Q: Where will you be jailed for saying you're an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Q: Where will you be jailed for saying you're an atheist?
(29-01-2015 01:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 11:47 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  2. It's a shame that Muslims are so clearly intolerant, and always have been, of Christians and atheists alike. Sucks.

I guess we could make insane generalisations about billions of people across thousands of places and hundreds of years, although I can't say I see the utility thereof...

Do you even history?

(do note that the question's rhetorical; we all know that you don't)

Islam is a religion of force and compulsion by force. Last time I looked there are 27 muslim nations, 26 of them taken forcibly. The Pope has apologized (after 1,000 years) for the excesses of the Inquisition. But no Muslim cleric has ever apologized for the slaughter of Coptic Christians in Egypt or any of the atrocities the muslims have done since the 7th century.

There are now more Jews in Israel from countries other than Europe than descendants and escapees from the Shoah. The Jews from muslim nations all have horror stories of generations of rapes, murders and terror against Jews in muslim nations.

I apologize if I forgot to put [believing] or [fundie] or whatever word before the word muslims in my post, but there it is. And since I've been excoriated here for daring to read the Bible as only born again Christians are born again Christians, you'll forgive me for putting "muslims" as intolerant. Only the leaders of the muslim nations and many of their followers hate atheists and Christians.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2015, 02:44 PM
(30-01-2015 02:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Islam is a religion of force and compulsion by force.

That's how Christianity got it's upgrade from cult to state religion of the empire that had already conquered many nations.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
30-01-2015, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2015 03:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-01-2015 02:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The Pope has apologized (after 1,000 years) for the excesses of the Inquisition. But no Muslim cleric has ever apologized for the slaughter of Coptic Christians in Egypt or any of the atrocities the muslims have done since the 7th century.

And Gordon Brown apologized for the Brits giving Alan Turing a sentence of death by chemical castration for being gay 55 years postmortem. The fuck's that got to do with the price of tea in China? "We used to be as evil as these guys but now we're not and we apologize for any past atrocities. Our bad." Hell the ISIS beheadings are merciful compared to some of the creative tortures the Christians came up with.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-02-2015, 02:33 PM
And here comes an "NTS" but which empire was started by non-Catholic regimes? Even the Protestant monarchies were leftovers from the Holy Roman Empire. There's little comparison in scope or death count.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
02-02-2015, 03:03 PM
(02-02-2015 02:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And here comes an "NTS" but which empire was started by non-Catholic regimes? Even the Protestant monarchies were leftovers from the Holy Roman Empire. There's little comparison in scope or death count.

Once again demonstrating that you do not understand what the No True Scotsman Fallacy is.

And what are you even responding to?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-02-2015, 09:40 AM
(02-02-2015 03:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 02:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And here comes an "NTS" but which empire was started by non-Catholic regimes? Even the Protestant monarchies were leftovers from the Holy Roman Empire. There's little comparison in scope or death count.

Once again demonstrating that you do not understand what the No True Scotsman Fallacy is.

And what are you even responding to?

Comments that Christianity is as abominably vicious as Islam. Unfortunately, a great majority of complaints I hear about Christendom past and present are Roman Catholic issues. While some Roman Catholics are saved, the official doctrines of the Roman church are not only "off" but demonic per the scriptures...

03-02-2015, 10:29 AM
(03-02-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  While some Roman Catholics are saved, the official doctrines of the Roman church are not only "off" but demonic per the scriptures...

Funny; they'd say the same about you, now, wouldn't they?

Oh, wait - I know this one: no true Scotsman Christian would ever interpret ambiguous scripture differently...

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
04-02-2015, 10:11 AM
(03-02-2015 10:29 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 09:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  While some Roman Catholics are saved, the official doctrines of the Roman church are not only "off" but demonic per the scriptures...

Funny; they'd say the same about you, now, wouldn't they?

Oh, wait - I know this one: no true Scotsman Christian would ever interpret ambiguous scripture differently...

Two things, so you'll know:

1. There are literal descriptions of groups that start in the church than abandon the true faith to follow demonic doctrines. Forbidding marriage and the eating of certain foods are two such identifying marks. The RCC, of course, has forbidden marriage for elders for many years now, and had over a millennia or more all kinds of rules re: foods.

2. Not only is there no ambiguous scripture that speaks of RCC doctrines but there is either no scripture as well as, in other cases, straightforward scripture that prohibits the doctrines. Basically the RCC makes stuff up then says it's tradition is superior to and interprets scripture. Example: Deut. 18 prohibits speaking to the dead. The RCC church prays to invoke aid from dead people.

07-02-2015, 09:20 AM
(04-02-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 10:29 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Funny; they'd say the same about you, now, wouldn't they?

Two things, so you'll know:

1. There are literal descriptions of groups that start in the church than abandon the true faith to follow demonic doctrines. Forbidding marriage and the eating of certain foods are two such identifying marks. The RCC, of course, has forbidden marriage for elders for many years now, and had over a millennia or more all kinds of rules re: foods.

2. Not only is there no ambiguous scripture that speaks of RCC doctrines but there is either no scripture as well as, in other cases, straightforward scripture that prohibits the doctrines. Basically the RCC makes stuff up then says it's tradition is superior to and interprets scripture. Example: Deut. 18 prohibits speaking to the dead. The RCC church prays to invoke aid from dead people.

This is a very special response.

You think they're wrong; they think you're wrong. Your response when this is pointed out to you is to vacuously bleat back, "nuh-uh, 'cause they are wrong". It troubles me that you might see this as even coming close to a competent response.

Actually, though, it brings to mind a similar disagreement I was having with a friend of mine recently. Maybe you could help us out of that one, too? The question was this:
is it rabbit season, or is it duck season?

... this is my signature!
07-02-2015, 11:11 AM
(04-02-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. There are literal descriptions of groups that start in the church than abandon the true faith to follow demonic doctrines. Forbidding marriage and the eating of certain foods are two such identifying marks.
How does your church feel about gay marriage?
Do they perform gay marriage ceremonies?

(04-02-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Basically the RCC makes stuff up
How do you know that your church doesn't make stuff up? Do you ask them for objective verifiable evidence in support of their claims?

(04-02-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Example: Deut. 18 prohibits speaking to the dead. The RCC church prays to invoke aid from dead people.
Do you pray to Jesus? Didn't he die on the cross?