Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
11-11-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(10-11-2013 10:10 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 09:54 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I debated this with my theist m8, and we concluded that to him.

conception is "soul infused" so no abortion is allowed (its an affront to GOD)

I consider a "baby" under 12 weeks to be a biological seedpod, if it is to be planted into foul soil then abortion negates that.
And as I don't believe in a soul, late terminations because of probably mortal harm to baby or mother is an act of mercy.

Who knows, maybe its my Evil immoral Darwinism, clouding my morals, anyway my opinion is irrelevant and so is yours.
The woman who has to build and support this $100,000+ "baby" in their stomach is the only one who should decide, ifs its an immoral decision then it is hers to bear alone, not for anyone to dictate.

Whats next we rule against people who choose not to have children as its an affront to god, to murder sperm and eggs.

This is where I was trying to lead TTT to say---that the fertilized egg is given a 'soul' at conception. This attainment of a soul makes theists think that a bunch of undifferentaited cells is now a human.

So, let's say that at conception, the zygote is infused with a soul. Now that fertilized egg has to implant in the uterine wall--no simple task. Research conducted at North Carolina University shows that as high as 80% of these eggs do not implant, and thus die.

Alright, so now that we're implanted, we gotta start growing.
A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that 31% of all eggs that had successfully implanted were spontaneously aborted during the pregnancy.

We talk about governments being wasteful, but look at how many 'souls' god is wasting! A HUGE percent of fertilized eggs die on their own. Tsk tsk..
---------------------------------
What about the case of twins/triplets/etc?

Identical twins come from one egg. That egg doesn't split into two until well after conception. So....if souls are infused at conception, then do these twins share one soul? Does one have a soul and the other does not (redheads maybe?) Once the egg divides does god express mail a brand new soul down?
-------------------------------------------
And even more confusing stuff from the church..
The church used to say that life began at quickening(when the baby began moving), which was around 13 weeks. It began moving because it was given a soul. Later on the church decided that souls were given at conception, and this was due to the chauvinistic belief that the sperm contained a homunculus(a tiny itty bitty person) and that it could begin growing once it reached the vessel(the egg).
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Derp. No

What in the Hell are you on about, friend? Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 05:44 PM
(10-11-2013 11:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So then an egg is only half and therefore nothing. We can continue the math logically, but i think you know where we'd end up. The only way to reach sacredness is to introduce god. The only way to introduce god is illogically. Classically and mathematically illogical.

It's no wonder you have to meditate yourself into oblivion in order to commune with him.

You have no idea what my deal is, obviously.

To dissect your side's argument to that level would have this fallacy:

The fetus is not a baby because it has no brain.

That would mean, by your logic you exhibited there, that:

A person with a hemispherdectomy is half a person because he has half a brain.

And that's not true.

Think before you post. Big Grin
11-11-2013, 05:48 PM
(11-11-2013 05:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 11:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So then an egg is only half and therefore nothing. We can continue the math logically, but i think you know where we'd end up. The only way to reach sacredness is to introduce god. The only way to introduce god is illogically. Classically and mathematically illogical.

It's no wonder you have to meditate yourself into oblivion in order to commune with him.

You have no idea what my deal is, obviously.

And that's not true.

That strawman of yours was debunked by a suave debonair gentleman in another thread. If that person never developed a CNS then yes it was never alive.

Think before you post.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-11-2013, 05:51 PM
(11-11-2013 05:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 05:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You have no idea what my deal is, obviously.

And that's not true.

That strawman of yours was debunked by a suave debonair gentleman in another thread. If that person never developed a CNS then yes it was never alive.

Think before you post.

Nope, that's not related to what I or he said.

Think before you post. Cool
11-11-2013, 05:54 PM
STOP EVERYONE!

We are on page 42!

[Image: 42__by_neomoose.jpg]
11-11-2013, 05:57 PM
(11-11-2013 05:54 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  STOP EVERYONE!

We are on page 42!

I think page 69 will look like a bigger event.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
11-11-2013, 06:03 PM
(11-11-2013 05:57 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 05:54 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  STOP EVERYONE!

We are on page 42!

I think page 69 will look like a bigger event.

By that time I'll probably be converted to atheism and pretending to be a theist, the way this debate is going!

Lol.
11-11-2013, 06:08 PM
*cough*

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-11-2013, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2013 06:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-11-2013 06:03 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  By that time I'll probably be converted to atheism and pretending to be a theist, the way this debate is going!

Or a meist or a weist pretending to be an atheist. Either way, it ain't hard. Tongue

Did somebody say 4?

[Image: gwynnies.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-11-2013, 06:20 PM
(11-11-2013 06:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  *cough*

I was joking.

Thumbsup