Putting my foot in it again - fat acceptance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: Putting my foot in it again - fat acceptance
(30-12-2015 11:22 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 10:45 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have a very weird thing. I really don't care about food. Do you remember the movie Christmas Story and the little brother who never ate? I was that kid.

If I could simply take a pill and get eating over with I'd prefer that. I loathe cooking and everything about it but I wasn't raised eating junk food so I'm more apt to eat an apple because all you do is pick it up and eat it. I don't cut lettuce up all nice and toss it in a bowl. I grab a handful of romaine leaves, wash it, eat it like a rabbit. I really, really, really hate any kind of cooking or food preparation. I think the only thing I'd miss if I took a pill instead of eating food is chocolate. I'd miss chocolate.
Gosh, I had a friend in college like you. She told me once if she didn't HAVE to eat to survive she wouldn't. It's a totally foreign outlook to me. Honestly food and sex are pretty close to being equal forms of pleasure. Food might edge sex out actually.

Are you sure you aren't just eating sucky food? Tongue

I just don't have a food language in my brain or something. I'm oblivious to food. When I was 4 years old my parents didn't think I would live through the year because I didn't eat and it's not like I was forcing myself to not eat. I just didn't care. I was more interested in making a castle with the mashed potatoes than eating them. I'd take green beans and make stick figures with them on the plate and have them in a running pose or flying or something else. I simply spent dinner playing with my food. Even cake, we hardly ever had cake, but even cake was a play thing. Go figure.

I'm very puzzled by the Food Thread that's been going on and I try like hell to get involved in posting stuff about food but truthfully, I really don't give a shit.

I actually didn't even realize how odd I am until recently. I may donate my brain to science when I die to see what gives.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2015, 12:06 PM
(30-12-2015 11:59 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 11:22 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Gosh, I had a friend in college like you. She told me once if she didn't HAVE to eat to survive she wouldn't. It's a totally foreign outlook to me. Honestly food and sex are pretty close to being equal forms of pleasure. Food might edge sex out actually.

I just don't have a food language in my brain or something. I'm oblivious to food. When I was 4 years old my parents didn't think I would live through the year because I didn't eat and it's not like I was forcing myself to not eat. I just didn't care. I was more interested in making a castle with the mashed potatoes than eating them. I'd take green beans and make stick figures with them on the plate and have them in a running pose or flying or something else. I simply spent dinner playing with my food. Even cake, we hardly ever had cake, but even cake was a play thing. Go figure.

I'm very puzzled by the Food Thread that's been going on and I try like hell to get involved in posting stuff about food but truthfully, I really don't give a shit.

I actually didn't even realize how odd I am until recently. I may donate my brain to science when I die to see what gives.

I am glad there is another non-food person around...the what did you eat today thread is so long that I am shocked. Sometimes days go by and I barely eat anything. Watching people at work is so odd to me when I see how they are already planning what they are going to have for lunch as soon as they arrive in the morning. I seldom take a lunch break.

If I start getting shaky I stop to think back to the last time I ate. Then, if it's bad enough I get something to eat but that may be once every other week.

I do enjoy cooking Thanksgiving dinner because I do it well. Going to the grocery store is misery to me. I don't know what to buy, I don't know what the hell I want to eat for the next week...hell, the last two weeks I have been surviving mainly on Chex Mix.

I do not live to eat...but now and then I have to eat in order to stay alive.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-12-2015, 12:09 PM
(30-12-2015 11:59 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 11:22 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Gosh, I had a friend in college like you. She told me once if she didn't HAVE to eat to survive she wouldn't. It's a totally foreign outlook to me. Honestly food and sex are pretty close to being equal forms of pleasure. Food might edge sex out actually.

You don't like my Food thread Weeping Tongue Laugh out load

I don't think everyone's a foodie. My sister is not big into food either. I remember watching a show with Anderson Cooper and he was saying the same thing, that food is just "meh" to him. In some ways, you are lucky because you must never have to worry about your weight. Since I consider myself a foodie, I have to be careful not to order everything on the menu Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-12-2015, 12:10 PM
(30-12-2015 07:38 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 06:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Aside from the fact she's wearing the garter wrong...

Drinking Beverage

Do I detect envy here?

No, it's a fact I explained later in this thread. Her garter is on wrong.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-12-2015, 12:11 PM
(30-12-2015 11:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 10:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I prefer no junk in the house, then when you go out for an ice cream etc. it's more of a treat.

Ice cream is not junk food. Shocking

There is always ice cream in my freezer. Yes
I love Tillamook ice cream. I try to buy a container of Tillamook every month.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
30-12-2015, 12:17 PM
(30-12-2015 12:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You don't like my Food thread Weeping Tongue Laugh out load

I don't think everyone's a foodie. My sister is not big into food either. I remember watching a show with Anderson Cooper and he was saying the same thing, that food is just "meh" to him. In some ways, you are lucky because you must never have to worry about your weight. Since I consider myself a foodie, I have to be careful not to order everything on the menu Hobo

I am not a foodie either; there are a few things that I like and a few that I hate but for the most part eating is just a necessary chore and one food is pretty much as good as another. On the other hand, I am ALWAYS hungry. Even after eating a big meal the hunger is still there. Whatever mechanism shuts of hunger pangs is obviously broken so I have to be constantly on guard and buy only what I need for a day or two at a time.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-12-2015, 12:18 PM
(30-12-2015 12:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 11:59 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I just don't have a food language in my brain or something. I'm oblivious to food. When I was 4 years old my parents didn't think I would live through the year because I didn't eat and it's not like I was forcing myself to not eat. I just didn't care. I was more interested in making a castle with the mashed potatoes than eating them. I'd take green beans and make stick figures with them on the plate and have them in a running pose or flying or something else. I simply spent dinner playing with my food. Even cake, we hardly ever had cake, but even cake was a play thing. Go figure.

I am glad there is another non-food person around...the what did you eat today thread is so long that I am shocked. Sometimes days go by and I barely eat anything. Watching people at work is so odd to me when I see how they are already planning what they are going to have for lunch as soon as they arrive in the morning. I seldom take a lunch break.

If I start getting shaky I stop to think back to the last time I ate. Then, if it's bad enough I get something to eat but that may be once every other week.

I do enjoy cooking Thanksgiving dinner because I do it well. Going to the grocery store is misery to me. I don't know what to buy, I don't know what the hell I want to eat for the next week...hell, the last two weeks I have been surviving mainly on Chex Mix.

My younger son is like that. Right now, he's working on trying to gain a little weight -- so he's trying to eat 3 meals a day. It's a struggle because he just doesn't think about food.

30-12-2015, 12:40 PM
(30-12-2015 12:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 11:59 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I just don't have a food language in my brain or something. I'm oblivious to food. When I was 4 years old my parents didn't think I would live through the year because I didn't eat and it's not like I was forcing myself to not eat. I just didn't care. I was more interested in making a castle with the mashed potatoes than eating them. I'd take green beans and make stick figures with them on the plate and have them in a running pose or flying or something else. I simply spent dinner playing with my food. Even cake, we hardly ever had cake, but even cake was a play thing. Go figure.

Yeah, Thanksgiving is nice and everything but I'm more interested in the white Irish linen tablecloth we have and setting the table with our nice crystal and place settings. Too bad people have to come along and mess it all up by eating at the table .Angry I actually keep the fancy tablecloth, the candles and centerpiece on the table for several days afterwards because it's so pretty and it gives this joint a little class, for a while anyway.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-12-2015, 12:52 PM
(30-12-2015 12:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am glad there is another non-food person around...the what did you eat today thread is so long that I am shocked. Sometimes days go by and I barely eat anything. Watching people at work is so odd to me when I see how they are already planning what they are going to have for lunch as soon as they arrive in the morning. I seldom take a lunch break.

Yeah, Thanksgiving is nice and everything but I'm more interested in the white Irish linen tablecloth we have and setting the table with our nice crystal and place settings. Too bad people have to come along and mess it all up by eating at the table .Angry I actually keep the fancy tablecloth, the candles and centerpiece on the table for several days afterwards because it's so pretty and it gives this joint a little class, for a while anyway.

Oh I'm that way too. In fact, the table was set for thanksgiving a week or more before the holiday, just because. Then for Christmas it was set again, even though we knew we wouldn't be using it. I've got a gorgeous lace tablecloth tho, I won't let anyone eat off....lmao. My family are slobs...

Honestly, I love the look of a nicely set table...it doesn't matter if it's our fancy dining room table or the kitchen table we eat 99% of the meals from...there's usually a tablecloth and I've got a thing for cloth napkins.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-12-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 07:50 PM by jennybee.)
(30-12-2015 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, Thanksgiving is nice and everything but I'm more interested in the white Irish linen tablecloth we have and setting the table with our nice crystal and place settings. Too bad people have to come along and mess it all up by eating at the table .Angry I actually keep the fancy tablecloth, the candles and centerpiece on the table for several days afterwards because it's so pretty and it gives this joint a little class, for a while anyway.

Oh I'm that way too. In fact, the table was set for thanksgiving a week or more before the holiday, just because. Then for Christmas it was set again, even though we knew we wouldn't be using it. I've got a gorgeous lace tablecloth tho, I won't let anyone eat off....lmao. My family are slobs...

Honestly, I love the look of a nicely set table...it doesn't matter if it's our fancy dining room table or the kitchen table we eat 99% of the meals from...there's usually a tablecloth and I've got a thing for cloth napkins.

See this is where I feel like I have a chip missing Tongue I am so not into decorating things. I like a nice house and I like to decorate that in order to make it like a sanctuary when I come home from work--but table cloths and cloth napkins--I don't do that. I do have a candle centerpiece and I use some nice plates, but that's really the extent of my holiday decorating. I do put up a holiday tree and sometimes some white lights outside, but that's really it. I grew up with my mom going all out for holidays, she would put expensive chocolates on everyone's plates and do the whole gourmet fancy shmancy dinner party thing. I like to keep things casual. I do think table linens look nice though--just not for me.