Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
06-11-2013, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 04:32 AM by Luminon.)
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(05-11-2013 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Transcendence is ineffable. Poetry and music are pretty much all we got and they fall far short.
Poetry may fall short, but that's all right. We can't reproduce the experience objectively, but we can hint at it in such a way, that those who had the same experience know it is the same. See:

(05-11-2013 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You ain't arguing with Girly. What you think "My Own Personal Jesus" means silly. Reason is just a tool for Girly and I'm pretty adept with it. I know when to use it and when it ain't appropriate.
My own personal Jesus? That's not silly at all, because that is exactly how it feels. It's a good poetical hint. Of course there's no bearded Jewish carpenter, smell of wood and sweat, not at all. It's more like entirely personally aware yet unconditional, impersonal and transcendent love, coming from a source that is fundamentally connected, or even identical with us. So "Jesus within" is a rather good description.
It might be also occultly correct, the occult framework I use works with multiple modules of personality and one of the higher ones behaves like that, like Jesus, basically. Jesus was one of guys or symbolical legends who's job was to demonstrate how it works when this higher module of personality is fully manifested and how to ge there.

(05-11-2013 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  2-4, 4-6, or 10-12 hours depending on the sacrament.
The prophet Hofmann. Tongue
Ain't nothing blissful about it. Wakefulness is closer but still not right. ... Acute awareness, think that's got it. Or as close as I'm gonna get. Tongue
Good to know. I have a weak spot for the prophet Hoffmann, he was most helpful to provide the metaphorical acid that corrodes the materialism of western society, giving each person the acid test of what they thought about reality. That's a symbolic defeat of the Church's "vicarious sacrament policy" where only the priest can drink the wine and eat the wafer.
But in my occult framework drugs of any kind are not actually a constructive method of experience. They disrupt your nerves and expose you to the wild chaos beyond. That's like being robbed and thrown into suburbs of Calcutta in a blonde woman wig.
And remember, drugs do not contain the experience, they just push buttons that were already in brain. With training we can learn to push the buttons in a safer, purposeful manner and thus ascertain if there really is any beyond. If you don't think so, I recommend some Divine Moments of Truth. But then you can not use your nerve system scientifically, all drugs are as subtle as getting banged with stick on head and such are your prospects in the future.

(05-11-2013 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ain't at all clear to me that The Transcendent Theist ain't a Buddhist.

Shit, that was rude of Girly answering questions not meant for me. Sorry. ... ah, fuck it.
Better rude than nothing Wink And I always think, a wise man finds the Philosopher's stone in dung, but a fool won't even believe it's in gold. Not that your words are dung, you've been very helpful Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 04:31 AM
Hey stop validating TTT Angry I wanna torture him some more.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-11-2013, 04:09 PM
(06-11-2013 04:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hey stop validating TTT Angry I wanna torture him some more.

Go ahead, try your best. You'll never win, seeing as you haven't made a dent in my arguments so far.

Take a go!

Smartass
06-11-2013, 04:20 PM
(06-11-2013 04:09 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 04:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hey stop validating TTT Angry I wanna torture him some more.

Go ahead, try your best. You'll never win, seeing as you haven't made a dent in my arguments so far.
Take a go!
Smartass

You had arguments somewhere ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-11-2013, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 04:31 PM by The_Thinking_Theist.)
(05-11-2013 06:56 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Hello TTT! We probably should have a long, long talk. You seem to have discovered the same thing as me. However, you are tripping hard. Me too, but you are new here. You didn't spend the last 5 years or so debating with atheists. You have no dictionary, no way to communicate, no way to even know how off mark everyone are. No way except by the measure of how much fun you have, the more the atheists are off the mark at judging you Thumbsup

Truth be told, I am only making feeble attempts at communication myself. It doesn't help that my own experiences of this kind are rather new. I was weird before, but now I'm even weirder, the same way as you, it seems.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...r-Atheists

So one thing that bugs me, you come here and say very little about yourself. I believe you have some very freaky experiences up your sleeve, most of which are beyond description, if my experiences are any measure. But then, how can we know? You must find the words.

How long are you like that?

How did you get like that? Any curriculum vitae for us? Anonymous forum is anonymous.

Did you go through any personally difficult and/or embarrassing experiences which broke your ego and released God in your mind? Or did you just slide into this blissful state? You seem to talk a lot about suffering for someone who is not a Buddhist.

How and why did you start meditating?

Did you seek any explanation in religions other than Buddhism or Christianity?

Does this meditation give you any strange sensations in or around the body? For example, in your head, forehead, chest, belly, spine, palms of hands and so on? Just a technical question.

By the way, from what I think now, in my book you are a mystic. A mystic is a technical term for a not necessarily theist, deist, believer... But someone who's method of development is primarily based on feeling and love, rather than facts, knowledge, understanding, skill of manipulation, etc. There is a more...scientific way of approaching these matters and you seem to be the other kind, so I'm betting on the mystic. Please tell me what do you think about the book. Is this in any sense about you? Does it interest you?
http://anandgholap.net/Mysticism-AB.htm

Well, labels labels... I never was a fan of labeling myself, spiritually or sexually.

Other people are free to and to a degree encouraged to label me, and I'm fairly un-lableable (most would say; you guys are pretty smart though). You're right that I use my feelings, but as I've stated in the existence thread, the feelings/experiences back up cold facts, and when I put faith into those feelings and facts it all comes together.

In your first paragraph, yes, the huge problem is that it's hard to explain the- well- inexplicable.

As far the meditation inquiries:

I started out of curiosity, and like any act that releases pleasure hormones, I continued exponentially. But when I started doing the deep meidtation, based off of the Siddhartha Gottama and Vairocana Buddha's enlightening expiriences, I became aware. I'm no a Buddha beneath the Bodhi and I hope one day I will be, but everything came together; there was no me to separate, "What is a self?", then I was in a void, so no feelings in any part of my body. The whole world seemed to spin around me, not like a symptom but like a dream. Pure unfettered joy was me for a while. Refreshing after a long and perilous journey of the soul. In the morning it rained, and drenched my body still contorted in the Cosmic Mudra (despite the religious symbolizim there, I still took a shower afterwords Tongue ). Then was the time I became a theist like I am today, the oneness with God had begun.

Either all that, or an OD on Cat Stevens.
06-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Oooh!!! I have a question! *holds arm so hand is up high in the air*

Did you ever get close to questioning your belief in a deity?

If so, how was it for you?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
06-11-2013, 04:27 PM
(06-11-2013 04:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 04:09 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  ...

Take a go!
Smartass

You had arguments somewhere ?

I found your review of Egor's Bible. LOLOLOL is the only response I have fro you.
06-11-2013, 04:28 PM
(06-11-2013 04:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Oooh!!! I have a question! *holds arm so hand is up high in the air*

Did you ever get close to questioning your belief in a deity?

If so, how was it for you?

Every day, maybe some days less than others, but it's always in question, but lately no, there haven't been any sort of things like that in a while.
06-11-2013, 04:30 PM
(06-11-2013 04:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 04:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You had arguments somewhere ?

I found your review of Egor's Bible. LOLOLOL is the only response I have fro you.

Have you seen his last mental breakdown yet? It's half funny, half disturbing.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
06-11-2013, 04:33 PM
(06-11-2013 04:30 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 04:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I found your review of Egor's Bible. LOLOLOL is the only response I have fro you.

Have you seen his last mental breakdown yet? It's half funny, half disturbing.

Link me and I'll tell you. He is an odd one (was an odd one).