Q evangelism success

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-04-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: Q evangelism success
(13-04-2016 05:30 AM)julep Wrote:  I think Q is probably too chicken to evangelize to humans in person, so he thinks doing it over the internet will count with his god. But maybe it's just that he's so repulsive in real life that the only place where he can preach is a street corner, and he's not doing well at that.

I am not so sure about that. I could see him in some sort of church ministry where he is viewed as a intellectual powerhouse. The go-to guy if you are struggling. I bet that he is very effective at reinforcing pre-existing beliefs of believers. From my experience, christians have no idea what the Dunning-Kruger effect is and have no idea how to spot it. I think this is due to poor epistemology which they are also not aware of.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2016, 09:21 AM
(13-04-2016 08:59 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 05:30 AM)julep Wrote:  I think Q is probably too chicken to evangelize to humans in person, so he thinks doing it over the internet will count with his god. But maybe it's just that he's so repulsive in real life that the only place where he can preach is a street corner, and he's not doing well at that.

I am not so sure about that. I could see him in some sort of church ministry where he is viewed as a intellectual powerhouse. The go-to guy if you are struggling. I bet that he is very effective at reinforcing pre-existing beliefs of believers. From my experience, christians have no idea what the Dunning-Kruger effect is and have no idea how to spot it. I think this is due to poor epistemology which they are also not aware of.

Maybe. But I think he's more likely to be only used in a marginal role because of his creepiness and utter lack of empathy towards other human beings.
13-04-2016, 09:27 AM
I noticed that once he runs out of arguments, he disappears for a few days or week. Like he is looking for answers because he hasnt some left. Like watching WLC on YT or asking his minister, whatever. I have a strong suspicion that he is a kind of puppet fed with a lot of stuff from outside his mind by other people.
In the thread with Mark fulton about Paul, he seems to be way more elaborate and eloquent, yet also disappears to come back with new stuff later. Nevertheless he seems to be way more versed in the bible and its content itself than with the rest of reality as it happens to be outside of his book. He clearly reads too much bible (and sometimes seeemingly not even the verses itself but rather interpretations) and way too less wordly stuff.

Although i verbally attack him (in order to "shake" him) i truly pity him, since he is wasting his life with bullshit and probably only on his deathbed (if ever) he will notice, and then its too late.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
13-04-2016, 09:39 AM
I think I would agree with Organic, he may be the go to guy in his social circles. I can imagine him bragging to his friends about how he out thinks atheists on a daily bases. The benefit we get here, is we can go back to see the contradictions he creates, the ignorance of his arguments, and the way he ignores the questions he doesn't know or want to think about.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
13-04-2016, 11:05 AM
(13-04-2016 09:39 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I think I would agree with Organic, he may be the go to guy in his social circles. I can imagine him bragging to his friends about how he out thinks atheists on a daily bases. The benefit we get here, is we can go back to see the contradictions he creates, the ignorance of his arguments, and the way he ignores the questions he doesn't know or want to think about.

Internet trolls usually don't have social circles. They are normally bored to death losers living in a basement under their parents' house. I should know, I was almost one of them. Fortunately although later than most, I got a job, a wife, and a house.
13-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Q dose as well (or so he says) he's married with 2 kids.

I a different post might have also suggested his true identity.

https://plus.google.com/+SteveShirley1/about

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
13-04-2016, 01:22 PM
(13-04-2016 11:33 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Q dose as well (or so he says) he's married with 2 kids.

No
13-04-2016, 03:23 PM
(13-04-2016 01:22 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 11:33 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Q dose as well (or so he says) he's married with 2 kids.

No

[Image: giphy.gif]

13-04-2016, 03:34 PM
(13-04-2016 09:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I have a strong suspicion that he is a kind of puppet fed with a lot of stuff from outside his mind by other people.
He's Kirk Cameron?
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
13-04-2016, 08:48 PM
(13-04-2016 03:34 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 09:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I have a strong suspicion that he is a kind of puppet fed with a lot of stuff from outside his mind by other people.
He's Kirk Cameron?

Puppet fed with bananas?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac