Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-10-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(25-10-2013 10:12 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  So you have no evidence. Drinking Beverage

I wish people would quit it with the coffee, (I'll save that for that rant thread Thumbsup )

Did I not just tell you how to acquire evidence, lazybones?

Whatever I gained through that absurd process, it wouldn't qualify as evidence. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-10-2013, 10:24 AM
(25-10-2013 10:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:12 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I wish people would quit it with the coffee, (I'll save that for that rant thread Thumbsup )

Did I not just tell you how to acquire evidence, lazybones?

No you didn't you made the same banal meaningless assertion you have from the beginning. Everything is evidence but God is ethereal and thus leaves no evidence. If you do not understand how that is the teapot argument you need to go and reread that.

Well, if you don't like the evidence, I hate to say this but:
too bad.

That's the evidence I have (though I don't need evidence for faith), and that's the instructions to get my religious experience (with the tree and all that).

What more do you need from me?
Find all posts by this user
25-10-2013, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2013 10:30 AM by ridethespiral.)
(25-10-2013 09:24 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 09:01 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Since you believe in an external god that in no way reacts with the physical world since the moment of creation, what would be the point of worshipping such a God? It should have no bearing on your fate either way.

I never said I worshiped God. I said I believed and appreciated and experienced his benevolence. Also he is wholly in and out of the multiveerse at the same time.

You seem bent on defending, asserting and/or justifying gods existence... Sounds like worship to me but for the sake of argument lets just say that it's not... Still why go out of your way to preach/defend/assert/argue on behalf of your world view?

Also you need to look up the word 'evidence' cause you seem to be confused on what constitutes it.

"No your honor the murder weapon was not MY GUN, it was a gun identical to my gun in every conceivable way that exists both inside and outside the universe which randomly kills people in my house. If you will just embrace the fact that I am innocent you will see all the evidence you could ever need to exonerate me."

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2013, 10:28 AM
(25-10-2013 10:25 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 09:24 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I never said I worshiped God. I said I believed and appreciated and experienced his benevolence. Also he is wholly in and out of the multiveerse at the same time.

You seem bent on defending, asserting and/or justifying gods existence... Sounds like worship to me but for the sake of argument lets just say that it's not... Still why go out of your way to preach/defend/assert/argue on behalf of your world view?

You want to hear the preaching; this thread was popular demand.
25-10-2013, 10:31 AM
(25-10-2013 10:24 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No you didn't you made the same banal meaningless assertion you have from the beginning. Everything is evidence but God is ethereal and thus leaves no evidence. If you do not understand how that is the teapot argument you need to go and reread that.

Well, if you don't like the evidence, I hate to say this but:
too bad.

That's the evidence I have (though I don't need evidence for faith), and that's the instructions to get my religious experience (with the tree and all that).

I need nothing from you, I really don't care about anyone's metaphysics as long as they do not try and force them on others or legislate their version of morality. However if you put your metaphysics up for a debate, as you have here I will discuss them and point out illogical irrational assertions and I expect the same of you when I posit my metaphysics. That is how you play this game. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Pfff...really? Black holes, exploding stars dead worlds, your god isn't sustaining very well. only concerned with the earth then? Things aren't so great here eitherTongue.
This is a metaphorical god right? Not literal? Whatever makes you feel good I guess...

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
25-10-2013, 10:47 AM
You won't get far saying stuff like this:
[Image: 87f5897d76aa5114bc1638af9278297b.png]

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
25-10-2013, 11:04 AM
(25-10-2013 10:31 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:24 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well, if you don't like the evidence, I hate to say this but:
too bad.

I need nothing from you, I really don't care about anyone's metaphysics as long as they do not try and force them on others or legislate their version of morality. However if you put your metaphysics up for a debate, as you have here I will discuss them and point out illogical irrational assertions and I expect the same of you when I posit my metaphysics. That is how you play this game. Drinking Beverage

Wait.... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

And what did I say about coffee! >Smile
25-10-2013, 11:05 AM
(25-10-2013 10:47 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You won't get far saying stuff like this:
[Image: 87f5897d76aa5114bc1638af9278297b.png]

Tongue I was VERY bored. Now I'm over my ears in questions that I'm finding harder and harder to answer.

May I say good work everyone, this is harder than I thought it would be!

Thumbsup
25-10-2013, 11:18 AM
(25-10-2013 11:04 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:31 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I need nothing from you, I really don't care about anyone's metaphysics as long as they do not try and force them on others or legislate their version of morality. However if you put your metaphysics up for a debate, as you have here I will discuss them and point out illogical irrational assertions and I expect the same of you when I posit my metaphysics. That is how you play this game. Drinking Beverage

Wait.... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

And what did I say about coffee! >Smile

I thought that was fairly concise and straightforward but what I meant was that was not meant as a personal attack and frankly I don't really care if you come over to my side of this debate (informal as it is) and this is not meant to be ganging up on you. This is what I do for entertainment, it is a game and there are rules to the game. Now if you ask me what my metaphysics are I will gladly lay them out and then if you see something wrong you are more than welcome to point that out.

As to the coffee smiley.

[Image: troll.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post