Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
10-11-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(10-11-2013 08:37 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah that's what I thought too.

And I wasn't patronizing you, you little shit.

I'm a shit, Hm?

That's interesting, tell me more. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2013, 07:59 PM
(10-11-2013 08:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 08:11 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Again, I must say, if all these options fail, it's just gonna have to be too bad. If all life is sacred, you can't really violate that. And all life is sacred, whether you respect it or not, it's called objective sin.

You are welcome to your opinions, but you have provided no support for them.

"Objective sin"? Really?

So, it's 'just too bad' for the woman and the child? Your ethics are selfish in the extreme.

Err.... I didn't mean to say sin; I meant objective truth.

This thread makes more sense now.
10-11-2013, 08:00 PM
No it doesn't.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-11-2013, 08:01 PM
(10-11-2013 12:01 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 10:09 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  Let's dissect your thinking. You think all life is sacred, so let's find out why that is. I am assuming by 'life' you were talking about "life begins at conception?" Because encompassing ALL life(everything living thing on the planet) as sacred would be a tad bit asinine.

So assuming you think life begins at conception, what 'magical' thing is happening at fertilization to make it such a sacred event?

TTT, I am waiting to hear from you on my question...

So assuming you think life begins at conception, what 'magical' thing is happening at fertilization to make it such a sacred event?

One set of zygotes plus another makes a full set of DNA, making a unique person code that produces a dude.

A sperm is just half and is nothing.
10-11-2013, 08:02 PM
(10-11-2013 08:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No it doesn't.

Well it does for me...
10-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Well, go forth and be happy in your bubble.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-11-2013, 08:03 PM
(10-11-2013 08:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You have beat this dead horse topic for too long on this forum. You have won no converts to your line of thinking. Maybe it's time to find another debate topic.

I'd call myself a sadistic hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse. Evil_monster
10-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Are you going to address my point?
You don't have to, but I'd be keen to discuss it with you.
Post 379.
10-11-2013, 09:18 PM
(10-11-2013 09:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Are you going to address my point?
You don't have to, but I'd be keen to discuss it with you.
Post 379.

I'd love to here your point!

Give me a second to find it. Thumbsup
10-11-2013, 09:27 PM
(10-11-2013 12:37 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Nothing is sacred.

It seems to me you are looking for justification to use force (physical violence) against pregnant women. You don't like it when a pregnant woman has an abortion, you know that the abortion does not impact you at all, so you label the fetus life as sacred, then deem it your own responsibility to protect that which is sacred.
I find this reasoning, with regards to justification of government use of physical violence against other society members, to be highly dangerous. Government forcing some people's beliefs on others, oppressing and physically assaulting people to conform.

Hmmm....

It doesn't impact me, but I have compassion for the living, and I consider a fetus to be alive, so that's why I'm legislating that. As for the woman's choice, I find that morally irrelevant, seeing as it may be that she is the mother, the baby is not her. I am not the government, I am a (terrible) philosopher if anything. Finding solutions to these problems is the government's job, one that is not solved by a killing solution. What you described in that last sentence is the thing I hate about governments, with echoes of my ancestors in the USR in my mind. As for the nothing is sacred garbage, that's just closed-minded thinking at work. Open your eyes and look at the stars of the goddamn sky, and tell me nothing's sacred. What kind of freethinker are you if you believe that philosophy? You come off as a hypocritical conformist when you bleat out mouth-shit like that, and I've seen your posts and know that at least you ca do a bit better than that. So the nothing is sacred argument is an insult to reality, no respect for that argument here.

Did that answer your questions?