Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
09-11-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(06-11-2013 08:36 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  "NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE" ~ Deep Thought, on the founding of TTA

DeepThought didn't found TTA.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 01:49 PM
(09-11-2013 01:44 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 08:36 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  "NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE" ~ Deep Thought, on the founding of TTA

DeepThought didn't found TTA.
Blink Really??
09-11-2013, 03:42 PM
I can't believe the decadence has already started... people thinking murder is OK.

Abortion is taking a metal poll and putting it into a women to destroy a living thing, happening to be an undeveloped Homo Sapiens Sapiens .

All life is sacred!
09-11-2013, 03:50 PM
(09-11-2013 03:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I can't believe the decadence has already started... people thinking murder is OK.

Abortion is taking a metal poll and putting it into a women to destroy a living thing, happening to be an undeveloped Homo Sapiens Sapiens .

All life is sacred!

Are you a vegan?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2013, 06:21 PM
(09-11-2013 03:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  All life is sacred!
Nothing is sacred.
09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
(09-11-2013 03:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I can't believe the decadence has already started... people thinking murder is OK.

All life is sacred!

If abortion is similar to murder....

Does that mean any time I jack off I become a pseudo-genocide causer? Every time a women's body releases an unfertilised egg they are murdering? In both instances the cells could have become a human.

What about miscarriage?
About 15 to 20% of all women with a verified pregnancy will end up having a miscarriage. And up to 30% when you include pregnancies that have been detected at the earliest stage scientifically possible and to which the woman would not be physically aware of the almost mutalistic near-organism now growing insider her. (http://miscarriage.about.com/od/riskfact...stics.htm)

If all life is sacred, even possible life, are they murders too?
I dare say they are not.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-11-2013, 06:54 PM

All life is sacred!

whoops then you must not support tampons or pads.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
09-11-2013, 07:09 PM
(09-11-2013 01:36 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Yeah, I didn't read his post closely enough. Sorry. If you have tried, I'd love to hear about it.

Ha - I didn't say I tried your "communion with God technique", I said you don't know that anyone has tried it or not. You seem to want to communicate TTT and that's great but, it will certainly help the progress of your learning experience to read people's posts more closely.

Since I am atheist, I personally don't think trying an arbitrary technique will get me any closer to god than I already am. No presuppositions about me; let's just say... been there, done that, and all I got was a bookshelf stacked to the ceiling.

As for your statement: all life is sacred. Hmm. Can't help you with that. You think things are connected with god; that's your idea, constructed around your way of thinking. It is for you and no one else. It seems to be where you are in your life and if it works for you great.

However, you can not expect others to think that way just because you do. If someone happens to share similar aspects of this idea, then I suppose you've found your tribe, or whatever. Most atheists find no evidence of anything being connected with a god.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun researching evidence; life is all about experimentation! Maybe one day, you'll have a bookshelf stacked to the ceiling, as well. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-11-2013, 10:09 PM

All life is sacred!

Let's dissect your thinking. You think all life is sacred, so let's find out why that is. I am assuming by 'life' you were talking about "life begins at conception?" Because encompassing ALL life(everything living thing on the planet) as sacred would be a tad bit asinine.

So assuming you think life begins at conception, what 'magical' thing is happening at fertilization to make it such a sacred event?

[btw, I'm not trolling here, just trying to figure out how your gray matter works]
09-11-2013, 11:58 PM
(09-11-2013 03:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  All life is sacred!

[Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] How 'bout these li'l swimmers; are they sacred? [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif]

If so, then shouldn't you quit pounding 'em out? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post