Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-10-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(25-10-2013 11:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 11:04 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Wait.... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

And what did I say about coffee! >Smile

As to the coffee smiley.

[Image: troll.jpg]

Good one. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2013, 01:32 PM
(25-10-2013 10:34 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Pfff...really? Black holes, exploding stars dead worlds, your god isn't sustaining very well. only concerned with the earth then? Things aren't so great here eitherTongue.
This is a metaphorical god right? Not literal? Whatever makes you feel good I guess...

Yes he is. That is the way things are supposed to happen, (with the stars and all that).

He's doing a perfect job.
25-10-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2013 02:07 PM by Free Thought.)
(25-10-2013 01:32 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:34 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Pfff...really? Black holes, exploding stars dead worlds, your god isn't sustaining very well. only concerned with the earth then? Things aren't so great here eitherTongue.
This is a metaphorical god right? Not literal? Whatever makes you feel good I guess...

Yes he is. That is the way things are supposed to happen, (with the stars and all that).

Perfect to you, maybe; but I would have preferred that your deity, if it existed, had endowed humans with better brains; bigger, and more powerful pre-frontal cortex, smaller and slightly weaker amygdala and so on, such that we would have been less susceptible to superstition, far more naturally inclined to rational thought and on the whole, more intelligent than what we are.
However that is nothing to be done about it now outside hoping that humans start breeding for intelligence, instead of assholery or dim-witted muscle in generations to come so that things might start working out, even though by the time that happens, I am sure I will be long dead.

Not to mention the problems of, entropy jacking everything up; potential heat-death of the universe among a myriad of other problems...

"Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man." -George Carlin.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-10-2013, 02:18 PM
(25-10-2013 01:32 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  He's doing a perfect job.

I'm sure he's delighted that you think so Wink Maybe in another aeon someone'll give him a gold star.

You seem to be saying something like 'the universe is intelligent, and that intelligence is what I call God' ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-10-2013, 02:20 PM
(25-10-2013 02:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 01:32 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Yes he is. That is the way things are supposed to happen, (with the stars and all that).

Perfect to you, maybe; but I would have preferred that your deity, if it existed, had endowed humans with better brains; bigger, and more powerful pre-frontal cortex, smaller and slightly weaker amygdala and so on, such that we would have been less susceptible to superstition, far more naturally inclined to rational thought and on the whole, more intelligent than what we are.
However that is nothing to be done about it now outside hoping that humans start breeding for intelligence, instead of assholery or dim-witted muscle in generations to come so that things might start working out, even though by the time that happens, I am sure I will be long dead.

Not to mention the problems of, entropy jacking everything up; potential heat-death of the universe among a myriad of other problems...

"Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man." -George Carlin.

"What is subject to origination is subject to cessation." -Shakyamuni Buddha

The universe is no exception. Seeing as quarks are probably the 3rd dimensional representations of 11th dimensional superstrings, Universes begin and end infinitely at every moment. Our universe just happens to work this way. It is the way of God.
25-10-2013, 02:21 PM
(25-10-2013 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 01:32 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  He's doing a perfect job.

I'm sure he's delighted that you think so Wink Maybe in another aeon someone'll give him a gold star.

You seem to be saying something like 'the universe is intelligent, and that intelligence is what I call God' ?

Eh- yeah. Let's put it like that.

Smile

Although my "evidence" seems to point he has some kind of consciousness.

Same difference IMHO
25-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Do you not think it's a bit crazy to use words like consciousness and intelligence and sentience and so forth when talking about a being which encompasses the whole universe ?

I'm pretty sure that whatever passed for thoughts in such a mind would be so far different from human thoughts that to apply such words is a bit of a stretch...

What makes you think 'he' has a consciousness ?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-10-2013, 02:30 PM
(25-10-2013 02:21 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  "evidence"

Tee hee Big Grin Now if we can get you to put quotes around "God"...

25-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(25-10-2013 09:24 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 09:17 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  I did. Perhaps you are overwhelmed with all the questions, but
you never refuted my evidence that God does not exist.

What was the evidence again?

I had this religious experience, this vision that the universe is awesome, and that God does not exist.
The evidence is right there for everyone to see and experience. One just has to be open to it.
[+] 2 users Like black_squirrel's post
25-10-2013, 02:41 PM
(25-10-2013 02:34 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  I had this religious experience, this vision that the universe is awesome, and that God does not exist.
The evidence is right there for everyone to see and experience. One just has to be open to it.

Then I didn't see her face, now I'm an unbeliever...

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post