Putting my foot in it again - fat acceptance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: Putting my foot in it again - fat acceptance
(30-12-2015 01:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 07:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My monitor isn't very clear. How is she wearing the garter wrong?

The whole point of wearing a garter is essy access...so much easier than pantyhose.

It's one of those things. The panty should be worn on the outside, otherwise it's not any better than pantyhose. To go potty or other things, Angel you'd have to unclip the hose, which is a bit awkward, then pull off/down the panty.

Women who wear garter belts regularly know aside from magazines they're NEVER worn that way. You put the panty over...then you just pull those out of the way and you're good to go.

Well thank you for ruining my imagined fantasy with your misplaced pragmatic reality.

Thanks Moms! Dodgy

Tongue Hug

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-12-2015, 02:12 AM
(30-12-2015 02:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 01:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The whole point of wearing a garter is essy access...so much easier than pantyhose.

It's one of those things. The panty should be worn on the outside, otherwise it's not any better than pantyhose. To go potty or other things, Angel you'd have to unclip the hose, which is a bit awkward, then pull off/down the panty.

Women who wear garter belts regularly know aside from magazines they're NEVER worn that way. You put the panty over...then you just pull those out of the way and you're good to go.

Well thank you for ruining my imagined fantasy with your misplaced pragmatic reality.

Thanks Moms! Dodgy

Tongue Hug

I'm just making it easier on you guys. Smile

I sometimes go without the panty...but...then again, you've got let the guy do a little more work, than just lifting the skirt.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-12-2015, 02:19 AM
(30-12-2015 02:12 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm just making it easier on you guys. Smile

I sometimes go without the panty...but...then again, you've got let the guy do a little more work, than just lifting the skirt.

Easy access?

Kinky.

[Image: jMqgmzd.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-12-2015, 02:25 AM
(30-12-2015 01:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 07:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My monitor isn't very clear. How is she wearing the garter wrong?

The whole point of wearing a garter is essy access...so much easier than pantyhose.

(30-11-2015 10:27 AM)quoin Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch with the pain and falling. There are times when I wish we could adjust gravity so it wasn't so darn consistent.

Take care.

It's amazing what one learns on TTA forum. Smile

Thanks mum. Next time I wear them I'll remember your instructions. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 07:38 AM
(29-12-2015 06:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 05:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Okay... this lady would, I assume, be considered by many to be overweight, or put more crudely, fat.

[Image: 176e97b3443c49d60f4d3b9c0e69744a.jpg]

I find her extremely attractive, and love her curvy bits. Comments?

Aside from the fact she's wearing the garter wrong...

Drinking Beverage

Do I detect envy here?
30-12-2015, 07:58 AM
(29-12-2015 12:35 PM)claywise Wrote:  Cranky because of a fever, I spent some time yesterday getting irritated with the "fat acceptance" movement. As with a recent post about trans issues and skepticism, I'm probably putting my foot in it, but.....

First, only dicks mock or mistreat in any way individual humans because of some physical trait, whether it's skin color, physical condition, or whatever.

But I find that when "fat acceptance" types get rolling, they often descend into pseudo-science and nonsense.

While all cases are individual, it isn't really true that one can be "healthy at any weight," at least according to the overwhelming consensus of science.

But my favorite is when people insist that they carefully watch calories and exercise, but dadgummit, they still can't lose weight, then offer various reasons, ranging from genetic "set points" (no validity in the science) to hormonal imbalances and so on.

If their excuses were valid, they would violate basic physics. Let X = a person's weight; a = calorie intake in some defined period of time; b = calories burned in the same period of time (or, to put it simply, energy in and energy out). If a/b > 1, X will, over time, increase; if a/b < 1, X will decrease.

I have experienced shifting metabolism during a 500-mile hike and running long races. But in the end, it's governed by the above, and bullshit about personal metabolism rates isn't valid.

Losing weight and keeping it off is hard. Here's another equation: a = desire to lose weight; b = ability to withstand discomforts and effort of losing weight. If a/b > 1, the person will lose weight; if a/b < 1 he or she won't.

Or am I just a big ol' goddamn meanie?

There are a ton of invisible diseases that can contribute to being overweight, like ones that restrict movement such as asthma, ones that dictate diet such as Crohn's, as well as Lyme disease, multiple sclerosis and many, many others.

People with these diseases may look perfectly healthy but be prevented from exercise or live on restricted diets that have to be selected on criteria different from calories or carbs.

Various foods can also be an addiction just as powerful as drugs.

Yes, people make up excuses for just indulging themselves, but they also hide these diseases routinely (or they don't just dominate your life but also your relationships).

It is perfectly fine to feel attraction or not based on looks, that's part of the human condition. Indiscriminately blaming people for looking a certain way is however not acceptable IMO. You never know what another person is going through.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
30-12-2015, 07:58 AM
If everybody looked the same - life would be very, very boring.....

And, if everyone were attracted to the same thing, very few people would ever get lucky.

That's why we all look different. Different size, weight, color -- it's an evolved survival trait.

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-12-2015, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 08:38 AM by Mr. Boston.)
It's interesting to note how the standard for female beauty changes over time - it's essentially tied to the appearance of youth and prosperity. For hundreds of years (look at the "Rubenesque" nudes up through the mid 20th Century) the image of youth, health, and prosperity was a plump, rosy cheeked woman with child-bearing hips. This was the standard because only the wealthy had enough food to attain this shape, and when infant mortality was so high the appearance of fertility and having suitable girth to bear children were considered more attractive. It's only in fairly recent times that things have shifted. Now, in the Western world anyway, the beauty standard still mimics the appearance of health and wealth but our concept of what that looks like has changed. These days, in a time of relative abundance, being "overweight" is something that's associated with the lower classes because high corn syrup, high calorie, processed-food diets are the more affordable option so it's generally the poor and unhealthy people who we associate with being overweight - prosperous and healthy people are trim and toned because they have the resources to eat fresh healthy foods and the time to spend in the gym or doing yoga or what have you. Being thin is the way one reflects a prosperous life of luxury in the 21st century.

Generally I'm behind the "body image positivity" movement. I think people SHOULD be happy in their own skin and not feel ashamed of who they are if they don't live up to some unrealistic photo-shopped fashion magazine ideal. I also think that some people who are technically overweight can be in very good health and others who are skinny can be in terrible shape. That said, there also has to be room in our discourse for family and friends and medical professionals to raise legitimate health concerns for people who are overweight without them feeling "shamed" or feeling like their weight is a part of their identity that they're being criticized or judged over.

I think it's very true that many people can have a food addiction. This is unlike other addictions in the sense that, while many people freely accept alcoholism or opioid addiction as a "disease" most people still regard food addiction as a lifestyle choice, and an indication of laziness or low self-esteem or a lack of will power. Obesity is also impossible to hide, whereas drug or alcohol or gambling addictions can often times go undetected by casual acquaintances or strangers on the street, at least for a time. And of course it IS possible with the right kind of help and a strong support system for a drunk to kick booze or a junky to get off the smack; they CAN change their lifestyle to one that avoids these substances altogether. But a food-addicted person can not quit eating, they MUST have a daily relationship with their drug of choice and do their best to make it a more healthy relationship. I think many of us, whether it's conscious or not, have a problem with fat people over other types of people with addiction because they wear their addiction on their bodies, it's impossible to gloss over it's impossible for us to have any denial about, so we use them as scapegoats for our distaste with the concept of addiction in general.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
30-12-2015, 09:06 AM
People are obsessed with looks in this culture and if people don't measure up they are considered ugly or undesirable. We have been conditioned by magazines, tv shows, movies, the fashion industry, etc. that there is only one way to look.

I used to be really skinny. I also modeled in high school. I am 5'6'' and at the time weighed 105 lbs. My modeling agency told me I needed to lose 5 more pounds. I was already underweight as it was. This is the mentality of these places. They are factories for cranking out an impossible ideal. I used to work out like crazy and be obsessive about what I ate to try and fit that ideal. I was miserable. Now I workout moderately, have more of a Sofia Vergara toned curves shape, I enjoy food, and I'm happy.

My point is, people in our culture have developed an unhealthy obsession with food, whether it's overeating or undereating. We keep trying to measure up to this societally imposed bar of perfection--by continuing to fat shame others we are perpetuating society's obsession with body image and food.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-12-2015, 09:45 AM
(30-12-2015 08:20 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  It's interesting to note how the standard for female beauty changes over time - it's essentially tied to the appearance of youth and prosperity. For hundreds of years (look at the "Rubenesque" nudes up through the mid 20th Century) the image of youth, health, and prosperity was a plump, rosy cheeked woman with child-bearing hips. This was the standard because only the wealthy had enough food to attain this shape, and when infant mortality was so high the appearance of fertility and having suitable girth to bear children were considered more attractive. It's only in fairly recent times that things have shifted. Now, in the Western world anyway, the beauty standard still mimics the appearance of health and wealth but our concept of what that looks like has changed. These days, in a time of relative abundance, being "overweight" is something that's associated with the lower classes because high corn syrup, high calorie, processed-food diets are the more affordable option so it's generally the poor and unhealthy people who we associate with being overweight - prosperous and healthy people are trim and toned because they have the resources to eat fresh healthy foods and the time to spend in the gym or doing yoga or what have you. Being thin is the way one reflects a prosperous life of luxury in the 21st century.

Generally I'm behind the "body image positivity" movement. I think people SHOULD be happy in their own skin and not feel ashamed of who they are if they don't live up to some unrealistic photo-shopped fashion magazine ideal. I also think that some people who are technically overweight can be in very good health and others who are skinny can be in terrible shape. That said, there also has to be room in our discourse for family and friends and medical professionals to raise legitimate health concerns for people who are overweight without them feeling "shamed" or feeling like their weight is a part of their identity that they're being criticized or judged over.

I think it's very true that many people can have a food addiction. This is unlike other addictions in the sense that, while many people freely accept alcoholism or opioid addiction as a "disease" most people still regard food addiction as a lifestyle choice, and an indication of laziness or low self-esteem or a lack of will power. Obesity is also impossible to hide, whereas drug or alcohol or gambling addictions can often times go undetected by casual acquaintances or strangers on the street, at least for a time. And of course it IS possible with the right kind of help and a strong support system for a drunk to kick booze or a junky to get off the smack; they CAN change their lifestyle to one that avoids these substances altogether. But a food-addicted person can not quit eating, they MUST have a daily relationship with their drug of choice and do their best to make it a more healthy relationship. I think many of us, whether it's conscious or not, have a problem with fat people over other types of people with addiction because they wear their addiction on their bodies, it's impossible to gloss over it's impossible for us to have any denial about, so we use them as scapegoats for our distaste with the concept of addiction in general.
The general idea of a beautiful woman definitely changes from time period to time period (and culture to culture).

Fresh veggies are relatively cheap, so if you learn to cook with them it isn't too expensive. Certain cuts of meat are very cheap too. Fruit can be pretty expensive per pound, but not prohibitively so. I don't think it's too hard to eat healthy on a tight budget. You just have to do home cooking, and not from cans or boxes.

I am probably addicted to food. I love food and can't help myself from eating whatever is put in front of me. I will overeat if I let myself. My own health is one of the reasons I try to keep sweets out of the house and never eat out. If I stopped caring(ate whatever I wanted), I would gain 50 pounds. Not exaggerating. And even gaining 10 pounds makes me feel sluggish and much less mobile.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post