Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
12-11-2013, 07:10 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(12-11-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 08:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

The God that is the Multiverse, and transcends it completely and totally, but yet His presence is in everything, we need only to look for Him and we will find Him.

God without end in a world without end giving us life without end.

God has no name, God answers to no other, and God is most kind.

And His beautiful and vivifying presence is in all things, to be revealed by killing the self in order to achieve full communion and tranquility, achievable via meditation.

This is word vomit. This means nothing!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
12-11-2013, 07:14 PM
(12-11-2013 06:41 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  There seems to be coincidences with regards to your written style and that of many Christians.
Not that I am overly concerned with pointing out grammar mistakes but,
You term your god as simply "God". The word "god" is a noun as opposed to a proper noun (name), for example "man" is a noun but "Stevil" is a proper noun (name). Nouns are not capitalised unless beginning a sentence, proper nouns are always capitalised.
"he" is a pronoun which also reveals the gender of the subject. Pronouns are not capitalised unless beginning a sentence.
You are refering to your god as a male and always using capitals with use of nouns or pronouns where your god is the subject.
Is there a reason for this? Where you once a Christian and picked up the habit from that?

Well, He did create the everything, so I have to give Him some kind of textual acknowledgment. Also, yeah, it's Western tradition of capitalizing the pronouns and nouns of deities.

I say 'He' because, again, Western tradition, but I know that He has no gender.

You *know* he has no gender? How the hell do you *know* that? I think what you mean to say is 'believe'

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
12-11-2013, 07:30 PM
(12-11-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  The God that is the Multiverse, and transcends it completely and totally, but yet His presence is in everything, we need only to look for Him and we will find Him.

And His beautiful and vivifying presence is in all things, to be revealed by killing the self in order to achieve full communion and tranquility, achievable via meditation.

You are worshiping an event we call the Big Bang.

The BB is everything, and created everything. Check.

The BB created everything, so if we look, we see the BB creations all around. Check.

The BB created atoms that have been recycled countless times in countless organisms. Life without end? Check.

"His beautiful and vivifying presence in all things"..Everything I see was created by the BB. Check.

"has no name.." Well the BB didn't choose to be called the BB, but the whole naming things with symbols kinda went outta style after the artist formerly known as Prince, so naming it the BB seemed plausible. Half a check.

Meditation causing a change in brain chemistry resulting in a more peaceful mindset? Check.

Using your brain that is composed of atoms created in the BB to do said meditation? Check.
-------
How does your god not fit this?
12-11-2013, 08:49 PM
(12-11-2013 07:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:50 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Whereas I'm sure some sorry girl will end up as your wife Big Grin .

I just let my wife read that.

She says she's sorry. Dodgy

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
12-11-2013, 08:50 PM
(12-11-2013 07:14 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:41 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well, He did create the everything, so I have to give Him some kind of textual acknowledgment. Also, yeah, it's Western tradition of capitalizing the pronouns and nouns of deities.

I say 'He' because, again, Western tradition, but I know that He has no gender.

You *know* he has no gender? How the hell do you *know* that? I think what you mean to say is 'believe'

I don't to touch His face to know, I don't need to use my eyes to see.

As for the word vomit comment, could you point out a phrase I used that you'd like clarification on? Thanks.
12-11-2013, 08:54 PM
(12-11-2013 07:30 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  The God that is the Multiverse, and transcends it completely and totally, but yet His presence is in everything, we need only to look for Him and we will find Him.

You are worshiping an event we call the Big Bang.

The BB is everything, and created everything. Check.

The BB created everything, so if we look, we see the BB creations all around. Check.

The BB created atoms that have been recycled countless times in countless organisms. Life without end? Check.

"His beautiful and vivifying presence in all things"..Everything I see was created by the BB. Check.

"has no name.." Well the BB didn't choose to be called the BB, but the whole naming things with symbols kinda went outta style after the artist formerly known as Prince, so naming it the BB seemed plausible. Half a check.

Meditation causing a change in brain chemistry resulting in a more peaceful mindset? Check.

Using your brain that is composed of atoms created in the BB to do said meditation? Check.
-------
How does your god not fit this?

But does the Big Bang transcend reality?

No

Does the Big Bang have supernatural abilities?

No.

Is the Big Bang infinite?

It's effects may be, but really it was a brief event.

Can the Big Bang be witnessed?

No.

While it was a most sacred event, maybe it wasn't even remarkable seeing as it was possible it couldv'e happened before. But no, God =/= the Big Bang (which is a theory, anyway).
12-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Oh fuck. Dude. Never. NEVER. EVEER flippantly use the word "theory" -as in, "the Big Bang is just a theory"- in a room full of atheists!!!

.....seriously. They're gonna start throwing shit around and making a big mess. Buncha moody apes.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-11-2013, 10:31 PM
(12-11-2013 08:54 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  But does the Big Bang transcend reality?

No

Does the Big Bang have supernatural abilities?

No.

Is the Big Bang infinite?

It's effects may be, but really it was a brief event.

Can the Big Bang be witnessed?

No.

While it was a most sacred event, maybe it wasn't even remarkable seeing as it was possible it couldv'e happened before. But no, God =/= the Big Bang (which is a theory, anyway).
----------

Does it transcend reality?: See virtual particles.

Does it have supernatural abilities?: it created space and time..fuck to the yea!

Is it infinite?: it is the beginning of time..could it be infinite? there are those that propose it could be.

Can the Big Bang be witnessed?: uh...we can hear it, so yea.
13-11-2013, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2013 07:43 AM by Cathym112.)
(12-11-2013 08:50 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 07:14 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You *know* he has no gender? How the hell do you *know* that? I think what you mean to say is 'believe'

I don't to touch His face to know, I don't need to use my eyes to see.

As for the word vomit comment, could you point out a phrase I used that you'd like clarification on? Thanks.

I don't think calling superfluous language by its correct name "word vomit" is rude. Nor does it deserve a negative rating for it. I didn't "leave" the thread. We have people all over the world on here who live in differs time zones. I went to bed! I don't spend 24 hours a day online.

A supernatural being has no gender and you don't need eyes to see it? When you have a room full of atheists, expect that these statements will get called to the mat.

I lived this nonsensical dribble my whole life. I dont have to hear it here. "God" is love (except for people just like you who *know* god appreciates murder), god is kind (except for those people just like you who *know* that god disapproves of someone's sexuality). Therefore, when you claim to *know* god just because you tripped out after sleep and food deprevation, your claims are no more valid than those that use those claims for their own personal agenda. There are facts, and there are theories (and I'm not referring to scientific theory - that's different). Atheists deal with facts. All we ask is that you use the correct names for things. You don't *know* anything more about god than a terrorist *knows* that god wants murder of infidels.

[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
13-11-2013, 10:33 AM
(12-11-2013 06:50 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I like your balls just fine. Thumbsup

(just probably not the way you'd like me to)

Tongue

Whereas I'm sure some sorry girl will end up as your wife Big Grin .

So you can tell someone that their wife must regret marrying them but if I say your superfluous comment was word vomit, then I'm the asshole? Got it.

Ps - simply including a smiley face at the end doesn't make it less rude to say.

You are an immature, pedantic little shit Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post