Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
13-11-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(13-11-2013 03:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 03:19 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Also, we know that there was an infinite amount of time before the big bang, the big bang's significance was that it spread matter out everywhere.

Actually we don't know that. At a singularity time slows to a halt. What happened "before" the singularity is unknown, (or if that even makes any sense). Time is not separate from space (Relativity .. in this universe anyway), so to posit infinite time, one has to also posit infinite space BEFORE time existed, (which is meaningless).
There is not a shred of evidence for anything "supernatural".

Interesting.

There is evidence for the supernatural if you use God communion meditation techniques with spiritually focused diets. IDK, it works over on this end.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2013, 05:37 PM
(13-11-2013 05:32 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 03:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually we don't know that. At a singularity time slows to a halt. What happened "before" the singularity is unknown, (or if that even makes any sense). Time is not separate from space (Relativity .. in this universe anyway), so to posit infinite time, one has to also posit infinite space BEFORE time existed, (which is meaningless).
There is not a shred of evidence for anything "supernatural".

Interesting.

There is evidence for the supernatural if you use God communion meditation techniques with spiritually focused diets. IDK, it works over on this end.

Nope. It'all 100 % totally natural. Your brain can only speak to you in term you recognize. I can prove to you what you are experiencing has nothing to do with a deity, if you agree to meditate in a MRI or PET scan, and exactly the same thing is reported by people who do not report it as contact with the supernatural.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-11-2013, 05:43 PM
(13-11-2013 03:15 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well if I didn't *know* than how could I *believe*?
As I'm sure you are well aware, one does not need to know something in order to believe it (take, for example, Young Earth Creationists). Now, please answer my question.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-11-2013, 05:49 PM
(13-11-2013 05:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Now, please answer my question.

(I hate it when someone asks that -- no offense intended)

Linksme to der kestion, S.V.P. ?
13-11-2013, 05:50 PM
(13-11-2013 05:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 05:32 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Interesting.

Nope. It'all 100 % totally natural. Your brain can only speak to you in term you recognize. I can prove to you what you are experiencing has nothing to do with a deity, if you agree to meditate in a MRI or PET scan, and exactly the same thing is reported by people who do not report it as contact with the supernatural.

Blink

Wutwut?
13-11-2013, 05:51 PM
(13-11-2013 05:50 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 05:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. It'all 100 % totally natural. Your brain can only speak to you in term you recognize. I can prove to you what you are experiencing has nothing to do with a deity, if you agree to meditate in a MRI or PET scan, and exactly the same thing is reported by people who do not report it as contact with the supernatural.

Blink

Wutwut?

Exactly.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-11-2013, 05:52 PM
(13-11-2013 05:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 05:50 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Blink

Wutwut?

Exactly.

Blink

Wutwut?
14-11-2013, 06:16 AM
(13-11-2013 05:49 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Linksme to der kestion, S.V.P. ?

(13-11-2013 12:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you acknowledge the fact that you don't know any of this? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-11-2013, 09:06 AM
(13-11-2013 03:49 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 03:42 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  Don't know of any Tedtalk that talks about cosmic background radiation, but it would most likely be interesting.

Don't really understand your definition of 'supernatural.' What constitutes the addition of 'super' to the word?

There was no time before the big bang. Try again.

A force ascribed to a force beyond scientific observation or laws of nature.

So, then, expanding upon your astute definition.....A force ascribed to a force ascribed to a force beyond scientific observation or laws of nature, would the be super-super natural? Ie. the creator of the creator of the creation event? Shocking ..oh my gawd, gawd.

Science: Yes, all matter can come from nothing, and we have mathematics that can show how this is possible.

Theist: Something from nothing?! That makes no sense. Gawd created everything..from nothing..and left evidence to the contrary, just to make the believers stronger in their faith. Checkmate, atheists, makes total sense. We *know* this.
14-11-2013, 10:04 PM
(14-11-2013 09:06 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 03:49 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  A force ascribed to a force beyond scientific observation or laws of nature.

So, then, expanding upon your astute definition.....A force ascribed to a force ascribed to a force beyond scientific observation or laws of nature, would the be super-super natural? Ie. the creator of the creator of the creation event? Shocking ..oh my gawd, gawd.

Science: Yes, all matter can come from nothing, and we have mathematics that can show how this is possible.

Theist: Something from nothing?! That makes no sense. Gawd created everything..from nothing..and left evidence to the contrary, just to make the believers stronger in their faith. Checkmate, atheists, makes total sense. We *know* this.

The thing is you're all wrong, about everything.

What is science if words have no meaning?