Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
10-11-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(09-11-2013 11:58 PM)kim Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 03:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  All life is sacred!

[Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] How 'bout these li'l swimmers; are they sacred? [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif] [Image: sperm.gif]

If so, then shouldn't you quit pounding 'em out? Shy

They look sad Sad Must be 'cos they were born to die.

All life is sacred... TTT - what is life, and what does sacred mean ? It's a nice comforting little platitude I guess... Shy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2013, 07:53 AM
(09-11-2013 06:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 03:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  All life is sacred!
Nothing is sacred.

Your momma's not sacred.
10-11-2013, 07:57 AM
(09-11-2013 06:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 03:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I can't believe the decadence has already started... people thinking murder is OK.

Abortion is taking a metal poll and putting it into a women to destroy a living thing, happening to be an undeveloped Homo Sapiens Sapiens .

All life is sacred!

If abortion is similar to murder....

Does that mean any time I jack off I become a pseudo-genocide causer? Every time a women's body releases an unfertilised egg they are murdering? In both instances the cells could have become a human.

What about miscarriage?
About 15 to 20% of all women with a verified pregnancy will end up having a miscarriage. And up to 30% when you include pregnancies that have been detected at the earliest stage scientifically possible and to which the woman would not be physically aware of the almost mutalistic near-organism now growing insider her. (http://miscarriage.about.com/od/riskfact...stics.htm)

If all life is sacred, even possible life, are they murders too?
I dare say they are not.

Hmmm.... good questions.

I'm saying that if at all possible avoid death, and it is always possible to avoid murder like abortion or the death penalty. It's our societies fault, it's not that bad to have a baby out of wedlock, just have the baby and give it up for adoption or raise the child. It's not something to kill over or risk the lady's health with the surgery.

See my position?
10-11-2013, 08:06 AM
(10-11-2013 07:57 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 06:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  If abortion is similar to murder....

Does that mean any time I jack off I become a pseudo-genocide causer? Every time a women's body releases an unfertilised egg they are murdering? In both instances the cells could have become a human.

What about miscarriage?
About 15 to 20% of all women with a verified pregnancy will end up having a miscarriage. And up to 30% when you include pregnancies that have been detected at the earliest stage scientifically possible and to which the woman would not be physically aware of the almost mutalistic near-organism now growing insider her. (http://miscarriage.about.com/od/riskfact...stics.htm)

If all life is sacred, even possible life, are they murders too?
I dare say they are not.

Hmmm.... good questions.

I'm saying that if at all possible avoid death, and it is always possible to avoid murder like abortion or the death penalty. It's our societies fault, it's not that bad to have a baby out of wedlock, just have the baby and give it up for adoption or raise the child. It's not something to kill over or risk the lady's health with the surgery.

See my position?

Yes, and it is not a well thought out one.

First, you are calling it murder, which it is not.

Second, pregnancy is far riskier than a first trimester abortion.

Third, the risk to a child in the adoption system is quite large.

Fourth, raising the child may not be a realistic option.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-11-2013, 08:09 AM
(22-10-2013 05:19 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  This is debate/Q&A with me.

Feel free to dump arguments here!

Big Grin

All right...since you've offered.

"Whence comes faith?" Or to put it another way, how does one acquire faith? By having it given, or seeking it?

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
10-11-2013, 08:11 AM
(10-11-2013 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 07:57 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Hmmm.... good questions.

See my position?

Yes, and it is not a well thought out one.

First, you are calling it murder, which it is not.

Second, pregnancy is far riskier than a first trimester abortion.

Third, the risk to a child in the adoption system is quite large.

Fourth, raising the child may not be a realistic option.

Again, I must say, if all these options fail, it's just gonna have to be too bad. If all life is sacred, you can't really violate that. And all life is sacred, whether you respect it or not, it's called objective sin.
10-11-2013, 08:24 AM
(10-11-2013 08:11 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  And all life is sacred, whether you respect it or not, it's called objective sin.

Oh fucking groan. Dodgy

Life is inevitable, obnoxious, ubiquitous, and you're a poopyhead. Tongue

So much for being a non-Biblical theist. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-11-2013, 08:26 AM
I have to say that when I was a kid, I was totally against abortion for any reason. Of course, part of that was due to the Catholicism that surrounded me between church, school, and a town crawling with RCs. Age, experience, understanding, and just plain life in general proved to me that it's not that clear cut. It isn't all right or all wrong. The circumstances that can put a woman in the position of considering terminating a pregnancy (read that slowly TTT - terminating a pregnancy - not killing a baby) are varied and complex. Some will choose to follow through with the abortion, some will not.

For most in that situation it is not an easy decision and not one they want to have to make. The truth of the matter is that until you are in that position or know of someone in that position, you cannot possibly fathom the contortions the mind and the emotions go through to reach a decision...either way.

I still prefer that abortion not be used for birth control. There are other (imperfect) methods to use as a first line defense against an unwanted pregnancy. However, in the event that abortion is the best, reasoned decision it is important that the procedure be available in clinic where it can be performed safely and without harassment.

There is no way, other than abstinence, to prevent pregnancy when people are sexually active...none, nada...shit happens even when precautions are taken.

A lot of people who want to adopt can't because of the cost. That leaves a lot of wealthy, white people that can adopt with a degree of ease. That tends to mean that white babies are the preference and therefore a lot of babies are left out.

Children who find themselves with parent(s) that didn't want them often do not have good lives. Ask me...I have a mother that didn't want children...talk about something that will fuck with your head in numerous ways.

TTT, you are young and idealistic. There is nothing wrong with that, lots of us are or were. Leave your mind open a little, you have't experienced enough on this topic to be able to see all the sides. That knowledge comes with time. And don't look down on the people that make the decision or back them in making that decision. They aren't unfeeling monsters, they are people who are facing a tough decision on a lot of levels.

You have beat this dead horse topic for too long on this forum. You have won no converts to your line of thinking. Maybe it's time to find another debate topic.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
10-11-2013, 08:27 AM
(10-11-2013 08:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 08:11 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  And all life is sacred, whether you respect it or not, it's called objective sin.

Oh fucking groan. Dodgy

Life is inevitable, obnoxious, ubiquitous, and you're a poopyhead. Tongue

So much for being a non-Biblical theist. Angel

... What????
10-11-2013, 08:36 AM
(10-11-2013 08:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to say that when I was a kid, I was totally against abortion for any reason. Of course, part of that was due to the Catholicism that surrounded me between church, school, and a town crawling with RCs. Age, experience, understanding, and just plain life in general proved to me that it's not that clear cut. It isn't all right or all wrong. The circumstances that can put a woman in the position of considering terminating a pregnancy (read that slowly TTT - terminating a pregnancy - not killing a baby) are varied and complex. Some will choose to follow through with the abortion, some will not.

For most in that situation it is not an easy decision and not one they want to have to make. The truth of the matter is that until you are in that position or know of someone in that position, you cannot possibly fathom the contortions the mind and the emotions go through to reach a decision...either way.

I still prefer that abortion not be used for birth control. There are other (imperfect) methods to use as a first line defense against an unwanted pregnancy. However, in the event that abortion is the best, reasoned decision it is important that the procedure be available in clinic where it can be performed safely and without harassment.

There is no way, other than abstinence, to prevent pregnancy when people are sexually active...none, nada...shit happens even when precautions are taken.

A lot of people who want to adopt can't because of the cost. That leaves a lot of wealthy, white people that can adopt with a degree of ease. That tends to mean that white babies are the preference and therefore a lot of babies are left out.

Children who find themselves with parent(s) that didn't want them often do not have good lives. Ask me...I have a mother that didn't want children...talk about something that will fuck with your head in numerous ways.

TTT, you are young and idealistic. There is nothing wrong with that, lots of us are or were. Leave your mind open a little, you have't experienced enough on this topic to be able to see all the sides. That knowledge comes with time. And don't look down on the people that make the decision or back them in making that decision. They aren't unfeeling monsters, they are people who are facing a tough decision on a lot of levels.

You have beat this dead horse topic for too long on this forum. You have won no converts to your line of thinking. Maybe it's time to find another debate topic.

Don't patronize me.

I'll never stop thinking this way.