Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
16-11-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Q&A with The_Thinking_Theist
(14-11-2013 10:04 PM)KillKillKilltoTheThird Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 09:06 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  So, then, expanding upon your astute definition.....A force ascribed to a force ascribed to a force beyond scientific observation or laws of nature, would the be super-super natural? Ie. the creator of the creator of the creation event? Shocking ..oh my gawd, gawd.

Science: Yes, all matter can come from nothing, and we have mathematics that can show how this is possible.

Theist: Something from nothing?! That makes no sense. Gawd created everything..from nothing..and left evidence to the contrary, just to make the believers stronger in their faith. Checkmate, atheists, makes total sense. We *know* this.

The thing is you're all wrong, about everything.

What is science if words have no meaning?

Who are you? What does that last sentence even mean?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2013, 06:39 PM
(14-11-2013 06:16 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 05:49 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Linksme to der kestion, S.V.P. ?

(13-11-2013 12:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you acknowledge the fact that you don't know any of this? Consider

Well I do, if I didn't I couldn't believe in it.

I have experiences from my meditation, teachings from the world's religions, as well as a bit of emotion to have a 100% logical belief in God.
16-11-2013, 06:46 PM
(14-11-2013 09:06 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 03:49 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  A force ascribed to a force beyond scientific observation or laws of nature.

So, then, expanding upon your astute definition.....A force ascribed to a force ascribed to a force beyond scientific observation or laws of nature, would the be super-super natural? Ie. the creator of the creator of the creation event? Shocking ..oh my gawd, gawd.

Science: Yes, all matter can come from nothing, and we have mathematics that can show how this is possible.

Theist: Something from nothing?! That makes no sense. Gawd created everything..from nothing..and left evidence to the contrary, just to make the believers stronger in their faith. Checkmate, atheists, makes total sense. We *know* this.

I think this is your response to a post you find too difficult or impossible to answer.

Yes, I don't know the thesis of the first paragraph but all you said was true. As for the second, mocking, paragraph in the form of a dialogue, the Theistic view is off as well as the Atheistic view. I don't give a shit about how the world was created, though I suspect the Big Bang Theory, but that is one of the Pali Canon's Unanswerable Questions. I do know that God was always and will be always, and has left plenty o' evidence for us to discover.
16-11-2013, 06:54 PM
(16-11-2013 06:46 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 09:06 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  So, then, expanding upon your astute definition.....A force ascribed to a force ascribed to a force beyond scientific observation or laws of nature, would the be super-super natural? Ie. the creator of the creator of the creation event? Shocking ..oh my gawd, gawd.

I think this is your response to a post you find too difficult or impossible to answer.

Yes, I don't know the thesis of the first paragraph but all you said was true. As for the second, mocking, paragraph in the form of a dialogue, the Theistic view is off as well as the Atheistic view. I don't give a shit about how the world was created, though I suspect the Big Bang Theory, but that is one of the Pali Canon's Unanswerable Questions. I do know that God was always and will be always, and has left plenty o' evidence for us to discover.

You do give 'a shit' about how the world was created, or you wouldn't babble on about the invisible guy creating everything, and you being able to communicate with him.

And who gives shits anyways? Do you wrap it up in paper before presenting it to the recipient?
16-11-2013, 06:57 PM
(16-11-2013 06:39 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 06:16 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

Well I do, if I didn't I couldn't believe in it.

I have experiences from my meditation, teachings from the world's religions, as well as a bit of emotion to have a 100% logical belief in God.

You preface your "100% logical belief in god" with the phrase "a bit of emotion."

If emotions are infused into it, how could it possible be 100% logical?

Along with your meditations and teaching from the world's religions, I would question your understanding of what is logical.
16-11-2013, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2013 07:01 PM by The_Thinking_Theist.)
(11-11-2013 06:34 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 09:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Hmmm....

It doesn't impact me, but I have compassion for the living, and I consider a fetus to be alive, so that's why I'm legislating that. As for the woman's choice, I find that morally irrelevant, seeing as it may be that she is the mother, the baby is not her. I am not the government, I am a (terrible) philosopher if anything. Finding solutions to these problems is the government's job, one that is not solved by a killing solution. What you described in that last sentence is the thing I hate about governments, with echoes of my ancestors in the USR in my mind. As for the nothing is sacred garbage, that's just closed-minded thinking at work. Open your eyes and look at the stars of the goddamn sky, and tell me nothing's sacred. What kind of freethinker are you if you believe that philosophy? You come off as a hypocritical conformist when you bleat out mouth-shit like that, and I've seen your posts and know that at least you ca do a bit better than that. So the nothing is sacred argument is an insult to reality, no respect for that argument here.

Did that answer your questions?

So I'm not sure if this has already been covered but if this is your position, then god is the most prolific abortionist of all time. He has to be responsible for our biology, yes?

Then you understand that 80% of all fertilized eggs (blastocyst) don't attach, the ones that do attach to the uterus, 50% of all attached end up aborting within 24-48 hours. If the zygote makes it past this hurtle, it now has a 25% chance of miscarriage during the first trimester. That's a fetus with a heartbeat. If it makes it past te first trimester, and in this day in age, it still has a small chance of dying in utero. Thanks to science, the infant mortality rate is drastically reduced. But remember that the last part was almost 30% of all fetuses died in utero or during childbirth.

My son died in utero jus under the 8th month. Did you know he was not given a birth certificate because he was never alive?

Now this is just *my* experience and it's not intended to trivialize anyone else's experience with this. I was upset when this happened and I grieved, but not for the reason you would think. I grieved not for my actual son, but at the loss that I would not be having a son at this time. I lost the idea of a baby, not the actual baby (it was never a person).

So you use your personal experience but if I had one, you'd probably just say I was appealing to emotion. Just another example of atheistic hypocrisy.

All debating aside... I don't like that that happened, and I am sorry (this theism thing has given me some compassion, so there's an advantage), so I will pray that in the future our collective human souls can be one with each other, which includes your living but unborn child.
16-11-2013, 06:59 PM
(16-11-2013 06:54 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 06:46 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I think this is your response to a post you find too difficult or impossible to answer.

You do give 'a shit' about how the world was created, or you wouldn't babble on about the invisible guy creating everything, and you being able to communicate with him.

And who gives shits anyways? Do you wrap it up in paper before presenting it to the recipient?

I have NEVER babbled about anything.

This entire discussion isn't the origin of the universe, but the eternity of God. YOU babbled about the Big Bang ==== God.

I don't know how one would deliver a shit, though.
16-11-2013, 07:00 PM
(16-11-2013 06:57 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 06:39 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well I do, if I didn't I couldn't believe in it.

You preface your "100% logical belief in god" with the phrase "a bit of emotion."

Along with your meditations and teaching from the world's religions, I would question your understanding of what is logical.

No. You have faith in the notion of the lack of God, belief of any kind is not exempt from emotion.
16-11-2013, 07:09 PM
(16-11-2013 06:59 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 06:54 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  You do give 'a shit' about how the world was created, or you wouldn't babble on about the invisible guy creating everything, and you being able to communicate with him.

I have NEVER babbled about anything.

This entire discussion isn't the origin of the universe, but the eternity of God. YOU babbled about the Big Bang ==== God.

You have never babbled about anything on here?!

I didn't say the BB was god. I said the god you are describing is just you misconstruing a scientific theory.

I understand how your brain is working. There was a time in my life I thought on similar terms such as yourself. It is hard to break the bonds of indoctrination. I tried to blend beliefs with science, trying to cling to something. And then my amygdala got put in the backseat, and the more logical frontal lobes were able to take over.

Adolescents do more thinking with their amygdala (responsible for emotionally irrational thinking and behavior) because it matures more quickly than the logical part of the brain.

That is why it is so disgusting to brainwash children. They latch onto it emotionally.
16-11-2013, 07:11 PM
(16-11-2013 07:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 06:57 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  You preface your "100% logical belief in god" with the phrase "a bit of emotion."

No. You have faith in the notion of the lack of God, belief of any kind is not exempt from emotion.

On the contrary. I have no faith at all, especially in science. I have NO faith in science.

Scientists have no faith in science.