Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-10-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(25-10-2013 09:17 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 08:11 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Read all my posts ya n00b!
I did. Perhaps you are overwhelmed with all the questions, but
you never refuted my evidence that God does not exist.

What was the evidence again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Is god indifferent in human matters or does he intervene? If so, why and how?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
25-10-2013, 09:29 AM
(25-10-2013 09:24 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Is god indifferent in human matters or does he intervene? If so, why and how?

Out of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the sentient peoples of the Multiverse, humanity is no exception to divine intervention. We do with what God gives us. God gives us existence. That's one thing to be thankful for. So, in a way, it depends on how you look at things. Since He is the sustainer, you could say he always intervenes. Also, you could argue, he doesn't intervene at all under the same argument of him being the sustainer.
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
25-10-2013, 09:40 AM
(25-10-2013 09:29 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 09:24 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Is god indifferent in human matters or does he intervene? If so, why and how?

Out of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the sentient peoples of the Multiverse, humanity is no exception to divine intervention. We do with what God gives us. God gives us existence. That's one thing to be thankful for. So, in a way, it depends on how you look at things. Since He is the sustainer, you could say he always intervenes. Also, you could argue, he doesn't intervene at all under the same argument of him being the sustainer.

Or not.

You have yet to present any evidence for the existence of a god.

Will you be doing so?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2013, 09:44 AM
What do you mean by sustainer?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
25-10-2013, 10:05 AM
(25-10-2013 09:44 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  What do you mean by sustainer?

He created and now sustains the universe(s).
25-10-2013, 10:08 AM
(25-10-2013 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 09:29 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Out of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the sentient peoples of the Multiverse, humanity is no exception to divine intervention. We do with what God gives us. God gives us existence. That's one thing to be thankful for. So, in a way, it depends on how you look at things. Since He is the sustainer, you could say he always intervenes. Also, you could argue, he doesn't intervene at all under the same argument of him being the sustainer.

Or not.

Will you be doing so?

Ineffability, my soon-to-be friend, is a topic I've discussed before. No evidence because the evidence is all around you, even in the banal and even in the terrifying. If you want evidence, go underneath a tree, drink no caffeine beforehand, and spend the entire night (eyes open) counting to 10, then starting over. It's the type of meditation that puts me in perfect harmony with everything. That's all I can really say.
25-10-2013, 10:09 AM
(25-10-2013 10:08 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Or not.

Will you be doing so?

Ineffability, my soon-to-be friend, is a topic I've discussed before. No evidence because the evidence is all around you, even in the banal and even in the terrifying. If you want evidence, go underneath a tree, drink no caffeine beforehand, and spend the entire night (eyes open) counting to 10, then starting over. It's the type of meditation that puts me in perfect harmony with everything. That's all I can really say.

So you have no evidence. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2013, 10:12 AM
(25-10-2013 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:08 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Ineffability, my soon-to-be friend, is a topic I've discussed before. No evidence because the evidence is all around you, even in the banal and even in the terrifying. If you want evidence, go underneath a tree, drink no caffeine beforehand, and spend the entire night (eyes open) counting to 10, then starting over. It's the type of meditation that puts me in perfect harmony with everything. That's all I can really say.

So you have no evidence. Drinking Beverage

I wish people would quit it with the coffee, (I'll save that for that rant thread Thumbsup )

Did I not just tell you how to acquire evidence, lazybones?
25-10-2013, 10:18 AM
(25-10-2013 10:12 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  So you have no evidence. Drinking Beverage

I wish people would quit it with the coffee, (I'll save that for that rant thread Thumbsup )

Did I not just tell you how to acquire evidence, lazybones?

No you didn't you made the same banal meaningless assertion you have from the beginning. Everything is evidence but God is ethereal and thus leaves no evidence. If you do not understand how that is the teapot argument you need to go and reread that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense