Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
13-11-2013, 12:08 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(12-11-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  The God that is the Multiverse, and transcends it completely and totally, but yet His presence is in everything, we need only to look for Him and we will find Him.

God without end in a world without end giving us life without end.

God has no name, God answers to no other, and God is most kind.

And His beautiful and vivifying presence is in all things, to be revealed by killing the self in order to achieve full communion and tranquility, achievable via meditation.
In that case, I have another question for you. Do you acknowledge the fact that you don't know any of this? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2013, 12:25 PM
(13-11-2013 10:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You are an immature, pedantic little shit Big Grin

Welcome to the real world TTT Wink You know, in a more polite society people would just think it, or talk behind your back. IDK about you, but I prefer it this way. When you have a disagreement you can sort it out *right now*, and if it's not resolved you don't have to pretend to like the person - you can just move on. IMO, 1000 times better than leaving it to fester.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-11-2013, 12:55 PM
(13-11-2013 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 10:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You are an immature, pedantic little shit Big Grin

Welcome to the real world TTT Wink You know, in a more polite society people would just think it, or talk behind your back. IDK about you, but I prefer it this way. When you have a disagreement you can sort it out *right now*, and if it's not resolved you don't have to pretend to like the person - you can just move on. IMO, 1000 times better than leaving it to fester.

Morondog - I feel compelled to reiterate that my statement above was to make a point that saying something rude with a smiley face at te end of it doesn't reduce it's rudeness.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
13-11-2013, 12:56 PM
(12-11-2013 06:14 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 01:54 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  The event is not sacred, but the result is sacred.

So a sperm and an egg coming together to become a zygote isn't sacred, but the result of sperm and egg coming together to become a zygote is sacred? Shocking

That makes as much sense as a pregnant pole-vaulter.

That's not what I wrote. At all.

That is EXACTLY what you wrote.
---> The_Thinking_Theist Wrote: While the event is, to me, important, I don't think it's sacred, but its result is sacred.
13-11-2013, 01:32 PM
(13-11-2013 12:55 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Morondog - I feel compelled to reiterate that my statement above was to make a point that saying something rude with a smiley face at te end of it doesn't reduce it's rudeness.

My apologies. I should have read your post more carefully.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-11-2013, 01:57 PM
(13-11-2013 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 12:55 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Morondog - I feel compelled to reiterate that my statement above was to make a point that saying something rude with a smiley face at te end of it doesn't reduce it's rudeness.

My apologies. I should have read your post more carefully.

Moron Tongue

Just kidding, my friend. Apology accepted.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
13-11-2013, 03:12 PM
(13-11-2013 12:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  

I don't know dude, Cathym came unto this thread with an unappreciated air of superiority and didn't respond well to my (IMO) polite response.

I have decided to ignore his posts on this thread for the most part until behavior improves.

I guess I'm just being a pedantic little shit like that. Big Grin
13-11-2013, 03:14 PM
(13-11-2013 12:56 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:14 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  That's not what I wrote. At all.

That is EXACTLY what you wrote.
---> The_Thinking_Theist Wrote: While the event is, to me, important, I don't think it's sacred, but its result is sacred.

Oh lol you're right, I didn't read the post carefully enough.

Sorry, you've had the right idea. Thumbsup
13-11-2013, 03:15 PM
(13-11-2013 12:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  The God that is the Multiverse, and transcends it completely and totally, but yet His presence is in everything, we need only to look for Him and we will find Him.

God without end in a world without end giving us life without end.

God has no name, God answers to no other, and God is most kind.

And His beautiful and vivifying presence is in all things, to be revealed by killing the self in order to achieve full communion and tranquility, achievable via meditation.
In that case, I have another question for you. Do you acknowledge the fact that you don't know any of this? Consider

Well if I didn't *know* than how could I *believe*?
13-11-2013, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2013 03:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-11-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  God is most kind.

You go tell that to the 7 year old dying of Leukemia, the people in the Philippines, and the Jews in the Holocaust. Then report back.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche