Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
12-11-2013, 03:34 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(12-11-2013 03:01 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Never been drunk. Had pretty much no alcohol through my entire life thus far. Angel

I'm different to you then... couldn't wait to do stupid shit when I was a teenager... Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
(11-11-2013 08:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Which God would that be? Consider

The God that is the Multiverse, and transcends it completely and totally, but yet His presence is in everything, we need only to look for Him and we will find Him.

God without end in a world without end giving us life without end.

God has no name, God answers to no other, and God is most kind.

And His beautiful and vivifying presence is in all things, to be revealed by killing the self in order to achieve full communion and tranquility, achievable via meditation.
12-11-2013, 06:13 PM
(11-11-2013 09:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 05:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You have no idea what my deal is, obviously.

Nah, I'm with you. I just thought what you said was incorrect, so I posted some equally incorrect bullshit to counter. And for some reason I like busting your balls. Tongue

I like my balls.... the problem is no one else does.
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
12-11-2013, 06:14 PM
(12-11-2013 01:54 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 05:33 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  While the event is, to me, important, I don't think it's sacred, but its result is sacred.

The event is not sacred, but the result is sacred.

So a sperm and an egg coming together to become a zygote isn't sacred, but the result of sperm and egg coming together to become a zygote is sacred? Shocking

That makes as much sense as a pregnant pole-vaulter.

That's not what I wrote. At all.
12-11-2013, 06:16 PM
(12-11-2013 02:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...disreputable behaviour...

Yeah... I blame that on trying to explain myself amid attacks when people thought me a trolololer.
12-11-2013, 06:39 PM
(12-11-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  The God that is the Multiverse, and transcends it completely and totally, but yet His presence is in everything, we need only to look for Him and we will find Him.

And His beautiful and vivifying presence is in all things, to be revealed by killing the self in order to achieve full communion and tranquility, achievable via meditation.
There seems to be coincidences with regards to your written style and that of many Christians.
Not that I am overly concerned with pointing out grammar mistakes but,
You term your god as simply "God". The word "god" is a noun as opposed to a proper noun (name), for example "man" is a noun but "Stevil" is a proper noun (name). Nouns are not capitalised unless beginning a sentence, proper nouns are always capitalised.
"he" is a pronoun which also reveals the gender of the subject. Pronouns are not capitalised unless beginning a sentence.
You are refering to your god as a male and always using capitals with use of nouns or pronouns where your god is the subject.
Is there a reason for this? Where you once a Christian and picked up the habit from that?
12-11-2013, 06:41 PM
(12-11-2013 06:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  The God that is the Multiverse, and transcends it completely and totally, but yet His presence is in everything, we need only to look for Him and we will find Him.

There seems to be coincidences with regards to your written style and that of many Christians.
Not that I am overly concerned with pointing out grammar mistakes but,
You term your god as simply "God". The word "god" is a noun as opposed to a proper noun (name), for example "man" is a noun but "Stevil" is a proper noun (name). Nouns are not capitalised unless beginning a sentence, proper nouns are always capitalised.
"he" is a pronoun which also reveals the gender of the subject. Pronouns are not capitalised unless beginning a sentence.
You are refering to your god as a male and always using capitals with use of nouns or pronouns where your god is the subject.
Is there a reason for this? Where you once a Christian and picked up the habit from that?

Well, He did create the everything, so I have to give Him some kind of textual acknowledgment. Also, yeah, it's Western tradition of capitalizing the pronouns and nouns of deities.

I say 'He' because, again, Western tradition, but I know that He has no gender.
12-11-2013, 06:43 PM
(12-11-2013 06:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I like my balls.... the problem is no one else does.

I like your balls just fine. Thumbsup

(just probably not the way you'd like me to)

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-11-2013, 06:50 PM
(12-11-2013 06:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I like my balls.... the problem is no one else does.

I like your balls just fine. Thumbsup

Tongue

Whereas I'm sure some sorry girl will end up as your wife Big Grin .
12-11-2013, 07:01 PM
(12-11-2013 06:50 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I like your balls just fine. Thumbsup

Tongue

Whereas I'm sure some sorry girl will end up as your wife Big Grin .

I just let my wife read that.

She says she's sorry. Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post