Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
11-11-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(11-11-2013 07:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  It doesn't matter as far as God goes, many animals are natural homosexuals and he doesn't give a shit about it.
Which God would that be? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 09:10 PM
(11-11-2013 05:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You have no idea what my deal is, obviously.

Nah, I'm with you. I just thought what you said was incorrect, so I posted some equally incorrect bullshit to counter. And for some reason I like busting your balls. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
11-11-2013, 09:58 PM
(11-11-2013 08:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Which God would that be? Consider

Girly bitches. Drinking Beverage

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-11-2013, 01:54 PM
(11-11-2013 05:33 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 09:55 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  You haven't answered why this is a sacred event. Your terminology is off, but you are simply stating the biological event of fertilization. All of us here can agree that when sperm and egg meet, and the egg is fertilized, then that zygote has a unique set of DNA.

So why is this a 'sacred' event? Seems just like a basic, run of the mill outcome of sex.

While the event is, to me, important, I don't think it's sacred, but its result is sacred.

The event is not sacred, but the result is sacred.

So a sperm and an egg coming together to become a zygote isn't sacred, but the result of sperm and egg coming together to become a zygote is sacred? Shocking

That makes as much sense as a pregnant pole-vaulter.
[+] 4 users Like jaguar3030's post
12-11-2013, 02:01 PM
TTT,

Wow. Long thread dude. I skimmed a bit, but pretty sure I got the gist.

I think I like you. Consider

So many cats, so few good recipes.
12-11-2013, 02:06 PM
(12-11-2013 02:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  TTT,

He doesn't seem to bad, though there have been moments of... disreputable behaviour...

On to the more interesting topic:
When did you get back?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-11-2013, 02:12 PM
(12-11-2013 02:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 02:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  TTT,

He doesn't seem to bad, though there have been moments of... disreputable behaviour...

When did you get back?

Lol, never really left. Just more quiet than usual.

For the record, I too, am guilty of having moments of disreputable behaviour. If the kid didn't have his moments, it'd have to be divine intervention!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
12-11-2013, 02:15 PM
(12-11-2013 02:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 02:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  He doesn't seem to bad, though there have been moments of... disreputable behaviour...

When did you get back?

Lol, never really left. Just more quiet than usual.

For the record, I too, am guilty of having moments of disreputable behaviour. If the kid didn't have his moments, it'd have to be divine intervention!

Well in my highly totally unbiased opinion, I've never been disreputable. Angel

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-11-2013, 02:55 PM
(12-11-2013 02:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well in my highly totally unbiased opinion, I've never been disreputable. Angel

Never got so drunk you hugged a toilet for the night ? Big Grin You have so much to look forward to in life Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-11-2013, 03:01 PM
(12-11-2013 02:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 02:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well in my highly totally unbiased opinion, I've never been disreputable. Angel

Never got so drunk you hugged a toilet for the night ? Big Grin

Never been drunk. Had pretty much no alcohol through my entire life thus far. Angel

(12-11-2013 02:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  You have so much to look forward to in life Tongue

I get the feeling that I don't...