Pyramid Scheme?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Pyramid Scheme?
Selling goods as part of the structure makes it a multi-level-marketing scheme. In other words, it manages to evade the definition of a pyramid scheme and therefore remain legal.

How do you tell if your friend is into Amway?
You: Is it Amway?
Friend: No, it's not Amway!

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
16-11-2014, 11:48 PM
(12-11-2014 01:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  "No one with an actual get-rich-quick scheme is going to share it with others, unless sharing the scheme with others is how they get rich".

I love this.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2015, 01:18 AM
Just a little update for everyone:

My buddy has figured out that the whole thing is a scam. He's not come right out and told me this, mind you. He wouldn't. As I said, he's much too arrogant and cherishes his pride far too much to admit to me when he's been wrong. But, he's figured it out. At first, he stopped talking about "the business" altogether. He said no word of it for quite a while, and then one day, I asked him why he hadn't been attending their weekly cult "motivational meetings" at a local hotel. His explanation was sort of haphazard in its construct, but he basically said that he's grown tired of them and that he needs to set out on his own. Later, his "sponsor" tried calling him. Instead of leaping at the phone like he usually does, he simply looked at it, scoffed slightly, rolled his eyes and let it go to voicemail. This happened on two other occasions and his explanation was that he "wasn't in the mood to talk to him." (He's since removed the contact entirely) Days later, he started applying for a second job.

Because I know how my buddy thinks, the real kicker became obvious when he changed his online product purchases so that he now buys from his own store, rather than directly from the company itself. He likes the products, and now he essentially puts money into his own pocket while he buys stuff from his online selection - rather than forking over hundreds of dollars to the actual company in exchange for the product. Knowing him the way I do, this seems to be a sort of retaliation against the company that duped him. He's been made a fool far too many times in his life, and I know that he'd find a subtle, clever way of bending them over and fucking them right back. He's doing so gloriously. Laughat

So, I think he gets the hint. He'll never say it...he's much too prideful for that. But he gets it. Thumbsup One day, far down the road, we'll be sitting around having some drinks and I'll tell him I figured out that he knows I was right. He'll deny it, of course. He'll scoff and tell me that it was part of his plan the whole time and that he was always in control. But I'll know. And somewhere, deep down inside, he'll know that I know. And I'll smile as I continue to sip my beer. Wink

My only worry now is that they'll catch on to his little revenge plot, at which point, he could end up owing them a lot of money anyway. It's whatever, though. That ball is in his court. At least he figured out the bullshit for what it is.

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
07-01-2015, 04:29 AM
Just wondering, is this the same buddy you mentioned in another thread?
The guy who is suddenly in a hurry to skip town?
Find all posts by this user
09-01-2015, 11:38 PM
(07-01-2015 04:29 AM)pablo Wrote:  Just wondering, is this the same buddy you mentioned in another thread?
The guy who is suddenly in a hurry to skip town?

...That's a fine point you've got, there. lol

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post