Putting morality to the test...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Putting morality to the test...
Ok, we already know how many theist argue that someone cannot have morality without God. Well, lets do what any good scientist would do, let's put it to the test. Answer the three questions as truthfully as possible (unless of course you're a theist, then just quote a verse from your favorite fairytale book)

1. You're driving along slowly on a road through a neighborhood, the speed limit is 15 miles per hour. You are in danger of being late to a very important interview. Up ahead you see a child playing in the road. There is no one else or any cars in sight. Do you:

A. Stop the car, move child out of the road, and attempt to find out whom the child belongs to
B. Drive around the child and keep going onto your interview
C. Stop, call local law enforcement and stay with the child until they arrive
D. Drive around the child and keep going onto your interview, but you pray for the child

2. You come across an animal that is down on the side of the road. You can only assume that it has been struck by a vehicle and the chances of it's survival is slim to none. Do you:

A. Stop, pick up the creature and take it to the animal hospital
B. Stop, administer as quick of a painless death as possible, so as to minimize suffering
C. Keep driving and let nature take it's course
d. Keep driving and pray for the suffering animal

3. You are on a jury and the defendant has an insurmountable amount of evidence pointing to his guilt. He is being tried for slaughtering 19 children and 5 women with a chainsaw. Oh, and on top of all that, he's a baptist minister name Fred Phelps. Would you:

A. Vote "guilty" and suggest capitol punishment
B. Vote "guilty" and suggest capitol punishment
c. Vote "guilty" and suggest capitol punishment
D. Vote "guilty" and pray for capitol punishment

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2013, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 05:25 PM by StorMFront.)
RE: Putting morality to the test...
Id fail this test....

1. I dont drive...but if I did I wouldnt call the cops..so I would have to run the kid over for witnessing my crime.
2. Id poke it with a stick for a bit probably, then break its neck and put it in my trunk with the kid.
3. Im Canadian...so hed get 20 years, and be released in 5 years.

Oh wait...these are a trick questions... God did it?

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes StorMFront's post
16-02-2013, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 06:07 PM by Misanthropik.)
(16-02-2013 04:50 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Ok, we already know how many theist argue that someone cannot have morality without God. Well, lets do what any good scientist would do, let's put it to the test. Answer the three questions as truthfully as possible (unless of course you're a theist, then just quote a verse from your favorite fairytale book)

1. You're driving along slowly on a road through a neighborhood, the speed limit is 15 miles per hour. You are in danger of being late to a very important interview. Up ahead you see a child playing in the road. There is no one else or any cars in sight. Do you:

A. Stop the car, move child out of the road, and attempt to find out whom the child belongs to
D. Drive around the child and keep going onto your interview, but you pray for the child

2. You come across an animal that is down on the side of the road. You can only assume that it has been struck by a vehicle and the chances of it's survival is slim to none. Do you:

B. Stop, administer as quick of a painless death as possible, so as to minimize suffering
C. Keep driving and let nature take it's course
d. Keep driving and pray for the suffering animal

3. You are on a jury and the defendant has an insurmountable amount of evidence pointing to his guilt. He is being tried for slaughtering 19 children and 5 women with a chainsaw. Oh, and on top of all that, he's a baptist minister name Fred Phelps. Would you:

B. Vote "guilty" and suggest capitol punishment
c. Vote "guilty" and suggest capitol punishment
D. Vote "guilty" and pray for capitol punishment
1) Depends on how old the "child" looks. 15 is still a child, but I'm gonna trust that he's got his shit together. 3 months...well that's a different story. It also depends on the location. Is this a suburb, or is this "neighborhood" out in the country somewhere? If it's a suburb, I'm gonna guess the kid lives in one of the nearby houses. When they see my car coming, they're likely to scurry to the sidewalk. In which case, I'd just keep going.
2) I've actually had to do both A and B. "A" was with a cat that was struggling across the side of the road. I turned around, picked it up and drove it to the Sheriff's office and handed it off to the late-night vet. "B" was a racoon that had been hit by someone and looked like a half-empty tube of toothpaste trying to drag itself off the road. Its lower half was completely destroyed; we were out in the middle of nowhere and luckily I had my Glock on me at the time, so I just pulled over real quick and put one in its head. (Not sure if it was legal or not, but I helped the little guy, so I'm not worried). Then I kicked it off into the grass and went on my way. The second time, something similar occured (only this time it was a possum), but I didn't have any suitable tools on me, so I just turned around, punched the gas and smashed the poor thing's head at 80MPH. That one made me cringe, but I couldn't let it suffer. I knew I was helping them, but I still felt bad each time. I like animals. Blush
3) ("Slaughtering 19 children and 5 women with a chainsaw", WTF??? Lmao) I'm not sure; this one's kind of a toss-up for me. Consider

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
16-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Why would I take a morality test to prove that secular morals exist? If anyone should have to prove their morals it's people who think they're superior to other beings because a Jewish zombie who is his own father said they were.

Let's have a short look at religious morals...

Homosexuality is evil? Check.
Women are inferior to men? Check.
Children must honor the parents simply because they fucked once? Check
Fucking is bad unless you're married and trying to make a baby to abuse? Check.
Drinking alcohol and imbibing certain substances is evil? Check.
When people on another part of the planet pray to a different invisible being you should kill them? Check.

What fucking morals?
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
16-02-2013, 08:23 PM
(16-02-2013 04:50 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Ok, we already know how many theist argue that someone cannot have morality without God. Well, lets do what any good scientist would do, let's put it to the test. Answer the three questions as truthfully as possible (unless of course you're a theist, then just quote a verse from your favorite fairytale book)

I don't have the option to mow the little shit down? How the fuck am I supposed to be atheistic now?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
06-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Someone made up this before
....BTW nice test ...
06-03-2013, 04:02 PM

We walk by faith, not by sight. Angel
06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
(16-02-2013 04:50 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  1. You're driving along slowly on a road through a neighborhood, the speed limit is 15 miles per hour. You are in danger of being late to a very important interview. Up ahead you see a child playing in the road. There is no one else or any cars in sight. Do you:

E. Stop the car until the kid gets outta the road. Honk if necessary.

(16-02-2013 04:50 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  2. You come across an animal that is down on the side of the road. You can only assume that it has been struck by a vehicle and the chances of it's survival is slim to none. Do you:

E. Take the carcass home and eat it so its death would serve some purpose.

(16-02-2013 04:50 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  3. You are on a jury and the defendant has an insurmountable amount of evidence pointing to his guilt. He is being tried for slaughtering 19 children and 5 women with a chainsaw. Oh, and on top of all that, he's a baptist minister name Fred Phelps. Would you:

E. Dunno who Fred Phelps is, but everytime I'm selected for jury duty I tell them I'm an atheist. I'm always immediately dismissed.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
1) Stop my car, pop the trunk and grab my baseball bat. Walk over to the child and hit a home run back onto his lawn.

2) keep the animal alive but just on the brink of death to prolong its suffering

3) Let him off the hook.his reasons are his own.

(A Christians view on atheists morality)

If God exists I hope he has a good excuse -Woody Allen
06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
1)If the child is really small,then A. If the child is older,then B.

2)C.

3)A.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Science vs Morality Mozart Link 87 1,472 07-07-2014 08:54 PM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  An Exercise in Objective Morality Airportkid 27 456 30-06-2014 09:25 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  The Authority of Unchanging Morality TheSkeptic 0 44 25-06-2014 06:07 PM
Last Post: TheSkeptic
  If God is the only source of objective morality... rampant.a.i. 21 309 25-06-2014 07:57 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Secular Morality rampant.a.i. 88 1,685 23-05-2014 06:56 AM
Last Post: true scotsman
  Objective Morality TheThinkingChristian 598 7,689 12-04-2014 05:40 PM
Last Post: Dark Light
  God's nonsensical test RobbyPants 7 176 12-04-2014 02:10 PM
Last Post: IndianAtheist