@ Q

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2015, 11:02 AM
@ Q
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid733139

(February 4th, 2015 11:15 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:
1) the adherent is misunderstanding the scripture 2) over time, as has happened many times before, eventually scientists will reach a new understanding and change the science to match the scriptures.

Cite one scientific paper that somewhere in it credits scripture as a source. You claim there are many, cite one you lying, ignorant, disingenuous, pompous, misguided, mendacious, duplicitous, 3rd person talking woo-peddler.

One.

One peer-reviewed paper crediting scripture as a source of new understanding.

I swear I will dog you all over this forum until you either provide one, in which case I will eat my words, or you retract your unsupported assertion.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Full Circle's post
09-02-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: @ Q
(09-02-2015 11:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid733139

1) the adherent is misunderstanding the scripture 2) over time, as has happened many times before, eventually scientists will reach a new understanding and change the science to match the scriptures.

Cite one scientific paper that somewhere in it credits scripture as a source. You claim there are many, cite one you lying, ignorant, disingenuous, pompous, misguided, mendacious, duplicitous, 3rd person talking woo-peddler.

One.

I swear I will dog you all over this forum until you either provide one, in which case I will eat my words, or you retract your unsupported assertion.

It's time to sic the dobermans on him. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 8 users Like TheInquisition's post
09-02-2015, 11:15 AM
(09-02-2015 11:05 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 11:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid733139

One.

It's time to sic the dobermans on him. Thumbsup

FC grabbed a torch and a pitchfork while I was still getting them ready.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
09-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I'm in a pitchfork and torching mood with this one.

Throws out outrageous shit thinking no one will insist on a citation.

I want a fucking citation Q!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Perhaps we have to wait for it to happen so he can report it.....

I got the feeling it's gonna be like a visit to the Department of Motor Vehicles... On Monday... After a week long power outage. And you're late for work..............

"Now serving #3"

and your ticket number is triple digit.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Can we sticky this? Way to go FC. Bowing

Edit: To Q, if you do happen to do this, I will happily embrace it as long as it is honest. I read scientific papers on a daily basis. My bar is high and I hold all papers to this standard.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
09-02-2015, 11:53 AM
[1) the adherent is misunderstanding the scripture 2) over time, as has happened many times before, eventually scientists will reach a new understanding and change the science to match the scriptures.]

God spoke to me last night and he gave me a new understanding that the 10 reactions of glycolysis are really coded for in the bible in the 10 commandments. Wait, there are two sets of ten commandments in the bible. God can you please add more clarification?
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
09-02-2015, 12:03 PM
(09-02-2015 11:05 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It's time to sic the dobermans on him. Thumbsup

More like a shark or a piranha in this case!
Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
09-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Does challenging Q really carry any sort of point? He'll be all slippery, claim some bullshit and still feel superior to us.

That said, it is entertaining to read.
09-02-2015, 12:17 PM
I have just this to say : http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH100_1.html

Claim CH100.1:
All scientific observations must be interpreted in light of Scripture.
Source:
Morris, John D. 1996. ICR, for such a time as this. Back to Genesis 87a (Mar.). http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=arti...iew&ID=798
Response:

Evolution is already compatible with Scripture, according to many religions (NCSE n.d.).

Interpreting science according to Scripture would require that all scientists and science instructors have extensive theology training. It would further require that they all agree on the proper biblical exegesis. Creationists may find these requirements not only excessive, but also dangerous, since the interpretation of Scripture which the scientists come to accept could easily disagree with their own.

Links:
NCSE. n.d. Voices for evolution. http://www.ncseweb.org/article.asp?category=2