Q&A with Raptor Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
26-11-2013, 02:39 PM
RE: Q&A with Raptor Jesus
(26-11-2013 07:49 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What evidence besides sensory input do you accept? For example, scientists inform us there are ranges of sight and sound unknown with the unaided eye or ear.

Those things do not actually lay outside of our ability to sense them. We create devices to extend our senses so that we can perceive them. I cannot make my eyes focus better than a hawks, but I can make lenses that do the job for me, and then I can see much farther than a hawk. My own eyes only see the same distance, in this case to the back of the binoculars, but I created a device to that does the same job. I cannot see ultra violate light, but I can create a device that does, and represents it in a way that I can understand.

I can’t see the infrared light that shines on that little bulb at the end of my remote control, but I can point it at my cell phone camera when pressing the buttons on the remote. My cell phone camera will pick up the light that my naked eye cannot perceive, and express it as information on the screen that my eye can then perceive. Go ahead, try it, it's a fairly simple little experiment. If you don’t have reason to know that you can trust that the light is actually coming out of that bulb, then try that experiment. If you still say there is no way we can sense things “outside” of our senses, then give that a try, and tell me, that there is know way we can know of things, like light, that falls outside of the range of sight of the unaided eye.

Is the cell phone broken? is it simply randomly producing an image of light directly on that bulb, right when you press the remote button, but it's just coincidence, and there is no way we can know that is really happening outside of our own senses? Are we not using our own senses to sense the light we see on the cell phone screen? Does that not count as evidence? The more you test it, the more you sense it with your eyes, the more proof you have that it is actually happening...the more proof you have that it is real. Now simply expand that to the rest of science.

We can have knowledge of things "outside of our senses", and we do. You know we can and do, and you know how we can and do. So what’s your point? I don't really need to explain to you things you learned when you were five years old, do I? I'm certain I don't.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 03:15 PM
(25-11-2013 05:08 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Are those sensory systems confined to that which is objectively observable?
e.g.
Sight
Sound
Touch
Audio
Smell

No actually. We have a lot more senses than simply five.
We have a sense of gravity. We are always able to tell which direction the most mass is located relative to us, as long as it’s massive enough, and close enough. We can sense that it’s down. But if the earth was instantly on the other side of us, (above us, or we were instantly on the other side of the earth without our changing our position relative to it) we would be able to sense the greatest pull of gravity was above us, even with our eyes closed, and we’d feel upside down.

We can sense heat. That sounds like a sense of touch, and it’s related, but it’s actually an ability to sense a change in kinetic energy on the molecular level. When we feel the kinetic energy go up, we perceive it as warming, when we feel the kinetic energy go down, we perceive it as cooling.

We have a sense of pressure. Again, related to touch, but a specific sense.

We can sense how much carbon dioxide we have in our lungs. When carbon dioxide levels go up in our lungs, our bodies alert our brain, and cause us to attempt to find more oxygen. If we breathed nothing but 100% pure nitrogen, our lungs would have no idea, and think we are breathing normal air, because our lungs never evolved the need to know how much nitrogen is in them, as its not a situation our ancestors would have had to worry about while hunting and gathering. Too much co2 and we could die, or pass out (ran too long and hard, and short on oxygen in the blood). 100% nitrogen would kill us too, because of the lack of oxygen, but it’s specifically co2 that our lungs can sense. It’s assumed, by our bodies, and evolution, that if there is not too much co2 in there, there should be enough oxygen.

We have a sense of time. It’s actually very good, but yes, it is a sense, we can sense the passage of time…it is a sense.

We have a sense of proprioception, which it the sense of where our body parts are relative to other body parts. This is not the sense of touch. As without the sense of proprioception, we could still feel, but we would not know where we were feeling the perception. It would all be a ball for feeling, with no location, and nothing perception of anything as outside of our bodies. There would be know reason to know that we don’t feel everything, and nothing is outside of us, but we would also have no sense of our own location sensory wise. They’ve taken patches of cells that would develop into part of the skin of the belly of a still developing tadpole embryo, and attached the cells that would develop into belly skin cells to the tadpole’s back. When the tadpole finished developing and grow to be a frog, it reacted, when touched on that pad of skin on it’s back, as though it was being touched on it’s belly because the nerves to the belly still found their way to the belly tissue on the frog’s back, making it feel as thought it was on it’s stomach. Proprioception does not come automatically with a sense of touch, it evolved for better spatial awareness.

And there are still a lot more. It is far more complicated than simply five senses.

26-11-2013, 04:46 PM
(26-11-2013 02:39 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 07:49 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What evidence besides sensory input do you accept? For example, scientists inform us there are ranges of sight and sound unknown with the unaided eye or ear.

I can’t see the infrared light that shines on that little bulb at the end of my remote control, but I can point it at my cell phone camera when pressing the buttons on the remote. My cell phone camera will pick up the light that my naked eye cannot perceive, and express it as information on the screen that my eye can then perceive.
I never knew this before and just tried it out. So coolBig Grin It's like a pale purple.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
26-11-2013, 09:48 PM
(26-11-2013 04:46 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I never knew this before and just tried it out. So coolBig Grin It's like a pale purple.

Or is it.......... Sleepy

27-11-2013, 05:53 AM
I thought this was a Q&A with the real Raptor Jesus. I'm disappointed.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
27-11-2013, 06:35 AM
(27-11-2013 05:53 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I thought this was a Q&A with the real Raptor Jesus. I'm disappointed.

Don't mock, he went extinct for your sins! Sleepy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-11-2013, 07:29 AM

Irrelevant. There are tools for detection. Microscopes, telescopes, gamma ray detection devices. "Unaided eyes" are irrelevant. Can you "see" X-rays ?
What tools are there to detect Jebus ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-11-2013, 07:44 AM
(27-11-2013 07:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...

Consider

We can try using a suspectrometer

Dodgy

27-11-2013, 08:07 AM
(27-11-2013 07:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 07:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...

Consider

We can try using a suspectrometer

Dodgy

Well, he'll be coming back from the dead, right? Why not a P.K.E. meter? Consider

[Image: PKEMetermoviebio.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
27-11-2013, 08:43 AM
(27-11-2013 05:53 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I thought this was a Q&A with the real Raptor Jesus. I'm disappointed.

Boom! Now I'm totally answering as the real Raptor Jesus. I was just pretending to be a normal guy before to fit in, because I didn't think you'd be ready for my message unless I sent myself back in a form humans could understand...an internet forum avatar.

Now go and spread the word of the second coming of Raptor Jesus...RAWR!!!

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post