictators/dictators soon to be.

He only criticizes the US because of size complaints. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-09-2013, 02:16 AM
I am the man who arranges the bombs
that continue to fall in Syria
They go down
the US wants in
But I screw them over with diplomacy

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
18-09-2013, 03:04 AM
(18-09-2013 02:16 AM)Caveman Wrote:  I am the man who arranges the bombs
that continue to fall in Syria
They go down
the US wants in
But I screw them over with diplomacy

Dun worry girly I got this one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-09-2013, 06:36 AM
(17-09-2013 09:59 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(13-09-2013 08:03 AM)I and I Wrote:  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinio...d=all&_r=0

Stop being so obtuse. Russia is anti-war? No, Russia is anti-war to the extent that it's not the one waging one. Georgia, Chechnya, and meddling in Armenia and Tajikistan being not too distant examples.

Look, the US is imperfect as well, but this unprincipled and unquestioning fawning toward Russia and other imperfect critics of the US is just tiring.

Bryan who were the Russians fighting in Chechnya? And when did Russia go to war with Georgia and what was the reason? Are you comparing those to US adventures?
18-09-2013, 06:37 AM
(17-09-2013 10:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I&I loves slobbering over the dicks of his favorite dictators/dictators soon to be.

He only criticizes the US because of size complaints. Drinking Beverage

Of course, not liking Alqaeda means you love Assad. Typical rightwing logic.
18-09-2013, 06:37 AM

You mean it's been peace-loving ever since your hero Stalin died? Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-09-2013, 07:30 AM
(18-09-2013 06:36 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 09:59 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Stop being so obtuse. Russia is anti-war? No, Russia is anti-war to the extent that it's not the one waging one. Georgia, Chechnya, and meddling in Armenia and Tajikistan being not too distant examples.

Bryan who were the Russians fighting in Chechnya? And when did Russia go to war with Georgia and what was the reason? Are you comparing those to US adventures?

Russia was pissed that Georgia was pushing to join NATO and was angered over Kosovo's push for independence. Suddenly their invaded. Yeah, pure motives from Russia entirely there. Russia generously 'offered' to absorb the Georgian breakaway republic of South Osetia after their 2008 invasion.

And in Checnya, the Islamists weren't involved until the Russians decimated civilian populations of Grozny through indiscriminate carpet bombing of civilian populations. The Russian actions were so offensive that they faced numerous resignations, desertions, and refusals to carry out the military orders given to them to attack civilian populations. Indiscriminately killing over a hundred thousand civilians tends to radicalize populations and the resistance...just ask Bashar Assad. The first campaign set up the second Chechen war, with Islamists now leading the fight.

But as long as you are still defending the last 60 years of "peaceful" behavior, you also need to defend the military intervention and invasion of Hungary in the late 50s, peaceful invasion of Czechoslovakia in the late 60s, and the peaceful invasion of Afghanistan in the 80s.