• 2 Votes - 3 Average
30-10-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
[Image: Preview?imageID=5045381&generato...ngle=false]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2013, 12:02 AM
(30-10-2013 06:10 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  [Image: Preview?imageID=5045381&generato...ngle=false]

Oh, breaking out the memes I see. Gee, can't argue with that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
01-11-2013, 01:32 PM
(31-10-2013 12:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 06:10 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  [Image: Preview?imageID=5045381&generato...ngle=false]

Oh, breaking out the memes I see. Gee, can't argue with that.

Right you are! Big Grin
01-11-2013, 02:55 PM
(30-10-2013 03:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Not monkeys, apes Thumbsup

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
01-11-2013, 03:23 PM
(01-11-2013 02:55 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 03:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Not monkeys, apes Thumbsup

That reminds of Zod, from Superman (God I'm such a nerd sometimes!)
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
You still 100% certain God exists ?

BTW recommend Age of Reason (Thomas Paine, there is a free pdf available for download somewhere, there's a thread in A & T section with the link).

T Paine Esq. was a deist - presents his viewpoint in the book.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-11-2013, 03:51 PM
(01-11-2013 03:23 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 02:55 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

That reminds of Zod, from Superman (God I'm such a nerd sometimes!)

KNEEL

[Image: 9f6.gif]
02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
(01-11-2013 03:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  You still 100% certain God exists ?

BTW recommend Age of Reason (Thomas Paine, there is a free pdf available for download somewhere, there's a thread in A & T section with the link).

T Paine Esq. was a deist - presents his viewpoint in the book.

I'm still 100% certain, sorry but no one's arguments seem to have swayed my "irrationality".

But good job everyone, plenty of likes I've given out, and I need to go back and look for other posts that were good to like. Thumbsup
05-11-2013, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 07:12 PM by Luminon.)
Hello TTT! We probably should have a long, long talk. You seem to have discovered the same thing as me. However, you are tripping hard. Me too, but you are new here. You didn't spend the last 5 years or so debating with atheists. You have no dictionary, no way to communicate, no way to even know how off mark everyone are. No way except by the measure of how much fun you have, the more the atheists are off the mark at judging you Thumbsup

Truth be told, I am only making feeble attempts at communication myself. It doesn't help that my own experiences of this kind are rather new. I was weird before, but now I'm even weirder, the same way as you, it seems.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...r-Atheists

So one thing that bugs me, you come here and say very little about yourself. I believe you have some very freaky experiences up your sleeve, most of which are beyond description, if my experiences are any measure. But then, how can we know? You must find the words.

How long are you like that?

How did you get like that? Any curriculum vitae for us? Anonymous forum is anonymous.

Did you go through any personally difficult and/or embarrassing experiences which broke your ego and released God in your mind? Or did you just slide into this blissful state? You seem to talk a lot about suffering for someone who is not a Buddhist.

How and why did you start meditating?

Did you seek any explanation in religions other than Buddhism or Christianity?

Does this meditation give you any strange sensations in or around the body? For example, in your head, forehead, chest, belly, spine, palms of hands and so on? Just a technical question.

By the way, from what I think now, in my book you are a mystic. A mystic is a technical term for a not necessarily theist, deist, believer... But someone who's method of development is primarily based on feeling and love, rather than facts, knowledge, understanding, skill of manipulation, etc. There is a more...scientific way of approaching these matters and you seem to be the other kind, so I'm betting on the mystic. Please tell me what do you think about the book. Is this in any sense about you? Does it interest you?
http://anandgholap.net/Mysticism-AB.htm
05-11-2013, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 11:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-11-2013 12:59 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 03:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  You still 100% certain God exists ?

I'm still 100% certain, sorry but no one's arguments seem to have swayed my "irrationality".

You ain't arguing with Girly. What you think "My Own Personal Jesus" means silly. Reason is just a tool for Girly and I'm pretty adept with it. I know when to use it and when it ain't appropriate.

(05-11-2013 06:56 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I believe you have some very freaky experiences up your sleeve, most of which are beyond description, if my experiences are any measure. But then, how can we know? You must find the words.

Transcendence is ineffable. Poetry and music are pretty much all we got and they fall far short.

(05-11-2013 06:56 PM)Luminon Wrote:  How long are you like that?

2-4, 4-6, or 10-12 hours depending on the sacrament.

(05-11-2013 06:56 PM)Luminon Wrote:  How did you get like that?

The prophet Hofmann. Tongue

(05-11-2013 06:56 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Or did you just slide into this blissful state?

Ain't nothing blissful about it. Wakefulness is closer but still not right. ... Acute awareness, think that's got it. Or as close as I'm gonna get. Tongue

(05-11-2013 06:56 PM)Luminon Wrote:  You seem to talk a lot about suffering for someone who is not a Buddhist.

Ain't at all clear to me that The Transcendent Theist ain't a Buddhist.

Shit, that was rude of Girly answering questions not meant for me. Sorry. ... ah, fuck it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post