Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-10-2013, 03:45 AM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(25-10-2013 03:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  So now since you've got around to evaluating probabilities you agree that it's fair that I can evaluate that it's more likely that God is a human invention.

I don't have a problem with you adopting that conclusion. TTT made his own evaluations and came to a different conclusion. Now getting back to why TTT presumably won't endorse the Celestial Teapot as Chippy asked him too....the answer is obvious to me. He has evaluated it as a human invented tool of ridicule. I could be wrong about what TTT has concluded but that is why I would reject it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2013, 06:40 AM
(25-10-2013 02:20 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 01:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Chippy asks why not endorse the Celestial Teapot instead of God? Well the answer is its obvious to Triple T(the thinking theist)....the Celestial Teapot is a human invention. Triple T doesn't know his God is a human invention. His God is the God he feels must exist.

Yes but the Celestial Teapot could also be TTT's God by coincidence. The Celestial Teapot is a quadripartite deity, being composed of the Vessel, the Wetness, the Heat and the Leaves. The Heat has been known to provide gifts of insight so Russell may well have been moved my the Heat of the Celestial Teapot to propose the Celestial Teapot in the first place. The Celestial Teapot's ways are a μυστήριον so we can never be sure of these things. The Tea of the Celestial Teapot rains on theist and atheist alike. Everyone has a teacup shape hole in their soul and that hole contains an empty teacup which can only be filled by the Celestial Teapot.

I refuse to answer such a ridiculous question obviously meant to insult me in a very non-intelligent manner. Also it's basically FSM.
25-10-2013, 06:42 AM
(25-10-2013 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  So the plow is not a human invention, since we don't know who invented it ? The spear ? The digging stick ? I suppose God gave all those things to us at the dawn of civilization ?

Nope. The first hoes and plows were probably used in Ancient Egypt around the 6th millennium BC. I suspect it was human ingenuity not God.
25-10-2013, 06:46 AM
(24-10-2013 11:35 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 02:41 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  The only exception I can think of is the WBC and Jihad.

Why are they exceptions? Merely because they aren't "nice" doesn't preclude them from having "spiritual" significance to those concerned.

Do you really think that they're spiritually satisfied? Ol' Freddie is brainwashing his family and turning them into a money making machine from lawsuits.
25-10-2013, 06:47 AM
(25-10-2013 12:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 11:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Because I know the Celestial Teapot is a human creation for the purpose of ridiculing belief in God.

I know that God is human invention for the purpose of ridiculing other humans Drinking Beverage

You're wrong, man. You're wrong. *says in hippy voice*

Lol!
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
25-10-2013, 07:20 AM
(25-10-2013 06:46 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 11:35 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Why are they exceptions? Merely because they aren't "nice" doesn't preclude them from having "spiritual" significance to those concerned.
Do you really think that they're spiritually satisfied? Ol' Freddie is brainwashing his family and turning them into a money making machine from lawsuits.

Do you find comfort in the notion that these aren't true theists, just as they find comfort in the same notion in reverse? Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
25-10-2013, 07:37 AM
(25-10-2013 07:20 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 06:46 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Do you really think that they're spiritually satisfied? Ol' Freddie is brainwashing his family and turning them into a money making machine from lawsuits.

Do you find comfort in the notion that these aren't true theists, just as they find comfort in the same notion in reverse? Wink

Huh Wait.... could you say that again? DO you mean do they take comfort in thinking I'm not a true theist?

Thanks!
25-10-2013, 07:45 AM
(25-10-2013 06:47 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 12:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  I know that God is human invention for the purpose of ridiculing other humans Drinking Beverage

You're wrong, man. You're wrong. *says in hippy voice*

Lol!

How do you know that morondog is wrong? There is strong evidence that
God does not exist.
25-10-2013, 08:06 AM
(25-10-2013 06:42 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  So the plow is not a human invention, since we don't know who invented it ? The spear ? The digging stick ? I suppose God gave all those things to us at the dawn of civilization ?

Nope. The first hoes and plows were probably used in Ancient Egypt around the 6th millennium BC. I suspect it was human ingenuity not God.

I think you might be onto something, Batman Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-10-2013, 08:08 AM
1.) If the Bible is the devine word of God and is accepted as 100% truth, why do all christians ignore much of it? I mean the laws in the OT are thrown out because of this new covenant, and the unpleaseant and degrading parts of the NT somehow not apllicable today? What gives?

2.) If god wanted to spread the word of the only offer for mankind's salvation, then why supposedly appear in a deprived, uneducated, and barbaric part of the World while other gods/scriptures were being worshiped in other parts of the globe?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —