Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-10-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(25-10-2013 12:42 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 12:36 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  So which human invented Odin?

Now I want to watch How To Train Your Dragon!

Oh, hey toothless.... Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
25-10-2013, 01:25 AM
So the plow is not a human invention, since we don't know who invented it ? The spear ? The digging stick ? I suppose God gave all those things to us at the dawn of civilization ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Can I ask on Hinduism?
25-10-2013, 01:44 AM
(25-10-2013 12:36 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 12:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  It matters because knowing who invented God substantiates your claim that God is a human invention.

I say Russel invented the Celestial Teapot, that is a verifiable fact. You say God is a human invention, that is an assertion without base.

So which human invented Odin?

Knowing which human invented Odin would be a cause to dismiss the existence of Odin(as a deity). You might have other reasons...but this is pretty good.

Chippy asks why not endorse the Celestial Teapot instead of God? Well the answer is its obvious to Triple T(the thinking theist)....the Celestial Teapot is a human invention. Triple T doesn't know his God is a human invention. His God is the God he feels must exist.
25-10-2013, 01:47 AM
(25-10-2013 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  So the plow is not a human invention, since we don't know who invented it ? The spear ? The digging stick ? I suppose God gave all those things to us at the dawn of civilization ?

I'm not saying it was aliens....but it could have been.
25-10-2013, 02:09 AM
(25-10-2013 01:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  So the plow is not a human invention, since we don't know who invented it ? The spear ? The digging stick ? I suppose God gave all those things to us at the dawn of civilization ?

I'm not saying it was aliens....but it could have been.

A theory that has as much evidence behind it as God.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-10-2013, 02:20 AM
(25-10-2013 01:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Chippy asks why not endorse the Celestial Teapot instead of God? Well the answer is its obvious to Triple T(the thinking theist)....the Celestial Teapot is a human invention. Triple T doesn't know his God is a human invention. His God is the God he feels must exist.

Yes but the Celestial Teapot could also be TTT's God by coincidence. The Celestial Teapot is a quadripartite deity, being composed of the Vessel, the Wetness, the Heat and the Leaves. The Heat has been known to provide gifts of insight so Russell may well have been moved my the Heat of the Celestial Teapot to propose the Celestial Teapot in the first place. The Celestial Teapot's ways are a μυστήριον so we can never be sure of these things. The Tea of the Celestial Teapot rains on theist and atheist alike. Everyone has a teacup shape hole in their soul and that hole contains an empty teacup which can only be filled by the Celestial Teapot.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chippy's post
25-10-2013, 03:10 AM
(25-10-2013 02:20 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Yes but the Celestial Teapot could also be TTT's God by coincidence. The Celestial Teapot is a quadripartite deity, being composed of the Vessel, the Wetness, the Heat and the Leaves. The Heat has been known to provide gifts of insight so Russell may well have been moved my the Heat of the Celestial Teapot to propose the Celestial Teapot in the first place. The Celestial Teapot's ways are a μυστήριον so we can never be sure of these things. The Tea of the Celestial Teapot rains on theist and atheist alike. Everyone has a teacup shape hole in their soul and that hole contains an empty teacup which can only be filled by the Celestial Teapot.

Its more likely you, like Russell did, are using the imagery of the Celestial Teapot to ridicule religious beliefs then it is the Celestial Teapot could be TTTs God by coincidence.

I hope you realize that is what is wrong with imagery like Celestial Teapots or Flying Speghetti Monsters....its so obvious they were created as tools of ridicule that its reasonable to conclude they couldn't be God.

The God TTT believes in is was not created as tool of ridicule....so your analogy is faulty in that respect.
25-10-2013, 03:33 AM
(25-10-2013 03:10 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Its more likely

So now since you've got around to evaluating probabilities you agree that it's fair that I can evaluate that it's more likely that God is a human invention. I hope you realize what's wrong with bullshit like Gods - it's so obvious that they were created as tools of ridicule.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-10-2013, 03:40 AM
(25-10-2013 03:10 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Its more likely you, like Russell did, are using the imagery of the Celestial Teapot to ridicule religious beliefs then it is the Celestial Teapot could be TTTs God by coincidence.

But we can never know if it isn't the Heat of the Celestial Teapot and its χάρισμα.

Quote:I hope you realize that is what is wrong with imagery like Celestial Teapots or Flying Speghetti Monsters....its so obvious they were created as tools of ridicule that its reasonable to conclude they couldn't be God.

FSM is obviously a false god with false prophets but the Celestial Teapot is hidden by the Tea Cosy but revealed by the Heat which we can feel through the shroud that is the Celestial Tea Cosy.

Quote:The God TTT believes in is was not created as tool of ridicule....so your analogy is faulty in that respect.

But the point is that Celestial Teapot is hidden by the Tea Cosy so you will only know the Celestial Teapot through the Heat. The Celestial Teapot could have been working through Russell, TTT and even me. We'll only understand everything at the Last Tea Party when the Tea Cosy is lifted and the blend of the Leaves is revealed and we then achieve γνῶσις.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post