Putins Op Ed message to the America in NYT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: Putins Op Ed message to the America in NYT
(18-09-2013 07:30 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 06:36 AM)I and I Wrote:  Bryan who were the Russians fighting in Chechnya? And when did Russia go to war with Georgia and what was the reason? Are you comparing those to US adventures?

Russia was pissed that Georgia was pushing to join NATO and was angered over Kosovo's push for independence. Suddenly their invaded. Yeah, pure motives from Russia entirely there. Russia generously 'offered' to absorb the Georgian breakaway republic of South Osetia after their 2008 invasion.

And in Checnya, the Islamists weren't involved until the Russians decimated civilian populations of Grozny through indiscriminate carpet bombing of civilian populations. The Russian actions were so offensive that they faced numerous resignations, desertions, and refusals to carry out the military orders given to them to attack civilian populations. Indiscriminately killing over a hundred thousand civilians tends to radicalize populations and the resistance...just ask Bashar Assad. The first campaign set up the second Chechen war, with Islamists now leading the fight.

But as long as you are still defending the last 60 years of "peaceful" behavior, you also need to defend the military intervention and invasion of Hungary in the late 50s, peaceful invasion of Czechoslovakia in the late 60s, and the peaceful invasion of Afghanistan in the 80s.

Wrong again. Georgia invaded South Ossetia then a war between the nations broke out. Georgia wanted to make South Ossetia part of Georgia and south Ossetians didn't want that. Russian forces went into South Ossetia to stop the fighting. Was this the war you were talking about?

So you are saying killing civilians makes them Muslim? Since when was this the case?

Russia didn't invade Chechnya, Chechnya is part of Russia. Troops were sent there to squash radical religious nut jobs, just like Assad is doing and is doing just as easily. Funny how crazy Islamic peeps don't get the criticism now that they are fighting anti-western leaders. Coincidences.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2013, 07:56 AM
The Soviet Union, not to be confused with Russia, sent troops into a modern industrial nice city to stop a western backed Alqaeda nut job group from taking power. How evil of the Russians to try to stop Alqaeda huh.
18-09-2013, 02:36 PM
(18-09-2013 07:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  The Soviet Union, not to be confused with Russia, sent troops into a modern industrial nice city to stop a western backed Alqaeda nut job group from taking power. How evil of the Russians to try to stop Alqaeda huh.

You said 60 years. Don't say that if you don't mean it. You obviously meant post WWII, including the Soviet era post WWII.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
18-09-2013, 02:50 PM
(18-09-2013 06:37 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 10:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I&I loves slobbering over the dicks of his favorite dictators/dictators soon to be.

He only criticizes the US because of size complaints. Drinking Beverage

Of course, not liking Alqaeda means you love Assad. Typical rightwing logic.

Huh? When did I say anything about you not condemning Al-Qaeda?

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-09-2013, 02:59 PM
(18-09-2013 07:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 07:30 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Russia was pissed that Georgia was pushing to join NATO and was angered over Kosovo's push for independence. Suddenly their invaded. Yeah, pure motives from Russia entirely there. Russia generously 'offered' to absorb the Georgian breakaway republic of South Osetia after their 2008 invasion.

And in Checnya, the Islamists weren't involved until the Russians decimated civilian populations of Grozny through indiscriminate carpet bombing of civilian populations. The Russian actions were so offensive that they faced numerous resignations, desertions, and refusals to carry out the military orders given to them to attack civilian populations. Indiscriminately killing over a hundred thousand civilians tends to radicalize populations and the resistance...just ask Bashar Assad. The first campaign set up the second Chechen war, with Islamists now leading the fight.

But as long as you are still defending the last 60 years of "peaceful" behavior, you also need to defend the military intervention and invasion of Hungary in the late 50s, peaceful invasion of Czechoslovakia in the late 60s, and the peaceful invasion of Afghanistan in the 80s.

Wrong again. Georgia invaded South Ossetia then a war between the nations broke out. Georgia wanted to make South Ossetia part of Georgia and south Ossetians didn't want that. Russian forces went into South Ossetia to stop the fighting. Was this the war you were talking about?

So you are saying killing civilians makes them Muslim? Since when was this the case?

Russia didn't invade Chechnya, Chechnya is part of Russia. Troops were sent there to squash radical religious nut jobs, just like Assad is doing and is doing just as easily. Funny how crazy Islamic peeps don't get the criticism now that they are fighting anti-western leaders. Coincidences.

We've already seen you do not understand history when you claim Russia has been 'peaceful' for 60 years, and then tried to argue the Soviet era in those 60 years doesn't count in your argument.

You're just ignorant of the facts and the history here. You are calling South Osetia a nation. They are part of Georgia and are recognized as a separate nation pretty much only by Russia (and then only after the war in 2008) and the usual suspects on the list of rogue nations--Venezuela and Nicaragua. That's it. South Osetia was all about geopolitics. Russia invaded just as NATO was about to approve developing an accession plan for Georgia to join, Bosnia was a newly independent nation due to NATO action in Serbia over the objection of Russia, the Russians attempted assassinating the Ukraine president over that country's Western leanings.....Russia was most certainly aggressive during this time period. If you deny this, you are either ignorant or deliberately obtuse as I accused you of being.

So you are saying that Russia's carpet bombing of civilians in cities is ok if they are Muslim? Jackass. You're also rather two faced here--calling Chechnya part of Russia, but South Osetia not part of Georgia. South Osetia geographically is an island shaped land adhered to an otherwise straight border between Russia and Georgia. As an independent nation, it makes absolutely no sense--a typical small business in the US easily matches their GDP of $15 million, and before the war, the population was only about 100k people (after, it is now about 70k people).
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
18-09-2013, 03:21 PM
The supreme peacefulness of the compassionate Soviet people's government is demonstrated beyond all doubt by their peaceful cooperation and brotherly solidarity with the free citizens of Hungary and Czechoslovakia

All other interpretations are counterrevolutionary propaganda.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
18-09-2013, 04:42 PM
(18-09-2013 02:59 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 07:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  Wrong again. Georgia invaded South Ossetia then a war between the nations broke out. Georgia wanted to make South Ossetia part of Georgia and south Ossetians didn't want that. Russian forces went into South Ossetia to stop the fighting. Was this the war you were talking about?

We've already seen you do not understand history when you claim Russia has been 'peaceful' for 60 years, and then tried to argue the Soviet era in those 60 years doesn't count in your argument.

You're just ignorant of the facts and the history here. You are calling South Osetia a nation. They are part of Georgia and are recognized as a separate nation pretty much only by Russia (and then only after the war in 2008) and the usual suspects on the list of rogue nations--Venezuela and Nicaragua. That's it. South Osetia was all about geopolitics. Russia invaded just as NATO was about to approve developing an accession plan for Georgia to join, Bosnia was a newly independent nation due to NATO action in Serbia over the objection of Russia, the Russians attempted assassinating the Ukraine president over that country's Western leanings.....Russia was most certainly aggressive during this time period. If you deny this, you are either ignorant or deliberately obtuse as I accused you of being.

So you are saying that Russia's carpet bombing of civilians in cities is ok if they are Muslim? Jackass. You're also rather two faced here--calling Chechnya part of Russia, but South Osetia not part of Georgia. South Osetia geographically is an island shaped land adhered to an otherwise straight border between Russia and Georgia. As an independent nation, it makes absolutely no sense--a typical small business in the US easily matches their GDP of $15 million, and before the war, the population was only about 100k people (after, it is now about 70k people).

Russia stopped Georgia from Taking land from South Ossetia. How evil of Russia, how dare they stop an invasion.

You seem to not know the difference between Russia and the Soviet Union.

You admitted in an earlier thread that the west supported Alqaeda in the attempt to overthrow the communist govt in Afghanistan, now you are condemning the Soviet Union for attempting to stop Alqaeda from taking power?

Chechnya was a group of jihad nut jobs committing terrorism, again what the hell is wrong with stopping that?

Do you think stopping Alqaeda is a bad thing?
18-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I like how Bryan used the term "rogue nation" describing Venezuela or Nicaragua. Even though he can't provide any tangible definition of the term. It's a term used by complete dumbasses it's a loaded word that means nothing and only serves to make people scared or think badly about a particular government. A sheep word.

"Axis of evil" "rogue nations". Fucking again the idiots on this website use the idiotic terminology of the bush administration.................but they couldn't be right wing idiots could they.
18-09-2013, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2013 08:03 PM by TheGulegon.)
(13-09-2013 08:03 AM)I and I Wrote:  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinio...d=all&_r=0

Once again for the past 60 years, Russia is anti-war and the US loves it and wants it.

Those are humanitarian awards pinned on those guys' chests, right?
[Image: 3FECD365-D36F-4B59-B265-D6FB973E3C28_mw800_mh600.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post