Putting God First

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Putting God First
So I'm just browsing facebook laughing at my usual "friends" dumb Prayer request and such. I noticed something interesting. Direct Quote " Finally got my new car. This is what happens when you put God and only God first"

I've heard this saying a lot growing up. I remember one conversation with my father when I was younger "Put God first and your family will always prosper". Well what happens if I put my family first? Nothing at all? Well that doesn't seem logical?

Here's the thing I wouldn't prioritize my caring for individuals I like to treat people equally. So there's something else that show's how selfish most people within the christian religion are. They are willing to treat other humans second best just to please their God in order to get a prize. They're also willing to tell everyone how much better they are than everyone else because they get this prize. Sounds very self absorbed......then again just look at their God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like MrKrispy601's post
07-08-2014, 04:20 PM
RE: Putting God First
They're not putting their god first. They're putting the things (they believe) their god gives them first.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
07-08-2014, 04:43 PM
How'd they put God first? Goat sacrifice? Praying? If it's the latter I put a lot of really stupid things first if all it takes is thinking about them for a bit.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
07-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Maybe if I put God first I'll finally get a Girlfriend and some bbq chicken wings.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-08-2014, 07:05 PM
I bet a lot of folks in the middle east put god first too. Doesn't seem to be working out for them so much.
07-08-2014, 07:10 PM
I put god first once.............. It was horibble... lol

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
07-08-2014, 09:12 PM
When God came first in my life, he turned over and fell asleep every time so I had to finish the job myself.Dodgy

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 5 users Like DemonicLemon's post
07-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Re: Putting God First
Reminds me of a common Church sign phrase.

If God is your passenger, change seats.

The best part is some Christians find it poignant. Back in high school seeing that I always found it hilarious.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Usual practice is away putts first.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-08-2014, 11:46 PM
This is like that line that preachers like at weddings - "You are three people in the marriage. Husband, Wife and some weird old invisible freak whom you're supposed to love more than your spouse." Of course they put it a bit more politely than that...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post